September 2016 Moms

Has anyone ever?

I recently found out I was pregnant with my boyfriend. We are living together and have been dating for 8 months. I was having some doubts during the month I conceived (before I found out) and now I'm beyond worried that because I was having doubts about him, when we bring this baby into the world we aren't going to work out. This baby will be our first and he is completely in love with me and has been since we met. He would marry me tomorrow if I would do it. Am I just letting hormones get the best of me!? lol 

Has anyone been in a situation similar to mine? Did the relationship last? I feel so discouraged that we haven't been together long and are having a baby. It's just not logical to me which is what scares me. 

No judgement!! 

Re: Has anyone ever?

• RedMarRedMar member
    edited January 2016
    We were engaged after 5 mos of being together and then married a year later. So personally, I don't think 8 mos is all that daunting of a number.

Take it slow, OP. If you're having any doubts, just mentally go for a longgggg engagement. No need to rush into marriage just because you're pregnant. That needs to be a decision you both make, not one the baby decides for you.

My parents got married because of me (mom was ~5 mos pregnant in wedding photos). But that was a different time period IMO. My mother's side is extremely Catholic and having a baby out of wedlock was taboo. Well the religious reasoning didn't hold out since they eventually divorced and both re-married, but it always gives me a weird feeling that I'm the top "reason" they wed.
  • Yeah I definitely said I don't want to get married yet. I want to wait for a while. I'm just concerned that I will be having a baby with someone I won't be with down the road. I know how common this is, it just isn't what i imagined for my life. 
  • Loading the player...
  • A relationship counselor may be reassuring for you. My husband and I have had check-ins periodically with a counselor since we got engaged. It helps keep communication open and offers a safe mediation when we're having issues.
  • This might sound insane but I don't care lol.

I met my DH , Then 3 months later we got engaged.. Then 4 months later we got married . I ran away and got married at 18.. I got pregnant with my first a month in half when we got married .. So I never tend to judge people who " rush" lol . I've been married 2 years going on 3 and I'm expecting our 2 nd . Couldn't be happier. My family judged me so hard .. But does it look like I gave a shit lol. They might still do. Idc lol. It will work . Put all your effort towards it and realize this.. You have one life with this guy .. One life .. Do you really want to spend it fighting ?
  • This was our situation, too. We were together for 4 months before I found out I was pregnant. There were a lot of ups and downs, especially with me being pregnant, hormonal and living with him and his dad. But, we just celebrated our 5 year anniversary this past September. And now having our 2nd in September this year.
  • I haven't been in your situation, but I don't think the amount of time you've been together will make or break you. If you love each other and have a strong relationship, it absolutely could be a great and lasting thing. With that said, I'm a huge believer in NOT getting married or staying together just for the sake of being pregnant or having a child. I wouldn't make any kind of marriage related decisions right now. Having a baby is a huge deal and it will impact your relationship (in good and bad ways). Get used to parenthood together and then reevaluate and decide if you want to get married.