Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Cervix checkers I have a ?!

Hi Ladies, I apologize in advance for the TMI and for the long post. So 4 days ago I started to have some light bleeding in the afternoon but only when I wiped. The bleeding continued but the color turned to a dark red and then a brighter red so I assumed AF was on the way since this was when I was scheduled to start. For 3 days I had dark red to red bleeding but only when I wiped. In 3 days I wouldn't have had enough to fill up 1 panty liner. This is a VERY unusual cycle for me. This morning I had a tiny bit of brown discharge and then nothing so I assumed I was done and was getting ready for CD1. I am new to checking my cervix for position so about mid morning I checked it and started having dark red to red blood again but only for a couple of hours. Now I am back to nothing. So after that novel here is my question:

Is it more sensitive after menstration? Is it normal to see red blood again after having nothing? Should I not have checked so soon? This light of a period without needing a tampon is new to me but I guess shouldn't complain about that :) thanks in advance for any help! I'm super appreciative!

Re: Cervix checkers I have a ?!

• Options
    BRogers24 said:
    Hi Ladies, I apologize in advance for the TMI and for the long post. So 4 days ago I started to have some light bleeding in the afternoon but only when I wiped. The bleeding continued but the color turned to a dark red and then a brighter red so I assumed AF was on the way since this was when I was scheduled to start. For 3 days I had dark red to red bleeding but only when I wiped. In 3 days I wouldn't have had enough to fill up 1 panty liner. This is a VERY unusual cycle for me. This morning I had a tiny bit of brown discharge and then nothing so I assumed I was done and was getting ready for CD1. I am new to checking my cervix for position so about mid morning I checked it and started having dark red to red blood again but only for a couple of hours. Now I am back to nothing. So after that novel here is my question: Is it more sensitive after menstration? Is it normal to see red blood again after having nothing? Should I not have checked so soon? This light of a period without needing a tampon is new to me but I guess shouldn't complain about that :) thanks in advance for any help! I'm super appreciative!
    Periods are weird. And they can and will change at any time. 

As far as I know, your cervix shouldn't be more sensitive? But I'm really not sure. It sounds like you just weren't done bleeding. I can't really give you any advice on CP because it's not something with which I have experience. 
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    TTC #1 - Nov '14
    BFP 2/3/16  EDD 10/16/16
    DS born 10/18

LFAF: Frankly Disturbing
  • Options
    I know this isn't what you asked, but are you counting CD 1 as the first day after your period ends? You should be counting CD 1 as the first day of your period. (That may be what you meant and I misread it, though.)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply! And I did mean that CD1 would have started a few days ago I'm sorry I don't think I worded it right in the post. Just when you think you have it all figured out your body reminds you otherwise :)
  • Options
    @BRogers24 Hmm...I haven't noticed anything like that checking my cervix after AF. Sorry I can't help more!
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Options
    I've noticed that sometimes my cervix can be very sensitive just before my period. Like if I check it a couple of hours before my period actually starts. I don't really check my cervix while I'm bleeding so I'm not sure about that, but I'd assume it's probably still sensitive.

I noticed, looking back through my notes in FF, that I have a lot of notes the day my period started and the night before about checking my cervix with things like "cervix is sensitive. cramping after checking which persisted the rest of the night."

I'm also right there with you in camp "this period was so light I definitely wouldn't have filled even 1 pad." I guess we're the lucky ones. I'd much rather have light periods than really heavy periods like I had when I was younger where I was completely filling an overnight pad in 2 hours.
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @NamelessAria I was really hoping such a light AF might mean a BFP but that was just wishful thinking! But I'm glad to know I'm not alone. