Pregnant after a Loss

Frustration with my doctors office- Advice please

Hello ladies

At the end of last week I started to get what I thought were Braxton hicks. It hardens only on my left side and then eventually goes away. I thought it was way early to be getting them (I'm 15 weeks) so I called my doctor today to ask. My doctor had already left for the day and my nurse was out, so someone else called me back. I think it was a nurse that works with another dr in the practice. She told me there is no way that I am having Braxton hicks at 15 weeks. So I asked if maybe I could feel the baby curling up on that side. She said there is no way I can feel the baby because it is way down by my pubic bone. I told her that I feel my uterus well above my pubic bone now and she just said "uh huh." They just kept telling me to go to the er if I was in pain. I told them I don't have pain and didn't want to go to the er. If I go to the er without pain or bleeding, they are just going to send me home. I just felt like I was talking to a wall, like I wasn't being heard. The conversation just went in circles. So my question is has anyone had Braxton hicks this early?

Re: Frustration with my doctors office- Advice please

• I've never had them that early. I got them probably more like towards the end of 2nd tri to 40 weeks. I don't know if it's impossible though. Either way I hate it when they act like you're crazy. Ive called in with tons of questions between my 6 pregnancies (that's including my 3 losses) and sometimes they do act like that. I get that this is their every day job but they need to be more compassionate. I'm guessing if it's not painful you're probably ok. Braxton hicks for me was like my entire belly. But that doesn't mean you couldn't have it in just one side. I'm really not sure. When's your next appointment?
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I don't know anything about Braxton Hicks, but I feel for you about getting the brush-off from a nurse. I called with a concern about progesterone once and was condescendingly told that she knew my history (two losses) and I should just relax and enjoy the pregnancy.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Loading the player...
  • I remember having them closer to the end too, so I was so freaked out when I felt it last week. You're probably right, they probably do lose compassion after they have been doing this for a while. I mean I have had a baby before and I know exactly what I feel and that's what it feels like. They just brushed me off, it was easier for them to send me to the er. I scheduled an appointment for tomorrow at 10:15, so hopefully my dr will have some answers for me. I'm hoping she says it's nothing to worry about.
  • Wow @CarrieandRoy that is horrible. I hate it when they make you feel that way. It definitely makes me scared to call in with any other concerns!
  • I've had a nurse email me, after I was asking a lot of questions about my cycle, tell me "If you'd like another doctor, here are some good ones..." I wanted to slap her through my laptop.
    *BFP and Loss Warning*

Married 10/01/11 to my partner in crime
    TTC #1 since 01/15 
    Me: PCOS 
    3 cycles of Clomid + TI - BFN
    IUI #1 Femara + Ovidrel - BFP!!!
    MC 07/15
    IUI #2-4 Femara + Ovidrel +Crinone - BFFN >:(
    IUI #5-6 Follistim + Ovidrel + Crinone - BFFN!
      IUI #7 Follistim + Ganirelix + Ovidrel + Prometrium + Baby Aspirin - BFP! PLEASE STICK!!!
    1/25 Beta #1: 389, #2: 940! IT'S TWINS! 
    TEAM DOUBLE PINK!!!! <3

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @jacobsone2 I've had thightenings in my belly since quite early this time and I have just assumed they are BH since they were similar to what I felt when I got BH with DS. Your uterus starts with BH around 6 weeks, most do not feel them before second tri or closer to third tri.
  • So I just came from my dr and she also said I cannot be having BH at 15 weeks. She said I'm probably feeling tightening from intestine. Very frustrating. I still believe it's BH, maybe nobody else complains of them this early....
  • @Synnovus how early did you start to feel it?
  • Oh man @RipleyLV426 that would warrant driving to the office to give her a slap!
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Yes @RipleyLV426 that was so rude of her! Did you end up choosing another dr?
  • jacobsone2jacobsone2 member
    edited January 2016
    I had an appt with MFM today and the first thing she saw when she put the probe down was a BH. I hope it's in the report so my dr can see. I'm not crazy, I know what I was feeling.
  • @jacobsone2 I started to notice them around 10-12 weeks, but wasn't sure that was what I felt until around 14 weeks when they were a little stronger.
  • RipleyLV426RipleyLV426 member
    edited February 2016
    @jacobsone2 I didn't end up getting a different doctor, because that asshole nurse left or was fired soon after that comment. I have a WAY better nurse now. And @CarrieandRoy I wanted to boob punch her so hard!
    *BFP and Loss Warning*

Married 10/01/11 to my partner in crime
    TTC #1 since 01/15 
    Me: PCOS 
    3 cycles of Clomid + TI - BFN
    IUI #1 Femara + Ovidrel - BFP!!!
    MC 07/15
    IUI #2-4 Femara + Ovidrel +Crinone - BFFN >:(
    IUI #5-6 Follistim + Ovidrel + Crinone - BFFN!
      IUI #7 Follistim + Ganirelix + Ovidrel + Prometrium + Baby Aspirin - BFP! PLEASE STICK!!!
    1/25 Beta #1: 389, #2: 940! IT'S TWINS! 
    TEAM DOUBLE PINK!!!! <3

Pregnancy Ticker