January 2016 Moms

WTF Wednesday

Let it all out here
Married 2006
DS1 2010
DS2 2013
DD1 2016

Re: WTF Wednesday

• WTF water department?! They showed up at my door at 830 in the morning, without warning, expecting to come inside and replace some meter. How about not?!

830 in the morning. You've lost your mind!
  • Loading the player...
  • WTF baby! It's 41w1. Let's get this show on the road! I was expecting an extra week or so but now my patience is starting to wear...
  • WTF to SO. He is switching colleges to go for his bachlors and we are having nothing but problems getting one specific transcript because the school completely changed how they give them out. You literally just put the info in and have to print it off right then and there. No sealed envelope, no emailing, no faxing, nothing...I called and the employee tried to tell me they decide what is official. I filed a complaint considering that's BS to begin with and it's not even the standard.

WTF to my body. No C-section yesterday (DD2 is breech). My OB is going to wait until Tuesday. I will be admitted to a triage room in L&D, have an ultrasound to determine baby's position and hopefully be induced or else from 8am to 9:30am will be C-section time. My OB is giving wiggle room because I don't want a C-section at all since I'm diabetic and it's major abdominal surgery so he may need to actually calm me the hell down because he knows my blood pressure will be high just from being told I'm going to have a C-section. I also don't like the charge nurse in L&D that I met yesterday. She was very stupid. They deliver so many babies born to diabetics that they have a step down unit just for babies with blood sugar issues. She tried to say at 37 weeks, I was considered term. I am not term because diabetics are term at 39 weeks. Babies born to diabetics lungs mature 2 weeks slower than babies born to non-diabetics. I wanted to punch her needless to say. I'm glad my actual nurse was super awesome and paying attention. But just high blood pressure due to anxiety. No swelling, no protein in my pee...blah! The resident OB told me this baby has a 2% change of turning back to head down by Tuesday. And my OB offered a version but he wasn't confident it would work at all since I have low amniotic fluid. I am gonna go take a nap now.
  • Stupid fire alarms. Replaced 3 batteries, still beeping
  • Wtf to LO - he HATES sleeping at night for some reason. Then gets pissed off because he's tired..
    Touché dude, touché
  • WTF to the payroll and health offices at my school district.  I get a phone call from the health office and the lady asks me; "Hello Megan, payroll asked me to call and see if you have delivered your baby already?"  :|

Why yes, I have. 6 WEEKS AGO! I called them the day I delivered. I was so on top of it, I even had him added to my insurance the day he was born as well as contacted my building personally to let them know.  I ended the phone conversation with, I've already filled out my paperwork to return to work actually, so your office is just a tad behind.  Hope they didn't screw up any of my leave time. From what I can see online, it looks as if all is good with it, but COME ON! You had one job and you blew it. 

• Wtf to LO - he HATES sleeping at night for some reason. Then gets pissed off because he's tired..
    Touché dude, touché

Mine does that too! wakes up to feed and then takes an hour to get her to sleep! Sleeps no problem all day but noooo not night time
  • cali1710 said:

Wtf to LO - he HATES sleeping at night for some reason. Then gets pissed off because he's tired..
    Touché dude, touché

Mine does that too! wakes up to feed and then takes an hour to get her to sleep! Sleeps no problem all day but noooo not night time
    Here too... She sleeps like a champ through the day. But at night, she refuses to sleep unless she's being held.
  • Wtf little one, I just want a nap. Every time I try to nap little one won't go to sleep or even just chill out with daddy, she just wants to cluster feed. I guess I would rather she cluster feed now than at night but mommy really needs a nap!
  • @PedsIsHardcore Glad they didn't do the c-section. The spinning babies exercises worked for me to turn LO from breech at around 36/37 weeks. Good luck. 

@maureenmce I feel the same! Even the nurse is like "you're still pregnant" at my appointment today. Um...yes...due date is Friday. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • WTF University of Oregon. My husband had a Skype interview with them last week and was told he'd hear from them at the end of February. Well now they want him to visit for three days the week after next. (I'm due Sunday)

