Dads & Dads-to-be
Options

Newly Military Wife

Let me start off by saying how my husband is in the military. He already wasn't a very "hands on show my feelings type of man" so I had to adjust. I do have a 3 year old from a previous relationship. My husband is a great guy and is on a "I want a baby" spree. Due to the fact that I feel often unappreciated, (mostly cause he is in the army) I'm worried that he will always be a hard ass. )': He graduates Ranger soon in November to be exact. I've asked plenty of times are you sure a baby won't stress you out, and his reply is, "stress no, nagging yes. I was confused and asked what he meant his response was, making sure your taking care of yourself. Are you eating right? Sleeping? No junk food? Drinking lots of water? Are you working out? I guess my main worry is that because pregnancy is a emotional time, I'm wondering if he will always be so demanding once baby gets here. He is the definition of "tough love". Most men show it through flowers or "I love you messages". My husband shows it by what he can do to help make things better. Giving us a better life, pushing me to finish school, things like that.

Re: Newly Military Wife

• Options
    If you think he's that bad, why are you with him?

I think you're underestimating him, but if you really feel that way, I'd suggest you sit and talk it out together, or even with a councilor/chaplain. Does he know this is how you feel? Get your expectations for each other and your respective parenting styles out in the open. Discuss your older child's new role in the family with each other.

The biggest thing I'm seeing here is that nowhere in this post did you say you want to have a baby with him and that's the real question.