3rd Trimester

Need insight

I'm 33 +3 an i was 1 cm dilated 2 days ago. I was given a steroid 2 days in a row to help baby's lungs mature. Any idea how much longer I'll stay at 1 cm? And why the drs didn't give me something to stop dilating

Answers

• Um. Yeah, you should ask your OB. They would've told you that they can't really "stop dilation" and that you can technically stay at 1,2,3 centimeters for weeks before the baby actually comes. 

Or, ya know, ask a bunch of random strangers online who may or may not have any idea of what they're talking about. 
    EDD#1 12/5/12 Born 11/21/12 My LB is better than your LB.BrittanyDoesDerby 4 LYFE!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    EDD#2 2.20.16 I love you already! <3

BabyFruit Ticker
    FEB16 Siggy Challenge Fave TV mom
  • Loading the player...
  • Being dialated sounds more exciting than it actually is. You can be that way for quite a while before the baby comes.
    Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married 2010
    TTC: Feb 2014, BFP 7/14/14, CP 7/18/14
    BFP 3/10/15 - DD #1 born 11/19
    TTC #2: Oct 2017, BFP 12/19/17, CP 12/22/17
    BFP 2/20/18 - EDD 10/31/2018
  • Talk to your doctor.
  • Doctors can try to stop contractions, but they can't stop dilation. Most dilation occurs as a result of your contractions, so there is unlikely to be change unless you have contractions. You could stay at 1 cm for weeks, or you could go into labor tomorrow. If they are giving steroids, they are concerned about early labor, so your doctor is obviously concerned. Good luck, hopefully your baby stays cooking for as long as possible!
  • 1cm dilated is really nothing and even your OB can't tell you how long you will stay that way. It could be tomorrow or it could be 2 months. Everyone is different. Is there a reason your OB checked you at 33 weeks?

• I was dialated to a 2 with dd2 for over a month and ended up having to be induced...I wouldn't worry about being at a 1 unless the doctor told you to be.