North Carolina Babies

Moving to Charlotte, Please Help

Hi Ladies!  There's a possibility that my husband will be getting a job transfer to Charlotte.  I've been trying to do some research on nearby locations but feel somewhat overwhelmed.  Number one on our list would be schools.  My daughter is only 3 so we do have some time, but I would just like to get some feedback on recommended areas.  It has been suggested to me to look into Fort Mill, Stallings, Huntersville, Belmont/cramerton areas.  Are there any other areas you would recommend?  And what areas would you stay away from?  

Thank you so much!!

Re: Moving to Charlotte, Please Help

• I work in Concord and love the area. Its about 20 mins to Charlotte.
  • It really depends on the type of neighborhood you're looking for and where your husband will be working. The areas you mention are a bit farther out of the Charlotte city limits, and will require a morning commute if your husband works closer to uptown.  If you're looking for neighborhoods that are closer in to the city that have good schools, check out the south and southeast sides of town -- South Park, Ballantyne, Myers Park, Eastover, Dilworth, Matthews.  They're more expensive than other neighborhoods, but offer quality schools.  My advice to anyone moving to a new city, find a place to rent near your workplace for a year then figure out where you want to buy.
  • Loading the player...
  • I also live in Concord, which is just north of Charlotte. I commute to downtown for work. I love this area and we have good options for schools. Huntersville is nice, as is Mint Hill.

Member since 2010 ❤️
    #1 BFP 12/31/10 EDD 8/14/11 Born 8/9/11

#2 BFP 3/20/12 EDD 11/17/12 M/C 3/25/12

#3 BFP 11/17/12 EDD 8/5/13 Born 8/4/13

#4 BFP 1/26/14 EDD 09/29/14 Born 10/01/14

• Depending on how close to town you want to be Ballantine is a great location. Also areas of Union County are very nice and have great schools. That's where I live. There are also a lot of very nice preschools that are reasonably priced. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm late to the party here, but check out the Weddington/Waxhaw area.