December 2015 Moms
Options

Does your fur baby...

Eat your babies soiled diapers?
My husband found two soild diapers under our couch that was chewed up by our dog just curious if my dog is the only one or if someone else is experiencing this. Ive learned to secure the diapers in the garbage can so she cant get to them. As if i need more to do -__-

Re: Does your fur baby...

• Options
    Funny you ask our dog had to have stomach surgery last year as he ate a swiffer duster, the other day we came home to diaper pieces everywhere so I instantly freaked. We gave him peroxide to throw it up and luckily he did otherwise we would have had another $5000 vet bill on our hands. It was the entire diaper barely chewed up. Stupid love able animal.
  • Options
    YES. We have a diaper bin that is upstairs and when we are gone, if we don't remember to close the gate to upstairs we have a nice surprise of chewed up diapers all over our floor downstairs and poop smears on the floors. Good thing we have tile floors, so easy to clean. it's gross, I hate it!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes. Luckily we caught our boston terrier in time, she was 'shopping' through the diaper pail and hadn't chosen something to play with/eat yet. So nasty!!!!
  • Options
    My current dog does not but my angel dog would've without a doubt if he was still alive. The safety 1st pail looked pretty dog resistant when we were registering.
  • Options
    Sad to say but im happy we're not alone. Im not sure what attracts them to the diapers 0_o. And to me what makes it worse is she's a licker so i cant stand her licking me knowing where the mouth has been lol. Now my dog has another title added to her laundry list including pantie bandit
  • Options
    We have a diaper genie so there's no way she can get the diapers. She is a little ahole though. Whenever I'm in the nursery she gets extremely jealous. She loves to grab DDs clothes from the hamper and hide them or tear up the adorable rag rug in there! As of lately she thinks its now her restroom as well. Never get a puppy while expecting a baby. Just don't do it. Haha
  • Options
    ammnam14 said:

We have a diaper genie so there's no way she can get the diapers. She is a little ahole though. Whenever I'm in the nursery she gets extremely jealous. She loves to grab DDs clothes from the hamper and hide them or tear up the adorable rag rug in there! As of lately she thinks its now her restroom as well. Never get a puppy while expecting a baby. Just don't do it. Haha

Amen. I have an eight month old golden who is driving us crazy. I love him to pieces but my patience is wearing thin. He is always into something, always. He's a huge thief so he loves to trot around the living room picking up baby stuff. We must say 'leave it' and 'drop' a hundred times a day. He will definitely eat a diaper if given the opportunity.

• Options
    My dog never ate diapers, but we have a Munchkin diaper pail that she couldn't get into. She liked to eat her own and the cat's poop, so she probably would've eaten a poop diaper if given the chance. 

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    ammnam14 said:

Yup. We rescued a dog a few months ago. He's one year old and driving me insane. He eats baby clothes if I leave them in reach. Among other things. We start doggy school tomorrow.
  • Options
    Yup. And then we got a diaper genie. So gross
  • Options
    DH left a whole bag of diapers on our closed in porch and then left the dog there after a walk. DH said it was so bad he was dry heaving as he cleaned up the mess. I thought maybe it was just our dog. She eats so much random stuff we call her a goat.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We have an Ubbi diaper pail, no dog is getting in it. Our 1.5 year old wild girl all of a sudden became a calm girl when we brought baby home. She loves socks though. She will get socks out of the dirty clothes to lay with. Baby's socks got initiated into this weird obsession. I find tiny socks everywhere. I'm worried she'll swallow one. Our almost 8 year old Yorkie if given the chance would totally eat a diaper. There were a few times in the past that he got into my period garbage. He's disgusting, but sweet.