Trouble TTC
Options

Introduction

After more than a year of trying to conceive, I thought I would introduce myself over here.  I was on birth control for eight years before starting beginning to TTC at the end of December 2014/beginning of January 2015.  My cycles were frequent and short going off the pill (averaging 24 days with a 9 day tops luteal phase).  When I went to the doctor in November, she discovered that I had a sizable uterine polyp taking up about 1/3 of my uterus.  It was removed, and I was hoping that would be the silver bullet.  My husband's sperm is fine, I have eggs and ovulate and my hormones look fine.  The doctor is still concerned about the short luteal phase and wanted me to take an HCG shot to lengthen it, but it makes me nervous because I want to know all the possible side effects (could it lead to twins, etc.).  Also, I have been holding out hope that my LP will lengthen on its own with B Complex/B6 etc., which I have been taking for months now.  The doctor told me that stress could cause a LPD and that I need to stress less, but the past month has been highly stressful with lots of upheaval at work.  Also, my LP was 9 days the past two cycles post-surgery.  I'm currently on my period and wondering what to do next. 

Re: Introduction

• Options
    Welcome, I'm sorry that you have TTTC but I'm glad that you found us.  I haven't heard of the HCG shot dramatically raising the odds of multiples.   I guess if you have more than one mature egg when you take it, it could happen... but if you aren't taking other meds to stimulate your ovaries then the likelihood of twins should be the same as what you would normally have without the HCG shot.

In your place I would probably go ahead and take the shot.  If after 3 months I still had no success improving my LPD I'd start asking about fertility meds to assist in egg quality for a stronger ovulation + the HCG Ovidrel shot.

Married for 7 years, TTC for 4 years
    dx:  Diminished Ovarian Reserve
    2 Clomid IUI's + 4 injectable IUI's= 5 BFNs and 1 mc