October 2016 Moms

Symptoms thread

Re: Symptoms thread

• The fatigue I have is crazy overwhelming. I feel like I could fall asleep standing up. I do not remember this with my daughter. I haven't had much nausea yet, just a few strong waves here and there. 
  • lilylover27lilylover27 member
    edited January 2016
    Just wanted to update since I can barely function this morning! Went to bed before DH yesterday around 8:30ish and was passed out till this morning at 5:45. I am still super tired even after all that sleep! If I didn't have work I could easily crawl back into bed for a few hours. Also the don't really have nausea yet but I did notice after eating some toast this morning my stomach felt uncomfortable, kind of like boarder line nausea. Does anyone else get this, just after they eat?

Edit: Also, may be TMI but I find that my nipples are "tingly". Like my breasts don't hurt but occasionally both my nipples will feel almost like when you foot falls asleep. Sorry bad explanation but cannot think of it any other way!

Also, funny little side story. My DH and I usually had a drink on Wednesdays to celebrate the middle of the week. This morning he was like oh yeah I get to have a drink tonight and then he just smiled at me and proceeded to say his favorite line from knocked up, you know the one about the eating sushi and jumping on a trampoline one. He knew I was moody so he was trying to get me to laugh, must say it brightened my morning a little.
    Married: June 2011
    TTC #1: September 2015-January 2016
    BFP #1: 1/25/16 - MMC Diagnosed 3/22/16
    TTCAL: June 2016
    BFP #2: 8/26/16 - EDD 5/9/17
    Jackson born 5/6/17 at 8:36 PM - 9lbs 5oz & 21in
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My symptoms thus far include occasional nausea, and I'm super emotional.  I also have fatigue and insomnia. What a combo.  And today it appears that I will go to the bathroom every hour.  Fun times...but I'm grateful for the experience!
  • von1976von1976 member
    edited January 2016
    @lilylover27  LOL, I almost stopped to buy beer on the way home from the grocery store yesterday. And then I was like, oh yeah--don't need that! (Hubby doesn't drink beer.)

@DanniG79 Me too on the emotional part, I started reading some stuff this morning about what to expect during the birth, and I started bawling. Ugh! I'm so over these hormones already!

Anniversary

Baby GIRL born 9/16/201
    BFP! EDD 8/1/2019 CP 4w2d

• @lilylover27 I know what you mean! It doesn't feel real to me yet either!!

I've had cramping on and off for a week now, which makes me a little nervous but I try not to worry too much (my mother said she felt like she was getting AF for her whole pregnancy with me). My back has been killing me (aggravating my slipped disc) but it's a bit better today. Boobs are a little sore on and off. I find myself naturally drinking a lot more than usual. And having some acne breakouts, that was my first symptom!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I know this sounds gross, but has anyone had extreme farting? I NEVER used to pass gas like this and now its constant, and it smells sooooooo bad. I have to leave the room its so bad, luckily its only at night now so hasn't happened at work (I'm a teacher). I will feel soooo bad for my students if it starts happening during work. My boobs are also REALLY sore. I'm hoping that since I'm having this horrible gas I won't get morning sickness *fingers crossed*
  • von1976von1976 member
    edited January 2016
    @octobermom16 OMG, yes! I understand that it's pretty normal. Increased progesterone means the GI system slows down, giving it time to break down the food in your gut extra well, causing flatulence.

I seriously cannot stop farting. I just keep telling my husband it's his fault for knocking me up!

I'm so terrified of miscarrying that I keep checking for blood every time I pee. I'm pretty sure I'll be doing this the entire pregnancy. None of this feels real to me after waiting so long.

Anniversary

Baby GIRL born 9/16/201

• @octobermom16 I knew I was knocked up when I suddenly became gassy!  I have never passed gas in front of my DH...until Monday.  I was mortified and he thought it was the funniest thing!

