July 2015 Moms

Bruise by eye

My LO was sitting up on New Years Day but couldn't balance too well yet and she fell over on a book. She bruised a little under/left side her left eye. Well weeks later that bruise is still there. It's so vague the no one can see it unless I point it out and show them. You can't even see it in pics. I was just looking under good light though she still had a slight bruise, it's a blue color. I'm worried bc it's been so long...why is there still a bruise?? She's had her 6 mo check up and eyes checked and all looked good. However I didn't even think to bring up the bruise. I only realize it's still there every now and then, that day I had forgot. Think I should go to the ped to get it checked out??

Re: Bruise by eye

• When my son got his 4 month shots he got a bit bruised and a small ball on his right leg. Doctor said it was normal and it took a few weeks for it to go away but it didn't hurt him. Maybe wait a few days and if you're worried don't hesitate to contact your pediatrician, maybe she can check it out and reassure everything is okay! Hope everything is good mama and that your baby girl gets better! Let us know what the doctor says!
  • I dropped a book on my baby... We were laying on the bed and I was reading a book above us. Welp I dropped it and it fell and hit her under the eye. She had a bruise for a few weeks. I think that since your baby bruise seems lighter and isn't hurting, that it should be OK. Of course if you are worried you should always call your doctor.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah. LO has gotten so strong that he flipped his monkey bouncer over with him in it. He went face first into the bathroom floor and has a little bruise on his forehead. It's been there for about a week. I think I'm the only one that notices though. That was pretty scary when I saw him on the floor like that though. There's only the lap harness on the bouncer so he sits up and leans all the way forward till the whole bouncer tips forward and the both went crashing down. I guess no more bouncer. He outgrew the mamaroo too now. He's getting too big :'(