Best case, I'm home alone with a week old baby. Worst case, I'm alone for the actual delivery. Ugh! I'm so stressed, and feel like this kid isn't going anywhere soon. But I also feel awful and guilty because this really is a great opportunity for our family! I'm in a glass case of emotion (and pregnancy hormones)!
  • WTF to my immune system. I haven't been sick since early in my first trimester and now, at 40+3 I wake up with a wicked sore throat and awful head cold. I'm supposed to see my OB tomorrow to schedule an induction for next week - I've been so eager to get this baby out but now I'm kind of hoping she stays in a little longer so I have time to get over this cold from hell! As if being overdue wasn't uncomfortable enough without this!
  • WTF to my SO's previous doctor. We are switching and I could just slap the previous doctor! His labs indicate why he is having issues, but they procrastinated on saying anything...it's almost a month later!
  • Wtf another clogged duct? Ow! Back to the heat/massage/nurse/heat/massage/nurse routine again. Hopefully this one goes away within 24 hours like the other one did
  • My in laws are in town. I've been telling my husband to tell them no kissing her head, face, or hands. But of course he didn't tell them that. So what are they doing? Holding my baby and kissing everywhere I didn't want them to, and of course I'm too scared to say something. I've already made the rule that no one can share pics of her on social media and got a lot of crap for that, so who knows how much crap I'll get for this. People seem to forget who's baby it actually is. And of course they are holding the baby soaking up all MY cuddles while I act like their host and clean up after their messy selves, and do all the chores. Aren't people at least suppose to offer to help around the house instead of holding my baby while she's behaving? So now I only get her to feed her. I'm freaking livid and giving everyone the stink eye right now. I already don't want to share my baby as it is. I can't handle it.
  • Wtf brain quit making my boobs let down i just wanna watch my tv show without changing my bra and shirt 10 times!
  • I have been trying to get me and LO out of the house every now and then to keep my sanity . Today I was planning on taking her for a walk ... Well I couldn't get the stroller unfolded , it's stuck in a locked position... Tried on the baby carrier for the first time and there are a billion straps that I don't have the patience for .... Looks like I'm Stuck inside again ! Why does everything baby have to be so freaking confusing!!!!! I could really use some wine but my milk supply is hanging on by a thread ... Oh and a little coffee would be nice too ! Seriously Wth
  • Caprine89 said:

WTF University of Oregon. My husband had a Skype interview with them last week and was told he'd hear from them at the end of February. Well now they want him to visit for three days the week after next. (I'm due Sunday)

Best case, I'm home alone with a week old baby. Worst case, I'm alone for the actual delivery. Ugh! I'm so stressed, and feel like this kid isn't going anywhere soon. But I also feel awful and guilty because this really is a great opportunity for our family! I'm in a glass case of emotion (and pregnancy hormones)!

Can he explain his circumstances and ask for it to be delayed? I know my DH has had to wait on hearing from jobs because other candidates needed time for some reason or another. A baby seems a valid reason :)
  • @mrscammack - I'm in the same boat!  Haven't been sick since the second tri, now 4 days from LO's due date, I woke up with a cold.  My husband googled it and said there's an old wives' tale about that meaning labor is coming soon.  I'm so ready to be done, I have decided to believe in this particular old wives' tale!  ;)  Hope you feel better soon!
  • @maureenmce I'm going to choose to believe that particular old wives tale as well! :) hopefully we are both back to normal health and have our babies soon!
  • @Rach8672 my milk supply is pretty sucky, but I seriously would not survive a day without some coffee. Between my 13 month old who wants to wreak havoc and is going through a terrible sleep regression, and a 2 week old who refuses to sleep at night unless she's held, coffee is life or death in this house.
  • My due date is today and Im feeling mentally and physically drained. I feel like my child is very comfortable inside my tummy.
  • WTF fil, why did you even bother to send your son that generic bullshit birthday card when you never answered his calls saying
    1 we are pregnant
    2 it's a girl
    3 she was born.
    Why are you pretending his child doesn't exist. I know you don't like me but this is insane.
  • Wtf to this painful rash under my boobies. Dafuq did you come from ?!
  • @Achae Because it's his first job out of school he doesn't feel like he can ask for special treatment and not sound off-putting. I told him people have babies all the time and most places would be understanding. And if they weren't, he probably wouldn't like working there anyway.
    My sister changed her flight plans, so I'll have some support while he's gone. Hopefully today's appointment will show some progress. I can handle a newborn without him for three days, but if he misses the delivery, I'll be a wreck!
  • WTF family on Facebook. After specifically asking everyone not to post anything on Facebook, I log on a couple days after baby was born to see my wall full of Congrats messages, and all of the pictures we'd sent to family. I'm so peed off, but nothing I can do about it, and I don't want to start any arguments now, so I'm just gonna rant about it here and focus the rest of my energy on our little man. 
  • WTF to DH who expects me to start his very restrictive diet with him at 39 weeks pregnant.... (I wasn't overweight pre-pregnancy and have gained the exact amount I'm supposed to)... apparently because he's doing the diet and I'm not doing it with him, it makes me unsupportive of his decision to get healthy.
  • @Life is Exciting Um, no. Baby needs extra calories for one, and mom needs some treats to put up with being almost 40 weeks!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020