August 2016 Moms

Fit Mom Checkin 1/25

Haven't seen one of these in awhile, my last board they kept me accountable til the end and even after!

How have your workouts been going?

What have you been doing to stay active?

Any major changes in how you workout/intensity?

GTKY:  What is your workout gear splurge?

Re: Fit Mom Checkin 1/25

• How have your workouts been going?  When I can get them in they're great.  I ran only twice last week and did some pretty intense stairs one other day.  I wish I could be more consistent, and hoping to get there soon!

What have you been doing to stay active?  Stairs and running, trying to walk as much as I can.  Also chasing a toddler...

Any major changes in how you workout/intensity? Not yet.

GTKY:  What is your workout gear splurge?  I buy good shoes!  I find what works best for me and don't look at the price tag.  Good shoes are so important!  I also spend a little extra on sports bras but not more than $30-$40...
  • How have your workouts been going? Pretty good I guess. Maybe not quite as intense but still working out 5x/week

What have you been doing to stay active? I joined ClassPass recently and that has been awesome for my workout ADD. I'm totally in love with reformer pilates now.

Any major changes in how you workout/intensity? Just trying new classes b/c of ClassPass. But, still trying to run a few times a week.

GTKY:  What is your workout gear splurge? Shoes and a cute outfit from Lulu every now and then. I always want to workout more if my clothes are cute. Keeps me motivated!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I have just now felt well enough to get back into the gym. I worked out harder than I have in weeks today, so I am hoping that I have turned a corner. I have just been doing cardio, but will start classes again once I feel strong enough. Bikini season is coming. Lol, JK.

I splurge on Nike workout gear. You can't see my underwear through it, so it's worth it.
  • I don't know if I belong here since I only work out twice a week, but I'm more committed now than I ever have been before, so I'm trying to keep up that momentum.

Good! I had signed up for a barre class shortly before finding out I was pg. At first I was scared to work too hard since we've had two losses and I'm ultra paranoid this time around, but I can feel myself getting stronger and I've recently decided I'm comfortable enough to start pushing myself more than I had been. I'm hoping to keep this up throughout. Every time I see a very pregnant woman in my class I'm inspired and I think she looks so badass. I'm hoping to be that badass 6 months from now.

Barre twice a week. I also need to walk my poor dogs more.

As I mentioned above, I've just recently started to feel comfortable upping the intensity and I hope I can continue to push myself as I get bigger.

GTKY: What is your workout gear splurge?
    I just hit up the lulu outlet this weekend and got myself two pairs of pants and a scuba hoodie. The pants feel stretchy enough to grow with me and I can leave the hoodie unzipped once I get really big. Like @LWC1112 I feel more motivated when I think I look cute!
    BFP #1 10/6/11 | EDD 6/15/12 | MMC 11/7/11 @ 8w3d | D&C 11/14/11

BFP #2 8/22/12 | EDD 5/5/13 | DS1 born 5/9/13

BFP #3 4/25/15 | EDD 1/7/16 | MMC 7/2/15 @ 13w1d | D&E 7/8/15

BFP #4 12/9/15 | EDD 8/22/16 | DS2 born 5/18/16 at 26w2d

Just keep swimming.
  • How have your workouts been going? Been going well, I am queasy most of the day so it is a struggle for me to do them because my heart isn't in it but I still manage to workout 3 days a week for an hour so I feel good about that.

What have you been doing to stay active? I do Bar Method at a studio which I have been going to for the last year.

Any major changes in how you workout/intensity? I don't do any of the modifications just yet but I listen to my body and don't push it too hard when I get tired in a move etc.

GTKY:  What is your workout gear splurge? Nothing yet, but I anticipate getting a few new sports bras since mine are feeling a little snug.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @bananers --of course you belong!!

• How have your workouts been going? I've just started back up now that I'm not super sick all of the time. They're going ok.. I've lost a lot of strength so I'm having to improvise!

