• Loading the player...
  • Good morning from Maryland!

• @DominiqueU @Nerdchild Thanks!  i'm not usually this clever 
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @DeriveMyPi I love that announcement!!!!!  We are currently at 24 inches of snow with no signs of it stopping.  Weather.com says snow will continue until after midnight!
  • @DeriveMyPi oh my god stop it! That is so cute and perfect!
  • @DeriveMyPi that is so awesome!
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• @DeriveMyPi Love that!!! Very creative!
  • Nerdchild said:

Good morning from Maryland!

This is as of 4:30pm.
    Married: August 2012
    TTC #1: July 2015
    BFP 1: October 30, 2015; EDD: July 6, 2016- Team Pink
    TTC #2: September 2019

• @DeriveMyPi SHUT THE FRONT DOOR! That's adorable!!
  • @noelietrex I'd be up for a craft swap!

• @BeachTigress You need a flame thrower, which I normally only recommend for use against spiders, to escape that cold, white hell.
  • @noelietrex @elenabrent I'll need to learn to make something a little more time efficient than crocheting blankets...
  • marowan said:

@noelietrex @elenabrent I'll need to learn to make something a little more time efficient than crocheting blankets...

Booties? Hats? I now have newborn cloth diaper covers with matching prefolds and bibs and I'm so down for tradesies!
    I bet I could learn hats. :) I guess I know what I'm doing tomorrow...
  • @BeachTigress where in Maryland are you? I'm in the Silver Spring area.

Here's some of our snow from earlier today. I've had enough!

DD1: Born January 2013
    DD2: Due July 12, 2016
    Two rescue dogs 

BabyFruit Ticker

July 2016 - July Siggy: Weird Hot Dog Situations
  • @mandyjulie I'm in Burtonsville so we are not too far away from each other! This is way too much snow. I have no clue where all the plows are going to "move" this snow to. All the roads will end up being one way in each direction.

• @BeachTigress not far at all! Yeah I think it's best they keep things shut down for basically the whole week, no way can plows do any kind of magic with this. But of course many people will still have to drive for essential type jobs. Schools will probably be closed through at least Tuesday.
    DD1: Born January 2013
    DD2: Due July 12, 2016
    Two rescue dogs 

BabyFruit Ticker

July 2016 - July Siggy: Weird Hot Dog Situations
  • Stay safe ladies!! I do not envy all the snow you guys are getting!
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @noelietrex count me in on a trade situation down the line! I'm working on cloth wipes, prefolds and covers, knitted hats, and just about anything else I can make to fill my time and keep me busy! This nesting is real and a lot earlier than I thought it would be!
  • @mandyjulie I agree. I saw that there are already some closures for Monday. I am hoping to telework all next week because I do not want to deal with the mess that we are going to have next week. I hope all the kids are enjoying this!

• Hope you guys are safe! I'm in Indiana and I'm way more used to having all the snow and it was like almost 35° today. I'm not sorry we don't have any!

Also I'm watching Anne of Green Gables. I hope I have a girl I can read Anne of Green Gables to.
  • I know the conversation has moved on, but my water broke on the couch with DD. I was induced (with the gel not with pitocin, so they'd apply the gel 3 or 4 times I day - I forget - and then send me home) so I knew it was possible and just sat/slept on a towel for those two days. I had a lot of contractions before, as well.

Ya know, as time goes on in this pregnancy I am more and more excited for my scheduled c-section. I battled with this decision for so long but knowing I never have to experience labour again gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling. (Dear God please don't let me go into labour early just to spite me). I think I have rose coloured glasses/selective amnesia about the post-op pain, but at least I don't have to have 2 days of horrible labour followed by post-op pain.
  • the snow gave me inspiration, and we posted this - 

Cutest announcement ever!
  • Random: did anyone watch the figure skating Nationals tonight? Holy smokes I forget how much I love that sport!
  • DobbysSockDobbysSock member
    edited January 2016
    I'm sorry. I dirty deleted. I decided it was too raw and personal right now. We had an incident with DD's daycare provider and DD has been pulled out, it's a lot to deal with and I'm struggling with the idea of finding and trusting another provider.

ETA: DD is fine - the provider betrayed our trust in a pretty major way by allowing a family member to move into her home without speaking to us about it, and this individual is not a safe person. DD wasn't exposed to anything traumatic or harmful but I am having a lot of guilt and stress thinking about all the ways this could have gone wrong, and having a hard time letting go of all the "what ifs"
  • I think I have the nesting. Can't. Stop. Sewing!!!

ETA: These are just from tonight

I will totally buy some from you. You should open an etsy shop.
    Yep agreed. I'll be using disposable diapers but those bibs are so cute!
  • @DobbysSock I'm sorry for all that drama. The good thing is that you protected her as soon as you could, nothing to feel guilty about there. I hope you can find someone you trust soon, good luck.
  • @dobbysocks33 That is really scary! I'm glad your daughter is fine, and I hope you're able to find a new daycare provider that you can trust. 

• @DobbysSock  your delete was anything but dirty. Don't worry about the what if's; they won't happen now because you acted fast and got her safe. Awesome! I hope you are able to find a daycare provider you're able to trust asap.
  • Hugs @DobbysSock! Please don't stress over the what ifs, though I know it's impossible. Hugs lady! You are a great Momma and I hope you find a new daycare provider soon!
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @DobbysSock so sorry you had to go through that! Thoughts and prayers are with you! Hoping you can have some peace of mind and get a new provider soon! You kept your daughter safe and that is all that matters right now :)
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing