June 2016 Moms
Options

Tuesday Check-In

How far along are you?

Rant/Rave/Symptoms?

What are you doing to prepare for baby?

Questions?

GTKY: Today's GTKY is inspired by my dr. appointment yesterday...I want you to attention whore yourself today! Share something (anything) that you want to brag about.

Re: Tuesday Check-In

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @DeePaddy24 I am also starting to have trouble sleeping and am much more uncomfortable these days. Rolling over is becoming a bit more difficult and nothing seems to be comfortable. Boo! Have fun with your gender reveal!!

@Grapes13 I live in Minnesota, so our winters seem to be never ending some years. I am more than ready for spring to come, but am embracing the mild winter we've had so far. And yay for going back to work!!
  • Options
    @penelope5804: To answer your question, my showers that have been offered are for mid to late April and I'm due late June, if that helps.

@katiecat08: Have you offered to buy her baby stuff?
  • Options

No I haven't just because I figured she would at least remember to ask me or mention it to me first. But then again she does have six kids so maybe its slipped her mind.

Sure, it would have been nice of her to think of you, but I surely wouldn't think she's obligated to do so. And, like you said, I can imagine 6 kids would take the majority of her focus! If I were you, I'd shoot her a message to offer to purchase her baby things if you want them, and see what she says. It's entirely possible she didn't know you were interested.
  • Options
    MsBeachNJMsBeachNJ member
    edited January 2016
    @penelope5804 It depends when you're comfortable having one... I'm waiting till late (my mom is hosting it & asked my opinion on dates), mainly because I want an outside shower & I want to ensure that the weather cooperates so mine will be late May (due June 24). 

@crdo thats awesome that you've made so much progress on the kitchen! Yay for a wonderful hard working husband!

@candicek15 hope you're hanging in there on bed rest! Sounds like you've got a great attitude! 

*edited to clarify that I"m not having my own shower thats just the date I gave my Mom! 
    TTM - EDD 4/23 - Team Green <3 
  • Options
    @penelope5804 My mom is throwing me one in my hometown in late February (I'm due early June). She's doing it this early because my husband is super paranoid and won't let me travel after that date. I have a very good friend where I live now that is hosting one for me here so all my friends don't have to travel and she said she was thinking last week of April or first week of May. So I think either way works - depends on what you need and/or what you're comfortable with.
  • Options
    mkemommy said:

@Huskerfanz - Where did you find the dresser?  I'm on the hunt for one too to paint/decorate.

A local furniture b/s/t site on FB.  It was the first post I saw after I joined!  I was beginning to get frustrated as I couldn't find one. 
    DS 9/2/13 was a BFP from an IUI!
    Triplets due 6/29/16 also from an IUI!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @mkemommy That's a good perspective. I haven't gained any weight until now so I'm trying not to stress. @crdo I am ramping up my activity level. Really should go to the gym, but I hit 10k steps yesterday which is something!

@Huskerfanz love that! I was too lazy to refinish so I spent more to get an okay looking piece that would could redo later if necessary. wish I'd had more ambition like you!
  • Options
    @crdo Thanks......that sounds nice an outside shower
  • Options
    That looks nice @hockeyfan42 !
    DS 9/2/13 was a BFP from an IUI!
    Triplets due 6/29/16 also from an IUI!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @MsBeachNJ: Thanks! Love you announcement photo!

@GinnyJ2012: Love the reveal!

@mkemommy: Gah...neverending, right? My arms will fall of from the endless mopping. How's your reno going?

@catherinekate: 10k steps? High 5, lady! And I like @mkemommy's perspective, too.

@hockeyfan42: Thanks! Maybe I'll be able to post completed kitchen pics by June...lol Um, 1800?! Dollars?! That's hilarious. Your DIY looks great!
  • Options
    mkemommymkemommy member
    edited January 2016
    @crdo - Its going...not well, but going.  Our plumber flaked out on us and trying to get a new one has been like pulling teeth.  We finally got a quote from one last night.  Its about double from what our original plumber was going to charge (which wasn't cheap to begin with) but it may be our only option.  Apparently plumbers are really busy right now?!?  I don't even care at this point.  I want the bathroom done before the baby gets here and, at the rate we are going....
  • Options
    mkemommy said:

@crdo - Its going...not well, but going.  Our plumber flaked out on us and trying to get a new one has been like pulling teeth.  We finally got a quote from one last night.  Its about double from what our original plumber was going to charge (which wasn't cheap to begin with) but it may be our only option.  Apparently plumbers are really busy right now?!?  I don't even care at this point.  I want the bathroom done before the baby gets here and, at the rate we are going....

Ugh. Sorry to hear. Where are those magical HGTV/DIY network makeover people when you need them?

I'm sure you've looked at all your options, but we've had pretty good luck with all but 1 service we hired via Angie's List, if you still want to look for other plumbers that may be available and/or less costly.
  • Options
    crdo said:
    Ok, I have one more AW for today's GTKY--can't help it. Just felt my baby kick for the first time!!! I just happened to lay my hand on my belly, then immediately felt a little boop! directly on my fingers! You guys, my heart is racing and I'm a little teary. I need to get a grip, but I can't.
    This made me smile so hard!  So happy for you!!!  I've only felt one solid kick at nearly 21 weeks (anterior placenta) and I can't wait for more regular movement.  
  • Options
    How far along are you? 20 weeks and 6 days!

Rant/Rave/Symptoms? I woke up at 3am and was tossing and turning until 6:00 unable to fall back asleep and then I woke up at 7:30....Damn you insomnia :angry:

What are you doing to prepare for baby? Trying to decide if she will sleep in a pack and play or bassinet in our room... I'm trying to figure out what is safer etc. I'm very indecisive lol.

GTKY: Today's GTKY is inspired by my dr. appointment yesterday...I want you to attention whore yourself today! Share something (anything) that you want to brag about. I'm so proud of myself for getting to the gym and working out three times since Saturday..lol!
    Daisypath - nBGk

Lilypie - GQnA

• Options
    mkemommy said:

crdo said:

Ok, I have one more AW for today's GTKY--can't help it.

Just felt my baby kick for the first time!!! I just happened to lay my hand on my belly, then immediately felt a little boop! directly on my fingers! You guys, my heart is racing and I'm a little teary. I need to get a grip, but I can't.

This made me smile so hard!  So happy for you!!!  I've only felt one solid kick at nearly 21 weeks (anterior placenta) and I can't wait for more regular movement.  

:) Thank you!! Pretty incredible feeling, huh? I hope you get to feel more movement from baby soon!!
  • Options
    crdo said:
    Ok, I have one more AW for today's GTKY--can't help it. Just felt my baby kick for the first time!!! I just happened to lay my hand on my belly, then immediately felt a little boop! directly on my fingers! You guys, my heart is racing and I'm a little teary. I need to get a grip, but I can't.
    Such an amazing feeling @crdo!! Yay! I have been feeling the flutters pretty frequently now, and a few jabs here and there. Can't wait until both H and I can feel it from the outside! What an awesome way to start the day, congrats lady ;)
  • Options

crdo said:

Ok, I have one more AW for today's GTKY--can't help it.

Just felt my baby kick for the first time!!! I just happened to lay my hand on my belly, then immediately felt a little boop! directly on my fingers! You guys, my heart is racing and I'm a little teary. I need to get a grip, but I can't.

Such an amazing feeling @crdo!! Yay! I have been feeling the flutters pretty frequently now, and a few jabs here and there. Can't wait until both H and I can feel it from the outside! What an awesome way to start the day, congrats lady ;)

That's great! Hope you and your H feel baby from the outside soon, too!

Thanks :) I can count the flutters I've felt on one hand, so to suddenly feel a kick was pretty dang special. Can't wait for H to feel it too. We have our A/S Monday morning, so it'll be good to see baby together at least.
  • Options
    @Kballew10 shoveling is great cardio! I was all set to do my mom's driveway, but my brother beat me to it. Get on with your bad self! :):)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker