July 2016 Moms

Getting back in shape

Can I just rant for like half a second about how frustrating it is that it takes what feels like an eternity to get your butt in shape and all of 2 seconds for to all go out the window?! Hahahah ahhhh! I was in decent shape before I got pregnant and had been on a great routine. Then found out I was pregnant and stopped because of recurrent miscarriages. Monday started back up and I am on the day 2 soreness and am walking around like a pirate! Love it. Ugh! But at least it's a start right?!

Re: Getting back in shape

• Kudos for getting back to it! So many people would've just stopped altogether so you're ahead of the game :)
    Move around even though you're sore to help flush the lactic acid out of your muscles. You'll be better soon and then you can do it all over!
  • Loading the player...
  • I just started this week too. I didn't work out with DD, but I started in better shape. This time I just have zero stamina, so I need to do something to get my fitness level a bit higher.
  • The morning sickness/extreme fatigue cut out all activity not related to basic survival or getting to and from work. I've just started really feeling good in the past week (17 weeks tomorrow), and put my running shoes back on. I'm not pushing myself anywhere near as hard as I would were I not pregnant (Insanity workouts are my usual m.o.), but I get 45 minutes of sweat inducing cardio every single day, so at least I know my heart is happy. It's also so much easier now that my eating habits are back to normal and not just easy-on-the-tummy carbs.

I know we have a fitness thread here somewhere, and a few of us have talked about the option of 'check-ins' for support and accountability. We just need to make sure that we all put pregnancy at the forefront as I know a few of us (myself included) have struggled with e.d. Right now I'm just running (well, jogging) with the mantra that women who can keep active during pregnancy may have an easier time once in labor. How my ass-cheeks look in a bikini can wait until summer of 2017. ;)
  • I'm in the same boat. I was bodybuilding/weightlifting and had hit some pretty great goals of bf% and gains. I tried to keep it up and the first time I almost threw up all over the weights I knew I had to take a break. Also, extreme fatigue just hasn't been worth getting out of bed an hour earlier every morning, especially in the winter. Hoping the ms/all day sickness lets up within the next couple weeks as I'm hitting 15 weeks tomorrow and I can get back into it soon. I can just imagine how much of a set back I'll have with not working out for almost 3 months!
  • I love this! And @Nerdchild I'd be totally ok with a check in group if for nothing more than to support one another when it gets tough! I'm not aiming for a rock in post baby bod, I just don't want to be a beached whale and hope it will help me through labor :)