March 2016 Moms
Options

Contractions

I had an appointment with my Dr yesterday and told him about the aches and pains I had been having that day. The did my nst and it showed I was having contractions! They were just uncomfortable not painful and when he checked I was not dialated. I'm just confused because he said it was nothing to worry about. I have had BH for a while but I didn't think they showed up on the nst. So we're they just strong BH or actual contractions that were just kind of irregular? I was hoping someone else had been through something similar and could give some advice. I will be 34 weeks tomorrow so I'm hoping baby boy will stay in for a few more weeks at least.

Re: Contractions

• Options
    I had my NST test earlier today and it was showing that I was having contractions every two minutes or so but I wasn't feeling any pain just a slight tightening. I've been home for about two hours now and just started feeling some cramping in my lower abdomen and back. My plan is to just lay down and chug some water to see if that helps before calling labor and delivery.
  • Options
    it's a slow process and it might just be your body slooooowwwwwly prepping. I wouldn't sweat it. Trust in the wisdom of your body.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Keep those babies cooking girls!
  • Options
    BH would show up on a nst.  If your contractions aren't doing anything (ie dilating you) then you should be fine.  Keep an eye on them though.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you! BH have never shown up on the nst for me before they must be getting a little stronger. I was worried I was going to go into labor soon
  • Options
    I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get to keep that baby cooking until full term!
  • Options
    I've been having a lot of contractions this time around my doctor said it's perfectly normal and very common especially with subsequent pregnancies. it's just your body practicing. Mine are super uncomfortable it even wake me up at night.
  • Options
    I was having the same issue with constant BH then had constant pressure and sharp vaginal pains. By OB checked me yesterday and said I am actually very soft and at 1.5cm and I'm 33.2 weeks. But I have a history of preterm labor and delivery.
  • Options
    I've been having contractions for months and seeing a high risk doctor. As long as you are not dilating there is nothing to worry about. Sometimes I just feel tightening and other times it makes it hard to breathe and makes me feel sick. Don't stress. Drinking lots of water helps a lot. Pay attention to baby. If you notice the contractions are worse and the baby isn't moving much then call your doctor.
  • Options
    I've had non-stop contraction with both my last and this pregnancy, starting about week 20.   Ive been in an out triage a few times when they get to be 4 mins apart for a few hours running.  It's happened several times  and it shows up on the toco monitor - same one used in NST.  I'm not dilated either.  Drs think every thing is normal. 

• Options
    Im a FTM and been cursed with strong BH since 20weeks (now 30wks).

Question for all the STM: does the baby continue to move/kick in real contractions and labour?

Mine doesn't during a BH but then reverts to normal activity after.
  • Options
    Guys I know I'm ridiculous but I actually googled "foot cramp comparable to contractions" after a massive 5 minute foot cramp.
    I'm a STM but never experienced labour because I had an emergency c section. Never experienced contractions, BH were mild and never dialated, even though I was 41+4. I think contractions are gonna kill me if my foot cramps are any indication. Or I'm just going to curse like a sailor haha
  • Options
    I'm a FTM too but I have been told that during contractions you just can't feel the baby move since your uterus is tightened up. The contractions are what help push baby down so there is movement going on. You should be able to feel some movement between contractions though. It always worries me when I've been having BH most the day and haven't felt baby move much but everything has always been great with him
  • Options
    BH bother me so much when at work! I can't just lay down and drink more water with 16 first graders. :neutral: I have broken down and put my feet up and drank more water when it keeps happening.... I feel like the principal or a parent is going to walk in and think Im being lazy or not teaching the kiddos.
  • Options
    I have had contractions what seems like all day today but being at work I can't just lay down and rest. I sit when I can but I'm not able to do that long enough to help. I'm constantly on my feet so that doesn't help. I'm always worried I'm going to think they are BH when they are real! Might call L&D after work if they haven't settled down
  • Options
    Please call your doctor! Drink water and rest!
    BH are not a joke! I am in preterm labor since January 18! In the hospital so please take care your self and your baby! God bless you I'll be praying for you okay.
  • Options
    I just spent a month in the hospital... Doppler on me every few hours, 2-3 20 minute NSTs per day... I only had 3 pains that they said were contractions.. Bh apparently do show up on the nst... Keep a count of them and remember to drink lotssss of water, 8 glasses a day !! Good luck