What have you been doing to stay active? Weight lifting

Any major changes in how you workout/intensity? I'm still a little nervous to fully push myself so I've dropped the intensity a lot. Plus I've lost a lot of strength so I'm doing much lighter weights. However I figure as long as I'm doing something, I'm good!!

GTKY: What is your workout gear splurge? Tj maxx has really cute clothes so not really splurging.. But when I have more than enough workout clothes and buy more I count it as a splurge haha
  • How have your workouts been going? So far so good, I workout about 5-6 days a week for 20-30 minutes at a day. I take more breaks and drink a lot more water than I used to also. 

What have you been doing to stay active?As i mentioned before, I started doing PIYo (combination Pilates, Yoga, Cardio) at the beginning of January and it has been going well.  I really like it. I actually weighed myself today and lost 3 lbs since I started.  Granted I think part of that is because I was extremely bloated ( the bloat/water weight FINALLY went down) and have been somewhat nauseous so I haven't been eating as well.  I guess I'll take it because I know soon enough I'll be gaining it all back!

Any major changes in how you workout/intensity? Stopped doing high intensity workouts, I just could not get through them and picked up PIYo.  

GTKY:  What is your workout gear splurge? I haven't bought much in a while, but I do need to splurge and buy a couple nice sports bras since my boobs are getting bigger!! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had to cancel my Boston marathon reservations today. Just not practical to drop that much cash when I can't truly run. Sad. But there will be other years to go.

Splurge: I rep a local apparel company called inknburn.com and though the stuff is exoensive, it's gorgeous and well made. Fits amazing too. But mostly I love that it's colorful and unique.
  • How have your workouts been going? Eh not bad. I had some spotting Friday morning and my doctor suggested it could have been because I pushed myself too hard on Thursday. I ran 6 miles on Thursday and it felt awesome for the first time in a long time, so maybe she's right. And despite what my mother says, it has NOTHING to do with CrossFit. 

What have you been doing to stay active? CrossFit 2-3 times/week, volleyball 2 times/week, and running about 10 miles/week. 

Any major changes in how you workout/intensity? I might ease up on the running. I was working sprints back in to my routine, so I might just slow down a bit. CrossFit and volleyball are still going great, except for a few days when I felt woozy going in so I walked through my workouts. 

GTKY:  What is your workout gear splurge? Definitely shoes!! I have super flat feet so I need good supportive shoes for my runs, especially if I'm training for something. I'm not into the cute work out gear otherwise. I'm just going to be a sweaty mess 15 minutes in anyway, no reason to fake it! 
    Married 6/20/2015
    Mirena removed 7/6/2015
    TTC#1 July 2015
    BFP 12/4/2015
    Sam born 8/4/2016

• @lalalorelai I know a woman that had her second baby yesterday. She was an active crossfitter through both her pregnancies and had the easiest births. I do believe she modified a lot but she was really active. She was in and out of the hospital yesterday and home with the new baby in less than 24 hours. I think she said she was in labor for less than 8. She's my inspiration to keep working out while I can!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • How have your workouts been going? I finally started back this week and i feel great while working out but terrible the day after.

What have you been doing to stay active? Elliptical and bike for cardio, and doing some weight lifting.

Any major changes in how you workout/intensity? I had to be off exercise for a while after I had a corpus luteum cyst rupture. After a month off I've started back a lower intensity and it's crazy how much you can lose taking a short time off.

GTKY: What is your workout gear splurge? I bought new Brooks running shoes :) I'll also need some new bras soon as my other ones are getting way too tight!
    Expecting baby #1 August 2016 
    Already have three furbabies- Blake, Sydney, and Chester 

• Ugh. I'm trying so hard. Before pregnancy I was running 9 miles a week. I've been trying to at least use the elliptical but this week I felt better so tried running. I ended up leaking so guess my bladder won't agree. Back to the elliptical I go. Trying to just get back some of what I lost those weeks I had ms.

I miss running.

No splurges here but my workout gear is starting to look funny.
  • I miss running too. I haven't had a workout high in a while. I can't wait to get that back.

