August 2016 Moms

Welcome to August 2016: Introduce yourself here!

Re: Welcome to August 2016: Introduce yourself here!

• Hi, my name is Michelle. I am 28, DH is 29, and this is our first pregnancy. I tested positive in December, and EDD is August 16-17, right after my birthday. I am a grad student who is struggling with the pregnancy brain and the exhaustion. We also have two dogs who will need lots of training.
  • Hi guys!
    Now that I've been lurking for the past 72 hours, I can finally introduce myself!

I'm Michelle, I'm 28 and from BC, Canada. I'm currently 10w1d due August 15 with my second
  • Loading the player...
  • joyzeiter2015joyzeiter2015 member
    edited January 2016
    Hi Everyone.

I am 27 years old. From Kentucky. I have been with my husband for 10 years in March. Married for 7 years in February. We had a miscarriage about 8 years ago. And we have a 6 year old son. We have been ttc for 2 1/2 years and finally got a BFP on December 20th. I have had my first 2 appointments. So far everything looks good. We go back on February 4th for my next ultrasound. :smile: so excited and ready for it to be here. Due date is August 16th 2016! :smiley:
  • what does bmb mean ?????
  • what does bmb mean ?????

Birth Month Board (what this board is).
  • Hi my name is Ali, And I am about to get married, Im 18, and my fiance is 19. This is our first child, Just found out, about a Week ago. And SO so happy. My due date is august 16th.
  • Hello all, my name is Rachel. My EDD is 8/7. Im 24 and this is mine and my husbands first baby, we were trying for about a year and are super excited for the little bundle of joy.
  • Hi everyone!

We're expecting our first Aug 29. I'm 30 (will be 31 by the time baby arrives ) hubby is 37.
  • amarfeo17amarfeo17 member
    edited January 2016
    Hi everyone, I'm Amanda and I was posting under babym17 but I logged out and can't remember my password. I'm back to using my original account :)

I'm 28 and DH is 35. We had been TTC for 15 months, suffered 2 MMC's and a lot of heartache. We were thrilled when we finally got our BFP in Nov! It still doesn't feel real!

We saw our little nugget yesterday and it was amazing to see he/she dancing around in there!

Wishing you all a happy healthy 9 months!
  • Hi everyone,

It looks like I'll be joining you! I'm 28, husband is 29, and we have two little boys ages 4 and 17 months. This pregnancy is a total surprise - in Nov/Dec I graduated college, had to move out of student housing and find a new place, and had to find a job (my husband, also a recent grad, is still looking.) Turns out in all that craziness we also added a new family member! I'm shocked but slowly getting excited; DH is scared to death...

Because I'm still breastfeeding my toddler/was on the minipill, my cycles were weird and I'm not sure of my EDD - we're going with 8/25 until my dating ultrasound next week.
    BFP #1: EDD 8/29/11, MMC 1/14/11. BFP #2: Damien Isaac born 12/16/11. BFP #3: Rowen Cole born 7/28/14. BFP #4: EDD 9/16/16.