Is anyone still having cramps?  I thought the dull ache would have subsided by now.
    Me {32} DH {34}
    Married 05/2014

PCOS baby due October 09, 2016
    Beta #1: 22.5
    Beta #2: 74

• I'm mostly just really thirsty now. All I want is water. And a bit dizzy. And a bit nauseous. I thought fo sure I was going to hurl on my drive in to work. Nothing like being stuck in traffic each way for an hour when you feel sick. I'm going to get a garbage can and some peppermints for the car.
    And I'm in a pretty good mood, which is actually weird for me. That was one of my "clues" before my BFP. I'm always downright miserable before AF, but I've been abnormally happy. Hey, I'll take it!
  • @PCOSbaby I've been feeling crampy on and off the past few days.  I don't remember that from my first pregnancy, but really the beginning of my first one is kind of a blur at this point, so who knows? 

Baby BOY due 10-8-16
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • @PCOSbaby @sidecarsareforbishes @LGW2015 cramping here too, but really mild, and it kind of comes in spurts.

@octobermom16 gas here! One of my first symptoms as well.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Also in the cramp camp. Trying not to fret over it since I have no control.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks for the responses. I was starting to freak out even though I promised myself I wouldn't.
    Me {32} DH {34}
    Married 05/2014

PCOS baby due October 09, 2016
    Beta #1: 22.5
    Beta #2: 74

• Cramps, sore boobs, and gassy here too!
    And I've had to pee all the time, every 30 minutes if I drink my normal amount of water. 
  • Ugh trying not to freak myself out, have some on and off cramping today and I know it is normal but it is making me so nervous! I just want to fast forward through this first trimester and know we are basically safe. Anyone else getting like this lately?
  • I don't really have any symptoms, other than a headache, which makes my nervous. Maybe some fatigue, but no morning sickness or anything. I took another test this afternoon just to be sure... Still positive. I think I won't be able to believe it's for real until we hear a heartbeat. 

Anniversary

Baby GIRL born 9/16/201

• Fatigue, heartburn, cramps, a bit of nausea, good sense of smell, super thirsty and emotional
  • Fatigue, heartburn, cramps, a bit of nausea, good sense of smell, super thirsty and emotional
    I already had a heightened sense of smell but now I smell EVERYTHING and I don't wanna! 
  • lilylover27lilylover27 member
    edited January 2016
    Just fatigue, so much fatigue! I just want my sweats and to be under a nice warm blanket on the couch. Other than that nothing, which concerns me but hopefully more is coming!

Edit: because I am too tired to type!
  • Fatigue, insatiable thirst, peeing a lot, gassy belly, and acne is what I've got going on at five weeks. Oh, and I had some dull cramping and light spotting after sex during weeks three and four, but I hear that's normal as your inside shift things around. Interestingly, two of my female clients came to their sessions this week, took one look at me, and said, "Are you pregnant?" I don't know how they could tell!

Oh, and I also notice I'm craving being around my husband. Not even in a sexy way, I just want to be near him and snuggle him and smell him all the time. I miss him while he's at work the way I used to when we first started dating. It's sweet, really! I guess it's nesting hormones or something. . . anyone else have this??

Also, @lilylover27, I know what you mean about the expensive pregnancy tests! A friend finally clued me in that I could buy 25 strips for just $11 on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Easy-Home-Pregnancy-Urine-Strips/dp/B00SXCX1TO/ref=sr_1_1?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1454088897&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=easy+home+pregnancy+test&psc=1
  • I'm pretty much the same as all of you guys. The most annoying is what's going on with my GI/stomach... gassy, bloated, constipated, occasional nausea. Also headaches, fatigue and sore, giant boobs! Oh this is so fun :) I'll take it for what comes at the end of it all! 
  • New symptom that started last night: itchy jaw line.

It's super annoying and I can't find anything online about it. Luckily I have my first appointment to verify my pregnancy (pee in a cup for them and that's it really) on Tuesday. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • artcheese said:
    New symptom that started last night: itchy jaw line.

