November 2015 Moms

Introducing the bumbo

When do you ladies plan on or did start using the bumbo? LO is really good about hold his head at midline for a while and hardly ever needs support. He will sit on my lap and I just lightly hold him up. I was thinking of starting to sit him in his bumbo soon.

Re: Introducing the bumbo

• I sat my baby in it a few times already but only for a minute or so while I was right there.  She did ok but her head was floppier than I'd like.  I'll probably try again in a week or so.

photo 2c2eea5b-cb3d-4ba5-8e22-39fd2841956b_zps4ux1rnnr.jpg

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Not until he can hold his head up on his own, consistently, for long periods of time, and unsupported.
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't have a bumbo but I do have another assisted seat. I won't try it until she's got more head control, probably around 4 months as that's what's recommended.
  • smnewbysmnewby member
    edited January 2016
    We have the bumbo but I really prefer the fisher price sit me up. Its reclined a little and LO loooves it. We do limit her time in it however. Even though she sits erect I dont like the thought of the pressures any of the seats (bumbo or sit me up) put on baby's spine and the sling portion of the seat cant be great on LO's hips.

I place it at the entrance to our bathroom while I do my hair and makeup for work. I shake my bootie and dance for her and she cracks up!

Edit to say the sit me up with the lion comes with a tray making it a bit nicer than the other models.