Anniversary

baby blog

• Hello all :smile:!  My name is Alison and I'm moving over from the July boards as my EDD is now August 2nd.  I live in the Fort Worth area and will turn 29 next Tuesday.  This is my first pregnancy and I'm looking forward to finding out if we're having a boy or a girl soon!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hi all! My name is Krystal and I'm from NC. DH and I are both 29. We got our BFP on Dec. 2 and we are due for our first baby on Aug. 8! We heard a healthy heartbeat last Friday and we're really looking forward to watching our little one grow! Congrats and best wishes to all! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Hey!!!!! It seems like just yesterday I was on here with my gal pals in March 15 club. I'm back. Lol. I'm a mommy to 4 sons; Logan 16, Kyan 11, Cash 8, Kingston 10mos and this lil gem in my tummy. Lol I had lots of fun with everyone in my other group, and we got really close as we confided in eachother at all hours of the day/night. I'm hoping for the same experience with you ladies. Xoxo
  • Hey... i have been reading this forum for few weeks now. Decided to finally introduce. I am 30 yr FTM. 12 weeks today. DH is 29. Super excited for our little peanut.. Wishing everyone a healthy happy pregnancy and baby / babies !!
  • Hi all. I am 31 and hubby will be 34 in Feb. We have a 3 yr old son and are expecting twins August 13th. We had to use clomid this time and it took four rounds before conceiving. We are so excited because we didn't want our son to be an only child (hubby hated being an only child). I can't wait to find out what we are having!
  • Ha ha! I forgot I posted an introduction already! I guess that is what happens when you are addicted to pregnancy apps and have four of them on your phone!
  • Hi everyone. I am 24 and DH just turned 28. We are from Des Moines and just got married in September. This will be our first. We weren't really trying, but are very happy with the surprise! I had my first appointment and U/S last Friday and found out I'm a week farther than we thought. 11 weeks and due Aug 10th!
  • Hi, I'm Katie and I'm due August 3rd with baby number 3. I have been married for 5 years to my husband Casey and we have two kids, Matthias born October 24th, 2012 and Tabitha born July 3rd, 2014.
  • Hello! I have been on here for a while also but have never introduced myself! I'm 28 from Long Island, and my hubs is also 28. We got married in August 2014 and this is our first :D. I am 11 weeks along and the baby is due Aug 15th 2016 :smile: excited to share this journey with everyone here!!
  • Hey everyone! I've been lurking for 2 to 3 weeks since I found out that I was pregnant, but finally feel comfortable enough with this that i am contributing! I turn 28 in two weeks, DH turns 30 shortly after. We live on the Oregon coast. Even though I'm only 9w5d, ive had two transvaginal US and I've heard the heartbeat! I'm anticipating a due date of 8/25 but technically havent been given an official dd. This is my first pregnancy, got pregnant right out of the gate once we decided to try for a baby. I was surprised by that! I'm still trying to learn all the acronyms so bear with me :) congrats all!
  • Hello!

I'm Stephanie. I'm a SAHM to an almost two year old daughter and my husband an I are expecting #2 August 30. DH is in the Air Force and we currently live in DC. I hope everyone has a healthy and happy pregnancy and I look forward to getting to know you ladies. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • **Loss Mentioned**

Hello ladies! My name is Madison. I am new to this posting thing (don't even have a FB or anything like that). I am 11w6days and this is our first. My husband brought 3 kids from his previous marriage and we are so so happy to have this little one on the way. We had a MC in June, so we have our fingers crossed for a healthy pregnancy this time. Can't wait to get to know everyone and share experiences!
  • Hi Everyone. 
    I'm Jessica. My hubby and I are expecting our second baby on August, 4. We are over the moon excited, because my husband had testicular cancer and we thought we would never have another child. Look forward to getting to know you ladies over the next few months. 
  • gadzooks_3gadzooks_3 member
    edited January 2016
    **loss mentioned**

Greetings to all. I forgot to introduce myself. I am Julia, I'm 37 and a FTM.  We had a M/C last year on Mother's Day (ouch) but DH and I are very excited about this pregnancy.  Got some PGAL paranoia going on too.  DH and I are both graduate students and we also have 3 cats.

ETA: due date Aug. 8th
  • Wow! There's a lot of August babies!

Im 33, live in Washington, DC and currently just under 12 weeks. This is my first pregnancy and was a bit (okay..a huge) of a shock as I wasn't planning on having a baby and this summer was supposed to be moving to Texas! Well, God sometimes laughs at our plans as he may have blessings for us coming...

