February 2016 Moms

Monday ticker change

Weeks/fruit:

Symptoms/Cravings:

Rants/Raves:

Next doctors appointment:

GTKY: What are you doing to pass the time?

Re: Monday ticker change

• Weeks/fruit: 39!

Symptoms/Cravings: Tired, lower back pain, sore belly, minor cramping, BH, feel like my stomach and skin cant possibly get any bigger, no particular cravings.

Rants/Raves: Raves-DH helped me clean the house yesterday and it makes me happy to have a clean house. He also replaced our upstairs toilet, took DD sledding, and washed/put away all the dishes last night without me having to ask. It was a productive weekend! Hopefully the house stays clean for the most part for when baby comes. Rant-my step father will be the main person taking care of DD while we're at the hospital (my mom will help when shes not working) I got really upset over the weekend because they told me he would just stay at our house the entire time were gone. I felt bad because I told them whatever is easiest for them is fine with me but I dont think I thought that through enough because I'd be coming home from the hospital with a new baby to a house that's a bit out of sorts, not the way I left it and probably needing a cleaning again. Thats the last thing I wanted to have to worry about right now. Luckily, they must have changed their minds or sensed I was a bit unsure because they said they'd only stay here if DD is sleeping when I have to leave for the hospital otherwise they will take her to their house. Whew! Also, step father made a comment to DH about being a step parent is the hardest job as a parent, along with a few other statements that makes me feel like he'd rather not be the one taking care of DD while I'm at the hospital. I'm trying not to read to much into it but it's been on my mind since I heard about his comments. Ugh!

Next doctors appointment: this Wednesday and then the last one I have scheduled is on my due date Monday! I delivered DD at 39w4d so we'll see!

GTKY: What are you doing to pass the time? Cleaning, laundry, washing all the linens, relaxing and snuggling with DD, taking DD to do activities with DH, obsessing over everything it seems.

• Weeks/fruit: 38weeks today! (Pumpkin)

Symptoms/Cravings: no symptoms or cravings

Rants/Raves:no rants. Raves: we're all excited and just waiting for when he's ready to arrive. My husband cleaned out the master loft (gym was there) and built the crib. So I'm happy that was done.

Next doctors appointment: I have an afternoon apt tomorrow. Not expecting much since I have a strong feeling he will arrive past EDD, ob thinks so as well. But hoping my cervix isn't so high. I'm 1cm now.

GTKY: What are you doing to pass the time? Honestly my kids pass my time. I have a 6 year son in first grade (7 in Feb) so with his school and homework etc we are busy. Plus we are getting ready for baseball season for him so we are doing lots of after school catching/hitting. My two daughters 4 (5 in March) and 3 keep me busy as well. My eldest wants to do soccer so I'm getting her registered as well. Plus planning birthday parties in February. February is going to be a busy month. Luckily I chose not to do school this semester so I can focus everything on the baby and my older children.
  • Loading the player...

• Weeks/fruit: 35 weeks, coconut

Symptoms/Cravings: no cravings at all, symptoms are mainly not sleeping longer than an hour at a time! Waking every hour all night, fun!

Rants: caught a chesty bug so doing a lot of coughing :-( makes stomach muscles hurt!

Raves: have one lesson left to teach! Then I will be working out of class til go on maternity leave.

Next doctors appointment: midwife next Tuesday for 36 week check up

Working mainly during the week and going to bed early! Had ante natal classes with DH for the past two weekends which has kept is really busy
  • Weeks/fruit: 36, romaine lettuce (who comes up with these things?)

Symptoms/Cravings: everything hurts, some nausea

Rants: just ready to be done with work. I'm still hurting from catching a falling patient by myself 2wks ago, got hit 3 times by a combative pt last week. I'm over this.

Raves: I'm giving it until the end of this week, and then I'm handing in my FMLA/LOA papers. Peace out, work. See you in June.

Next doctors appointment: see the MW Wednesday. Had a growth scan today. On the plus side, her AFI looks good (I honestly expected them to tell me I needed to delivery today d/t severely low fluid, since that's what happened with DD). Bad news is that she's breech, and her head is measuring 40+wks. Even if she does turn around, maybe this whole VBAC thing isn't looking so enticing after all!

GTKY: What are you doing to pass the time? Working, ugh. And chasing my toddler. Next week, I plan to try and whip this house into shape.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Weeks: 39. My last ticker change before baby comes!!

Symptoms//Cravings: my belly is huge and I'm just sore all over. Swelling, out of breath all the time...pretty much really ready to have this baby.
    I'm craving sweets still!

Rant: just read my symptoms. Haha.
    Rave: this weekend was super productive! Nursery is fully ready, house is clean, lots of stuff got taken to the thrift store, all that kind of stuff. Still have to pack a hospital bag though.

Next appt: in about an hour and a half, I have my last prenatal checkup! Then Friday is baby day!

Passing the time: Doing schoolwork, hanging out on FB, playing with my son, doing last minute baby stuff.
    Married 8.5.12
    Caleb born 10.9.13
    2.0 due 2.1.16

• Weeks/fruit: 37 winter melon

Symptoms/Cravings: all the normal symptoms of uncomfort. In craving Girl Scout cookies and it's good my kids sells them well maybe not but I have a direct connection.

Rants/Raves: My oldest DD has bronchitis and I'm terrified that my littlest will get it soon. I really can't handle it and well I'm an emotional mess. Raves: my grandparents celebrated their 70th anniversary and it was beautiful!!!

Next doctors appointment: Thursday.

GTKY: What are you doing to pass the time? I was nesting however I have noticed my body slowing down and I find myself napping and eating then napping again. I feel kind of useless because I don't have the desire to do anything right now but I am sure it will change in the next week or so when baby comes that is what happened with my last two.
  • Weeks/fruit:  37 weeks/ winter melon

Symptoms/Cravings:
    symptoms: backache, hips aching, minor cramping & contractions, tired, dizzy, short of breath, zero energy
    cravings: major sweet craving - cookies/cake/brownies

Rants/Raves: 
    rants: I am so sick of my anemia.  Not to mention, when I tell the doctor that I need more iron, they blow it off as i am "just pregnant" only to then freak out when they get my blood work in which proves my iron was way low! ugh
    rave: I couldn't possibly do this without my husband and sister's helping me with our 2 yr old.  I have an amazing support team!

Next doctors appointment: I had an unscheduled one today (read my rant) due to my way low iron level.  The next one and technically last is Thursday.  The next week is my pre-op! Eeek!

keeping up with a two year old is about all I need to do! lol
    Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker 
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Weeks/fruit: 38 Weeks - pumpkin

Symptoms/Cravings: anything and everything. Burger, milky way, noodles, chinese food!!! i need to go to a buffet....

Rants: SO SICK OF WORK! it's the last thing on my mind. My COs know i'm leaving any day now, yet they haven't taken the initiative to ask questions. I've made them power points, binders, etc. for information they need for when i'm gone. I'm not planning on having my phone on me 24/7 for them to call or email me so ... tough luck guys. 

Raves: It's getting closer!!! i'm getting impatient though... so let's get a move on baby cole! 

Next doctors appointment: Friday! i had my growth check ultrasound yesterday but haven't heard back from the dr. yet. Hoping i will before Friday.. we shall see. (Btw, Baby Cole is a healthy estimated 8lbs right now :smile: 
    )

GTKY: What are you doing to pass the time? Working, reading, cleaning (although i've cleaned every inch of my house so there's really nothing left so i end up standing around in my kitchen looking around for something to do.)