August 2016 Moms
Options

Microarray?

edited January 2016 in August 2016 Moms
Has anyone done microarray? If so, did you find anything? We had a soft marker for increased fluid and did a CVS and that came back normal. There are so many more tests to do, and microarray is one of them. My doctor said it could catch 1% or less or genetic abnormalities that the CVS didn't see, but in his experience he never saw the microarray come back abnormal. Any thoughts?

Re: Microarray?

• Options
    I would trust the CVS. The NT scan has a high incidence of false positives, which is what it sounds like you had.
    BFP #1 10/6/11 | EDD 6/15/12 | MMC 11/7/11 @ 8w3d | D&C 11/14/11

BFP #2 8/22/12 | EDD 5/5/13 | DS1 born 5/9/13

BFP #3 4/25/15 | EDD 1/7/16 | MMC 7/2/15 @ 13w1d | D&E 7/8/15

BFP #4 12/9/15 | EDD 8/22/16 | DS2 born 5/18/16 at 26w2d

Just keep swimming.
  • Options
    If the CVS (which is a diagnostic tool) came back normal and the doc doesn't seem concerned, I think I would take his advice.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Don't do a microarray.
    We did. And insurance will not cover it...I would wait until your 20 week scan and you can actually see more. Trust the cvs. If(not saying it will but if) your child has a non genetic issue you won't be able to tell until the anatomy scan anyway. The good news is that your precious child doesn't have one of the many genetic conditions you have already tested! im sure everything is great!!!
  • Options
    Thank you all for your responses. I think we are going to just go for a second opinion before we invest in all these tests if at all. Thanks again. Positive thoughts are good:)