It's super annoying and I can't find anything online about it. Luckily I have my first appointment to verify my pregnancy (pee in a cup for them and that's it really) on Tuesday. 
    Dry skin?

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
    BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
    BFP #3 11/2015, CP
    BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016

• smmatt08smmatt08 member
    edited January 2016
    artcheese said:

Have you developed a sensitivity to your face wash, moisturizer, etc.? I have sensitive skin, lots of stuff makes me itchy/break out in a rash and when it is something on my face the itchiness always starts on my jawline. 

ETA: Your username makes me want cheese!
  • smmatt08 said:
    artcheese said:

Have you developed a sensitivity to your face wash, moisturizer, etc.? I have sensitive skin, lots of stuff makes me itchy/break out in a rash and when it is something on my face the itchiness always starts on my jawline. 

ETA: Your username makes me want cheese!
    This could be a possibility but the fact that it's only on my jaw line makes me think not.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've been sick with a nasty cold the past week so I can't tell what is what. Except I feel really bloaty.
  • Exhausted. Dead to the world by 8pm every night. Sore throat, stuffy nose. 
  • Hm can't figure out how to personalize my name....haha, not a symptom though...or is it? Ive had sore swollen boobs, constipation, heightened sense of smell, some cramping in the last couple weeks, extremely fatigued. Sooo so tired :neutral: 
  • Not much here, just fatigue, sore boobs on an off but they feel bigger...oh and mood swings :/ 
  • Hm can't figure out how to personalize my name....haha, not a symptom though...or is it? Ive had sore swollen boobs, constipation, heightened sense of smell, some cramping in the last couple weeks, extremely fatigued. Sooo so tired :neutral: 
    You can log onto the Knot and change it there

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
    BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
    BFP #3 11/2015, CP
    BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016

• Tired (but that could have something to do with working night shift), sore boobs, nausea is kicking up, did I mention tired??
  • Tired (but that could have something to do with working night shift), sore boobs, nausea is kicking up, did I mention tired??

I work night shift too!

But I'm not working right now. It's 4AM and I woke up from some pretty strong cramping. Google it, and seems normal as long as there is no bleeding, but it sucks. And makes me worried. Just wanted to share in case anyone else has it.

• @OrangeEv cramping is the worst but can be totally normal! 
    I'm a post partum nurse on night shift and we are CRAZY busy right now- I want to know what people were up to 40 weeks ago cause its insane..  what do you do? :)
  • @Knottie1453536874 I am a surgical trauma nurse! My plan is to get into pediatrics or OB. I'm very much looking forward to having you on our BMB. Thanks for the reassurance about the cramping.  Are you planning on customizing your username? You have to log back into the knot to do so, I think. There are just a lot of "Knotties######" and I want to remember who is who.

• @OrangeEv yes I will be changing my name! I'll be sure to re intro when I do :)
  • Ooh it changed automatically!
  • von1976von1976 member
    edited January 2016
    @cbamama641 @OrangeEv

Hi there! I work rotating, and I do a lot of nights because I'm in nursing school (pays more and I can work less), so I'm in the same boat. I'm having a rough time with night shift around 5-7a, I think because I'm no longer having my 1am coffee. I may have to switch my coffee from before work to 1am and see if that helps. I work Neuro ICU, but I want to go into trauma nursing after I graduate.

I'm supposed to graduate December 2016, but with this one coming, I might take next semester off. We haven't decided yet. I really want to finish and get working!

Good to meet you both!

Anniversary

Baby GIRL born 9/16/201

• Spartanrd4Spartanrd4 member
    edited January 2016
    My boobs are sore to the touch and peeing more often...a little constipated. I'm hungry all the time and yesterday I dry heaved a little bit on the way home from work because I was so hungry, I had to get a snack. Anyone so nervous about spotting that you check any time you go to the bathroom? I'm a nervous wreck!