January 2016 Moms

Twatwaffle Tuesday

Who or what is being a twatwaffle today
Married 2006
DS1 2010
DS2 2013
DD1 2016

Re: Twatwaffle Tuesday

• The Army is a twatwaffle. I'm literally due any second but I have to share my husband with the demands of Uncle Sam, and let me be the first to tell you ol' Sam is hella needy these days for some reason. Like, worse than my big, whiny, super preggo butt could ever hope to be.

*pout*
  • This is a pre-curser for what may come after I make an appointment for LO this morning. So I'll apologize in advance if I get a better outcome than what I am already anticipating on getting today.

We are going on a solid week of HORRIFIC gas pains, irritability and it's breaking my heart to see DS so uncomfortable.  I will lose my every loving sh*t if I bring him to the pediatrician today and they do a quick belly check, (press his stomach in 2-3 times) and tell me "He passed his exam."  They did this on Thursday when I brought him, recommended a new formula and sent me on my way. It's only gotten worse since then. I don't need immediate answers, but hopefully a recommendation other than try another $30-40 can of formula and hope for the best. You tell that to my 6 week old who hasn't pooped without me having to give him prune juice and/or stimulating him with a thermometer only to have him get backed up again within 2 days, and can now barley work out a fart and hasn't slept in 2 days. 

I surprisingly am not that tired, so I know it's not the sleep deprivation typing here. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @teachmegs817 you should flip out! Don't play games with momma and her baby.
    My parents are twatwaffles. I love them but they are twatwaffles. They moved from florida to Maryland to be closer to us. We live in PA. Long story but things didnt work out. They were told they could stay a week. Because, i know this sounds awful but theu aren't very smart and are really obnoxious. They want to move even closer which is great but neither of them drive and won't pay attention when i try to teach them how to use the internet. I had to tell them to knock on my bedroom door. They both feel the need to sit in my bedroom and hang out while i nurse. I'm not shy. But to deliberately hang out during nursing is awkward. My stepdad is so clumsy with the baby. He mumbles constantly despite the fact that his hearing is shot. My mother keeps rearranging my kitchen. They feed my dogs table scraps. My mother is mean to her husband and it makes me want to slap her.They've beem tremendously helpful, i just hate having people in my house for an extended amount of time. And they seem to have plans to stay until they find a place and haven't discussed it with us.
  • Tw to the blood draw tech who stuck me 5 times this morning. I can't tell if it was a positive she woke me from sleep or made it that much worse.
  • DH's brothers and SIL are TW. They haven't even acknowledged the fact they have a nephew now even though DH called, left messages, and sent a text to each of them. Seriously, how hard is it to feign excitement and just respond "congrats" via text.
  • Sleep regression is a major TW. DS was up until 1 am throwing a bloody fit because he was tired... Cry it out only made it worse. Once we finally got him to bed, baby woke up. And she had an early appointment this morning for her 2 week check up. I'm tired.
  • @teachmegs817 If I had gone through that much crap from the pediatrician, I would want a pediatric gastrointestinal consult! Your baby is miserable and they need to be looking at what is going on. There are many things it could be, but they would know best. You are advocating for your son so if you want something done, you tell them! Period!
  • My baby is a TW. She flipped so she is breech. Amniotic fluid is at 9. Last week it was 17. And I had high blood pressure and I have headaches so sitting in L&D being monitored and if the labs don't look good to my OB, we are having a c-section today. If the labs are good, we go home and Monday or Tuesday we will do a c-section. I don't want a c-section.
  • Today's TW goes to the pediatrian offices nurse who made fun of my sons grunts. Leave him alone he's cute :)
    Sadly she is my favorite nurse
  • My doula. She means well. I know she does. But I feel like she is now overstepping her "supportive" role and taking on too much of an advisory role. Nagging me about groceries, and labour drinks, and rebozo, and doing everything possible to avoid induction, and walking every day, and following up on whether I'm doing what she says... Just leave me alone!! She's worse than my mother. I am her 2nd client ever and she's never had kids of her own so I don't feel she actually has the experience to be telling me what to do. This is not her job.
  • Poop is a TW. I haven't pooped since Wednesday and that, combined with all the swelling/pain from my section, is killing me. Baby had a weight check this morning with our family doctor, and I asked him about my issues. Guess who's getting an enema this afternoon. I can hardly contain my excitement...

