July 2015 Moms
Options

Any moms considering..

I was wondering if there were Any mamas considering raising their babies on a vegan or vegetarian lifestyle!?

Re: Any moms considering..

• Options
    Lurker here. Hardly ever post. But yes I am. We will be raising our son vegetarian. I'm hoping to give breastmilk through 24 months for the fat rather than nut milks. Other than that we will avoid dairy and do no meat /fish but we are planning to give him eggs .
  • Options
    mhaack92 said:

Lurker here. Hardly ever post. But yes I am. We will be raising our son vegetarian. I'm hoping to give breastmilk through 24 months for the fat rather than nut milks. Other than that we will avoid dairy and do no meat /fish but we are planning to give him eggs .

Thanks for answering! I was also considering it but I wanted to know if there were any other moms and their inputs! I hope everything works out and good luck mama! :smile:
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We will probably do pescetarian. I was pretty much raised vegetarian and I loved it, and then I became a pescetarian. I can't really digest meat and it seems our daughter might be that way too.
  • Options
    I'm vegetarian. I have been for 23 years (my idea when I was 4 y/o)

I'd like to raise my son vegetarian but my husband is a carnivore.
    I told him if he wants him to have meat he has to prepare it because I have no idea what I'm doing and I can't taste anything.
  • Options
    I was just talking to my  fiance' about this last night.  I've been a vegetarian for 27 years (wow).  Started at 17.  I eat dairy, but that's it.

I want LO to make her own decisions, but until then I just don't know what to do.  Fiance' eats mostly chicken.  We've kind of decided that we would give her chicken, but that's it.  I'm still not 100% cool about that, but I'm not sure how else to handle it.

I have been making her food so far, and am not sure how comfortable I will be with cooking and pureeing chicken.  I really don't want to buy the store-bought stuff.  Will be following this thread to see what others are doing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My husband and I are vegetarians so our little one will be the same, ibcook and purée all my little one meals it's a task but for me to know exactly what he is eating, I decided to do that. Lentil and split pea are a good source of protein for little.