• How have your workouts been going?
    Good, would be better without all the snow. My town got almost 30 inches so it makes you want to stay inside! I've been pretty consistently going to the gym at least 3 x a week.

Mostly the elliptical twice weekly with a spin class once each week.

Eliminated running and hot yoga bc my heart rate skyrockets too much. Haven't done yoga since my pregnancy started bc someone told me the core stuff wasn't good for the baby but hoping to find a prenatal class in my area. Also sticking to just one spin class a week.

Definitely sneakers. Some might say my collection borders on addiction. I also love lululemon but more for loungewear than the gym! Usually do under armour pants and a t shirt for my workouts.

BabyFruit Ticker
    Great! Seem to get a little more tired than I used to.

BodyPump, Zumba, Cycling, Walking (not a runner), & Weight Lifting

I stopped doing any workouts that required me to lay on my back. OB told me that I shouldn't do any workouts that require me to lay on my back to long. 1st time I had ever heard this.

None really as of yet. When I start to show then I am gonna start getting some cute tops!
  • How have your workouts been going? Playing hockey has been about the only thing that gets rid of my persistent nausea, so that has been great.

Hockey, long walks, tried snowshoeing (awesome).

Just slowing down a bit due to fatigue. The hockey season is almost over, so hopefully I cam finish it out with my OB's blessing. Then I'll start prenatal yoga.

I love shoes, but it drives my husband crazy that I have so many, so I try to keep it reasonable.

They are going pretty well...I haven't skipped even when I wanted to...still managing 5x per week
    Just doing less weight and more reps, would like to do some classes but not thrilled with the variety my gym offers!

Lifting weights, I use an app called "full fitness" where you can log what you so and create your own workouts!!

Not too bad, was lifting pretty heavy before which I kind of miss :neutral:

Nike!! And shoes...nike shoes :smiley:
    Pretty good, been stepping up the frequency now that my personal trainer is back from vaca, and I'm making it a point to get active on my own.

Trainer 2x per week for 25 minutes, mostly machines, squats, and light lifting. Been doing the bike on Sunday's (30 1st week, 45 2nd week, hour this past week) and some planks to strengthen core. Plus trying to use the treadmill desk at work for an hour at least 2 days per week.

I didn't not work out this much prior to pregnancy, but think this is a routine that I can deal with. My trainer has lessened the intensity of our sessions and focused mainly on machines va before, and less hard cardio.

Just bought a pair of workout pants at Macy's, I'm loving workout pants with wide waste bands... Think they are going to be my pregnancy must-haves for gym and non gym weekends!

Also just saw a really cute Nike pink baby's clothing set (includes booties) and we are def going to scoop it up, especially since we found out it's a girl today!
  • Great Post!!

Slow!  I still make myself go (5+ times per week for an hour) but my energy is just so depleted.  I haven't been able to do my regular classes so I don't push too hard.  If I'm really tired I will just hop on the bike or walk on an incline.  As long as I sweat, I'm happy.

Gym!  I live in Vancouver and its rainy season so my options are limited.  I'm a fair weather runner so by the time the sun comes out I am not sure if I will pick it up this year.  I'm just over 10 weeks pregnant.

Just intensity.

GTKY:  What is your workout gear splurge?

Like Huskymama, I wear head to toe Nike!  I find their gear the best for me.  Everything stays put and there is no pulling things up or down.  And their shoes rock.  And OH COURSE my gym mix playmix on iTunes keeps me going!  I'm waiting eagerly for the new Rihanna album!

• DDRRT1982DDRRT1982 member
    edited January 2016
    I put on workout pants today. I never made it to the gym:(. The days started out so promising.
  • @DDRRT1982 if I remember correctly, there will come a point in pregnancy when putting on pants is a workout.

Sorry you didn't make it but tomorrow is a new day!
  • So I did my first leg workout in a couple months yesterday.. Omg I'm so sore today I can barely walk. And I did light weight compared to what I used to do! Oh boy..
  • @squishy0511 I did stairs last week and got progressively more sore the next day until that night when I just had to lay down! The struggle is real!