SPNG Tags Sam  Dean  Cas  Photoshop  WTF  Dancing  Funny  or disturbingLooking for a particular Supernatural reaction gif This blog organizes them so you dont have to spend hours hunting them down

DS1 01/08/03 DD1 08/11/04 DD2 10/06/08 DS2 09/30/14

SURPRISE!  Hannah May born 01/22/16

AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers

• l4rk said:
    My doula. She means well. I know she does. But I feel like she is now overstepping her "supportive" role and taking on too much of an advisory role. Nagging me about groceries, and labour drinks, and rebozo, and doing everything possible to avoid induction, and walking every day, and following up on whether I'm doing what she says... Just leave me alone!! She's worse than my mother. I am her 2nd client ever and she's never had kids of her own so I don't feel she actually has the experience to be telling me what to do. This is not her job.

I agree with you. She is supposed to support, not tell you what to do. To me, it sounds like she is trying to actually play doctor or midwife.

• l4rk said:

My doula. She means well. I know she does. But I feel like she is now overstepping her "supportive" role and taking on too much of an advisory role. Nagging me about groceries, and labour drinks, and rebozo, and doing everything possible to avoid induction, and walking every day, and following up on whether I'm doing what she says... Just leave me alone!! She's worse than my mother. I am her 2nd client ever and she's never had kids of her own so I don't feel she actually has the experience to be telling me what to do. This is not her job.

I agree with you. She is supposed to support, not tell you what to do. To me, it sounds like she is trying to actually play doctor or midwife.

Thank you!! I needed to hear that. :)
  • Managed to make it thru 41 weeks with only a handful of rude comments til today. Went to Target to stock up on diapers ($20 gift card when you buy 3!) and this older lady comes up to me
    TW: When are you due?
    Me: Last week"
    TW: well my granddaughter is due Feb 15th. You're big. Much bigger than her.
    Me: Yup
    TW: I mean you're huge. She had her baby shower last week and everyone told her how small she was, she barely looks pregnant
    Me: Hmm. (At this point, not making eye contact and looking thru the clearance rack absent-mindedly, giving all signal that I'm not trying to have a convo right now)
    My mom, trying to distract lady from staring at me: She's going to be induced tomorrow, it's going to be my first grandchild, I'm so excited!
    TW: My granddaughter is already at 5.5cm. She went in for contractions last week but it wasn't time yet. Her body is totally prepared for baby... but yeah. You're pretty big. Much bigger than my granddaughter. I mean really, your stomach is all around larger.

My mom tried to change subjects a couple times to weather and grandchildren but the lady got off one more "you're a big girl" comment at me before finally walking away (mind you, this whole time she's standing there with her cart pointed at me, staring me down and not moving).
  • @ccoleeman I would have lost it. Either that or definitely started crying. I almost started crying on my way into work the other night. I am a L&D nurse and worked all weekend. Every single one of the patients I took care of and was their delivery nurse, all of them had due dates before mine. It was almost painful. Luckily they have all been wonderful and weren't rude, but its still just like oh here you are to have your baby and I'm still trucking along being pregnant forever. 
  • Wisdom did not come with age to this lady
  • MommyduclosMommyduclos member
    edited January 2016
    My mom is a TW she came over 2 days after we got home from the hospital and tried to pick a fight with me (insulting my in laws) and I had to practically beg her to just drop the conversation, then she gets mad because "I got upset with her" completely disrespected me to my DH and left my poor hormonal self a complete basket case after she left and now she's going off on some tangent that I need to accept responsibility for "my part in things" and apologize to her because she's hurting. OMG! Go away. Oh and she told me to apologize to my DH but to make sure I "acknowledged my responsibility" oh yes let me get on that- darling my mom is so sorry she was a complete a** but it truly was all my fault anyways. She has mental health issues so I really try to be gentle but seriously. *headdesk*
  • Today's TW goes to Medicaid/my OB office
    I'm unemployed which makes it pretty impossible to get health insurance and pay for it.
    Went to my OB appointment and I probably won't be able to see her anymore beause They only accept Medicaid pts for 6 weeks after delivery. I love my doctor- when she told me this i cried. Seriously (of course it was 10mins after she asked me if i felt depressed- my response no-- then I cried)
    I'm so heartbroken :(
  • My 22 month old is a tw he's obsessed with plugs and cord and wont stop taking plugs out of sockets and putting them back in no matter how much i get on him about it or spank him! Idk what to do any more im seriously contemplating on taping his hands together! And he does at anyones house
  • kayelah23 said:

