Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Decisions Decisions!

Ok ladies just wanting some outside advice! I thought I'd be married before a baby comes along but suprise baby will be here in July! I always wanted to get married on a specific day in July this year but it's only a week after baby's due date! A part of me wants to get married before baby but I'm worried by the time we would plan the wedding it wouldn't be till April the earliest! So that or I want to plan the wedding for my dream day in July. My boyfriend thinks we should wait till next summer now because he doesn't want everyone to think we are just getting married because of baby! We've been discussing it alot but I just want some words of wisdom. Thanks!

Re: Decisions Decisions!

• I saw wait until next year, with a baby comes a lot of prep work and organizing. Then when the baby arrives it changes your life. I would say wait and then baby can be a part of your special day next year. Congrats!
  • Hmm. Don't make your choice based on what others think. I would be worried about planning the wedding so close to your due date because baby has a mind of its own and you will want time to heal before being that busy.
  • Loading the player...
  • If it were me, I'd wait until next year. As PP said babies come when they come. Even if you do deliver on your due date and have a smooth delivery, I can honestly not imagine being up for getting married 2 weeks after either of my babies were born.
    Married DH 08.28.10
    Pregnancy #1: BFP 04.10.11 EDD 12.23.11 DD1 Born 12.4.11
     Pregnancy #2: BFP 5.12.14 MC 5.20.14 @ 5wk4d
    Pregnancy #3: BFP 11.1.14 EDD 7.5.15 MC 11.13.14 @ 6wk4d
    Pregnancy #4: BFP 1.31.15 EDD 10.5.15 DD2 Born 9.23.15

• I would plan it for next year. I had a completly normal uneventful pregnancy until the last few weeks, and ended up getting induced at 38 weeks. I thought for sure I would still be pregnant at 41 weeks. You can't count on a baby cooperating with your time line.
  • What do the two of you want? Don't worry about why people think you're getting married. You two know the real reason and that's that. Would eloping and celebrating that with friends and family next year be an option?

That said - I highly recommend not getting married anywhere near your due date. If you're still pregnant you may not enjoy your wedding, you might actually be in labor which would be annoying to deal with as far as venues/guests go, and I doubt you'll feel like partying within three weeks of giving birth.

Still moral of the story - don't let anyone's opinions of why you're getting married influence your decision.
  • Based on my last month of pregnancy and first month post partum there is NO way I would consider getting married anywhere close to that.

If you're set on the July date just do the year after! The first year of babe's life will be so full you'll need the extra time to plan the wedding you want.
  • Based on my last month of pregnancy and first month post partum there is NO way I would consider getting married anywhere close to that.

If you're set on the July date just do the year after! The first year of babe's life will be so full you'll need the extra time to plan the wedding you want.

I second this, I was pretty miserable my last four weeks of pregnancy, and the first few weeks post-partum are really tough. I was waddling around, really sore and did not want any sort of company, let alone to leave the house. You're going to have a recovery period whether you have a vaginal birth or a CS, and you won't know how you will feel until that time.

If you really want to get married, maybe elope or do something small in April or May and then plan a big reception for the following year when you will be much more settled in.
  • I agree with everyone here, about waiting until next year. You will feel a LOT better by then, and your LO will at least be a year old, which will make things much easier! :smiley:
  • I will never understand why people wait for a specific date to get married. If you want to get married then get married. The day you get married will become an important date to you.

**** Formerly Snoflakes4eva****

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker