February 2016 Moms

Dole salad recall

Karen249Karen249 member
edited January 2016 in February 2016 Moms
Just got a call from my grocery store that a bag salad I bought by Dole (and since been consumed) has been recalled for potential listeria. Great. Another thing to worry about. https://www.cnn.com/2016/01/22/health/salad-listeria/index.html

Check your fridge ladies!

Re: Dole salad recall

• Well, there goes my dinner plan! Thanks for sharing. Not worth the risk.
  • Glad to share the info. Definitely not worth the risk. It's ironic I was trying to make a healthy choice by eating a salad...wont be making that mistake again. Lol. But I actually broke down and decided to call my dr just to see what she had to say. I hate to bother her after hours but I know I would worry all weekend if I didn't and had to wait til Monday. And the fact that I ate the product that is being recalled is probably good enough reason for a call in.
  • Loading the player...
  • My packages don't have the "A" product labeling that they say was the bad batch, but since we are experiencing blizzard conditions and I'm already so close to giving birth, I think nachos are a safer bet!
    Calling in was definitely a good idea though. You can never be too safe about these things.
  • Nachos sound like a way better choice! Hmm maybe I'll make some too. Good luck with the storm. Keep that baby in a little while longer! The LO better not decide to make their debut in a blizzard :)
  • @Karen249  Ahhh that's scary!  What did your doctor say about it?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise BFP! 06/08/15
    Nadine GraceMarie  02/10/16
    Diagnosed with placenta increta post delivery: emergency partial hysterectomy - cervix and ovaries still intact 
    Gestational surrogacy or adoption TBD

• Karen249 said:

Nachos sound like a way better choice! Hmm maybe I'll make some too. Good luck with the storm. Keep that baby in a little while longer! The LO better not decide to make their debut in a blizzard :)

I've found that the Tostitos nacho cheese is actually pretty easy on me later on, as far as heartburn goes. It's not as bad as others.
    I'm close to the hospital, thank heavens. My mom was born in the middle of a blizzard so they named her April because they wanted spring to come. April is our daughters middle name! It would be hilarious but not very fun if she decided to prove that she needs that name!
    I'm super glad I read this and didn't have the salad though. I would scare myself into an unneeded hospital trip. And I'm glad you're okay of course!
  • @egraves4...yeah it was crazy to get this automated phone message from my grocery store about the listeria potential. Sure enough my mostly eaten bag of salad was in the fridge with the code beginning with an "A". It's great the store keeps track who purchases items based on the store loyalty card. And then used my phone number linked to my account to alert me. Of course, I hardly ever buy prepackaged salads but the dang things were on sale.

My doctor was great and very understanding for my call. She said she wouldn't worry too much because we aren't even sure my bag was contaminated. She said there is nothing to be done now but to have a low threshold for any sickness. Any Fever, stomach issues, etc. call and get checked out if any symptom should arise. So fingers crossed I won't have to.

@thisusername...I've always loved the name April! What a cute story about your mom but yeah your baby better not try and take after Grandma. Lol. I hope you can relax through the storm (and enjoy those delicious nachos-free from any heartburn or listeria scare) :)
  • They were delicious nachos! I like the stormy weather, I think it's fun. Found out today that my kitten likes snow as well. Super cute!

The sale is the same reason I bought the salads too!! Glad she's not too worried though, I have high hopes you'll be okay! :smile: sleep if you can, it will definitely help. Then you can't feel nervous!
  • I eat dole salads all the time, we buy a bag practically every week. I'm super nervous now and I feel like I'm making myself feel sick. Made it all the way to the end with hardly any worry and now this. :(
  • @willkc...I know the feeling. I'm sure there's nothing to worry about although that's easier said then done. Maybe mention it at your next doctor appointment just for some peace of mind but again I'm sure everything is fine. Have a good weekend and enjoy the home stretch!