My 22 month old is a tw he's obsessed with plugs and cord and wont stop taking plugs out of sockets and putting them back in no matter how much i get on him about it or spank him! Idk what to do any more im seriously contemplating on taping his hands together! And he does at anyones house

I feel your pain... today, my insanely tall 13 month old is obsessed with closet doors. You know, the junk closets filled with everything that should be kept away from a toddler. He's pinched his fingers twice today and keeps on doing it. He's driving me nuts.

Yesterday, it was plugs and outlets.
  • kayelah23kayelah23 member
    edited January 2016
    @BarrettJ89 Its been this way for a couple months now. But now that i have a new born i cant just jump up or keep my attention on him constantly! And now that the baby is here he thinks im invisible:( i have to tell myself hes just a toddler this will pass they all go through this stage.
  • @kayelah23 my toddler is up my butt! He won't leave me alone, unless of course it is to go get into the junk closets or anything that might get me to jump up and run to save him from catastrophe... if I set the baby down, he is all about throwing things at her (I think he's trying to share?) or smacking her. I feel like I can't win today.
  • My friend who came to see the baby for the first time ..... "Omg babies are so cute!! Look at her tiny fingers! OMG how can people not like babies.. Like no one likes babies, I don't get it they're so cute" *proceeds to google "why don't people like babies".... And then talks about it for 15 minutes* like yes I carried this child for 9 months and went through immense pain and still have pain just to hear your opinion on other people's opinions of babies.
    Thanks?.
  • Forgive me for sounding like a whiny bitch:
    My friends are TWs all three of them.
    1. This one is supposed to be my best friend. I've literally talked to her once since October. She went to law school and decided I'm not good enough- I say this bc she literally talks to everyone else publicly on Facebook besides me. She didnt even bother coming to my baby shower, and when she came over to meet my son she stayed for 10mins and left.
    2. This one only talks to me when she needs something. She keeps saying she's coming over to visit with my baby. So I wake up early and get dressed and she never shows then gets mad at me when I give her the cold shoulder.
    3. Is so wrapped up in her boyfriend that she doesn't even bother talking to me.. She hasn't even acknowledged the fact I have a baby. I helped her ALOT when she had her son and she can't return the favor..

I need new friends :-/ I'm awesome I don't see why people don't like me.
  • My baby is a TW. She flipped so she is breech. Amniotic fluid is at 9. Last week it was 17. And I had high blood pressure and I have headaches so sitting in L&D being monitored and if the labs don't look good to my OB, we are having a c-section today. If the labs are good, we go home and Monday or Tuesday we will do a c-section. I don't want a c-section.
    @PedsIsHardcore Did they end up doing the c-section?
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
    @PedsIsHardcore Did they end up doing the c-section?

@claireloSCNope! Everything was good for labs, no Pre-E or anything, however things went sour with the hospital. I got into an argument with the L&D charge nurse. She wasn't listening to me so I ended up filing a complaint with the hospital. They are trying to side with her, even though they aren't listening to me either. We got into an argument over when full term is. ACOG says full term is 39 week to 40 weeks. They are trying to argue about "term" for pregnancy period. It's not an argument to have, I said full term and she assumed I was talking about just "term". I told them all off. I will continue to tell them off any time and I also told them I don't trust their nurses because of it. So if anyone upsets me, I will fire them.
    Went to my NST today and failed it. So I went for monitoring in L&D. I had a nurse that was actually good and had her crap together. Baby is head down and has a little extra amniotic fluid. Hopefully she stays head down and doesn't flip back to breech!
  • @PedsIsHardcore Congrats on baby not being breech anymore! That's great!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020