February 2016 Moms
Options

Love your lines

kinnonamkinnonam member
edited January 2016 in February 2016 Moms
Hi mamas I found this article for this campaign called "love your lines" an oad to stretch marks everywhere. I commend the ladies who are absolutely comfortable in there skin. I don't love my stretch marks. How have you ladies come to terms with the changes? What have you found to help with them?

Also check it out on IG/Tumblr #loveyourlines

https://www.popsugar.com/beauty/Photos-Stretch-Marks-Love-Your-Lines-37282604?slide=opening-slide

Re: Love your lines

• Options
    I guess for me I never thought it could be a problem? It was just like "oh, these are here now." It probably also helps to have a husband who has never mentioned them or made me feel unconscious about having them. I've always had marks on my hips from puberty, so when I got more from pregnancy it was just an add on haha.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

They're your tiger stripes and you earned them. 

That being said, I'm getting some mederma stretch mark cream soon to minimize them.

• Options
    I don't mind them because of the wonderful thing they represent. I just accept them because what else is skin gonna do when it's stretched this far lol! The ones from my first faded really well so these probably will, too.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    SU1989 said:

I started getting stretch marks a couple weeks ago. I had a break down in the bathroom while looking in the mirror at them and my husband came in and said "Those are mommy warrior marks, be proud of them!" Of course I bawled my eyes out cause 1.Im emotional and 2. He is just the best. But it really helped hearing positive words coming from him about them, and he's exactly right!

Aww what a good hubby! I love his take on it!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hell I already had them from puberty. I pretty much don't give a damn lol. I'm not at my goal weight right now, so I'm going to work on that, but i pretty much think I look awesome and so does my hubby so eff it! :)
  • Options
    @jcjohnson0216 I love this! If you love you then you shouldn't GAF! More women need your attitude *high five*
  • Options
    My stretch marks are all on the under side of my belly where I can't see them- therefor they don't exist. I'm just proud my body has been able to do this miracle of a thing and soon bring us life!
  • Options
    I hated mine from my first pregnancy and I still hate them. Sure, I "earned them" from carrying a baby but that literally does not at all make it better and I likely will never "grow to love them" or whatever. And I also hate when people basically shame others for hating theirs.
    Benjamin born on - 4/5/12
    BFP 12/31/14, EDD 9/08/14 ~ Natural M/C 2/21/14 at 11.5 weeks
    BFP 5/24/15 - EDD 2/4/16

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    bookqueen said:

I hated mine from my first pregnancy and I still hate them. Sure, I "earned them" from carrying a baby but that literally does not at all make it better and I likely will never "grow to love them" or whatever. And I also hate when people basically shame others for hating theirs.

Oh yeah, I am so not looking forward to having to see them every day. It's going to really upset me. I'll be in the haters club soon too.
  • Options
    They are really ugly, but they get better. I absolutely hate them
  • Options
    I've had them since puberty also. My husband loves my skin and that's all that matters to me.

Of course I am overweight and still sport a bikini if he gives me enough margaritas... Sorrynotsorry.
  • Options
    RRC216RRC216 member
    edited January 2016
    I never had a single stretch mark on my body until now. The whole back of my thighs are covered!!!

Mommy to my Angel baby Domenico Anjelo M/C 11 weeks 12/20/2014
    C/P 4/15/2015 5 weeks
    BFP 6/15 /15 Due: 2/25/16

• Options

I've had them since puberty also. My husband loves my skin and that's all that matters to me.

Of course I am overweight and still sport a bikini if he gives me enough margaritas... Sorrynotsorry.

I'll sport anything with enough margaritas. . Lol
  • Options

I'll sport anything with enough margaritas. . Lol
    Or nothing at all! Haha
  • Options
    I used to be obese. Spent 3 years at my goal/ideal weight before getting pregnant. My stretch marks (post weight loss) are INTENSE. They are also a part of me. I don't *think* I have any new ones, but I could be mistaken. And those would be something to point at and say, "see this thing I did?"
    I also have NO problem putting critics in their place.
  • Options
    I have "always" had light stretch marks. . so they generally just get over looked.

DS (2.29.16) via Homebirth

~ Proverbs 22:6 ~

• Options
    I am fairly self critical. My stomach has always kinda been my thing and as of last summer I still wear a bikini on the beach. I barely got any with my 1st. I definitely got more with my 2nd but didn't notice until after delivery bc I couldn't tell until then. He was 8lbs 12oz so that's probably why. I will say that if you gotta have stretch marks I consider myself lucky in that mine always fade to skin color and the only way you can tell I have them is if they catch the light/sun. Still, it was enough to make me terrified of what this 3rd baby would do to me. I know I can get my body back but the stretch marks are forever. In the end, I don't love them but wouldn't take back any of my babies to get rid of my stretch marks. I had to have a little pep talk with myself though about vanity vs family before deciding to have this 3rd and final baby. It's hard sometimes to see what those little buggers do to us! ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I also have them mostly on the underside of my belly, my stretch marks from puberty just continued on up. I'm trying to be ok with them. I hope that once I'm a mom I'll feel like they were worth it. Hubby has been nothing but wonderful this entire pregnancy building me up and telling me how beautiful I am, sooner or later it'll stick :)
  • Options
    Kimbarbour08Kimbarbour08 member
    edited January 2016
    I haven't gotten that many (YET) from my baby, but there are some. Mainly right above my belly button in sort of a short almost circular area around where I had a belly ring a few years ago. Also, the ones on my butt/hips from puberty have gotten a little worse. All the new ones are pretty red right now and it's kind of confusing DH . . . he didn't realize stretch marks could look like that!

ETA: I forgot to mention, I wouldn't say I "love" my lines, but the ones from baby on my belly I definitely am proud of. The ones on my hips/butt I'm less cheery about because I feel like there's less of a good reason for them lol!
  • Options

I was underweight (genetics) before I got pregnant and have gained around 40 pounds thus far (due the 23rd). My boobs have the worst and darkest stretch marks so far, and I've only gone up a cup! Hips and thighs have stretch marks too. Though my husband told me I have some on my lower back (that I can't see) which includes around my crack (didn't know that was an option!).

I can't tell if my stomach has any yet, but I'm sure I'll notice them postpartum. I'll deal with them after those six weeks of PP are up and I can start toning up and all that good stuff. So far the only thing I'm thanking this baby for is my new and improved butt. (;