Anywhoo, after seeing my ultrasound and my little peanut doing a jig in my belly, I'm excited and nervous about this journey ahead, but feel very lucky to be bringing forth a new life. 
  • Hi! I'm from NY. I'm 41, hubby 53. Married 15 years! First baby for both! Due beginning of August with a baby boy. 
  • Hi! I'm a 34-year-old FTM expecting our little bundle on 8-8-16. It's been a long road getting here, but now that we are here it feels unbelievable. 
  • My name is Janel. I'm 29and expecting baby number 6. We're due Aug 23 this time. 
  • Hello all, 

I have been on this post since I found out I was pregnant back on December 8th.... I am 12 weeks along today due on August 15th with my first baby. My husband and I have been married since June of 2014 and we tried for 3 months, we stopped trying in November because we are both in a wedding 5 days after my due date my BFP was a surprise but we are very excited! 
  • ChrissyFromMDChrissyFromMD member
    edited February 2016
    Hello Everyone,
    Im Chrissy. I'm 35 and this is my first pregnancy ever. It was planned, but not by us. They say birth control is 99.99% effective, so this is a .01% chance baby. We were trying to prevent and not planning for a family at this time as we are both trying to finish school. I didn't find out that I was pregnant until the 8th week.

I had inclinations that I could be pregnant but just didn't think it was possible. I had been feeling really sick and tired through December. I thought I was just getting a bug since the flu and other colds had been making their way through my office. I think what tipped the boat is my overwhelming hunger. I constantly had this large appetite as if I hadn't eaten in days. My husband commented one night "I don't know much about pregnancy or pregnant women, but you sure seem like you're it." I took two home tests two mornings latter - both positive to my unbelief.

We are still in shock and adjusting but we are excited non the less. We estimate that we conceived around Thanksgiving.

I had my first ob appointment last week. Everything is looking good. I'm approximately 10 weeks at this point.
  • Hey all!

I'm Chelsea, 32 living in Atlanta.  Pregnant with my first baby and due August 21.  Looking forward to getting to know everyone!
  • Hi! 

I'm Nathalie, mother of two little girls ( both just had a birthday - 5 & 2 ). I'm 27 and my husband and I are expecting baby # 3 on the 12th of August! We live in Alberta, Canada and I'm so excited to have found a group of ladies that are expecting around the same time! ( my first summer baby ! ) 
  • Hi!  I can't believe I'm back on the bump!  I have a 6-year-old daughter and a 4-year-old son.  I'm 40 years old and thought we were done having kids (the first weren't so easy to get pregnant with).  Well, I started giving away baby stuff and now I'm pregnant with twins!!!!  We are shocked and excited.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm late to the party! The hubs and I are both 26, and we have an almost 14-month old son and are due with #2 on August 9th! We got a positive on November 30th after two weeks of no period and no positive tests. The beginning of this pregnancy was quite a bit uncertain, and we heard from a couple people that we should expect to miscarry. But here we are, moving swiftly into the second trimester with one perfect little confirmed heartbeat! Our midwife isn't worried, so I'm trying not to be either. Baby love to all!
  • Hello! I'm expecting my 2nd baby August 30. If this goes anything like the last I'll go wildly overdue and be begging for induction in September
  • I am currently 12 weeks. This is my second, my first is 7 and will be 8 by time baby is born. I got ultrasound confirmation of due date of August 15th, 2016!! Sadly I am going thru a divorce with my babies father due to abuse but I have amazing friends and family for support!!
  • Hi all, joining in late here (though I've been lurking a bit over the last few weeks).  I'm finally 12 weeks so I can "out" myself.  I'm due Aug 19th with baby #2.  DS is 2 1/2.  Love that I recognize some Sept13 ladies on here!
  • paredeswifeparedeswife member
    edited February 2016
    Hi everyone! 
    First time having a baby and still getting used to the idea.  We certainly waited long enough: I'll be 36 for the baby's due date on August 22nd. Looking forward to getting to know others and sharing in the experience especially since I don't have too many mom friends... 

• Hi all! My name is Ashley, I'm 21 and from Michigan but living in North chicago. My husband is in the military so we are a little ways from our families. My EDD is August 14th, my cousins wedding day haha.
    Looking foward to making new friends!  :)