1st Trimester

Rosemary Oil

Hello!

I was feeling sore today so I started a bath and remembered we have a lot of essential oils in our cabinet. I looked up which oils to use for back and muscle pain and saw that lavender, rosemary, eucalyptus and peppermint were all good for this use. I didn't think to look up the safety of these oils and put a few drops of each in my bath. Once I got in, I had the thought and researched that ROSEMARY was definitely not safe to use while pregnant.. I am slightly paranoid now but could someone tell me if they have made this mistake before? I don't want to over worry.. definitely won't be using oils now. Not worth the risk! 

Re: Rosemary Oil

• I'm sure a couple drops wont do any harm, however i wouldn't do it again & i would also stay away from hot baths during 1st Tri especially. it can be dangerous to the baby to raise your body temp for an extended period of time.
    i stayed away from baths in 1st Tri & started taking them again in 2nd Tri, but was very careful not to make the water too hot & to get out right away if i started feeling too hot.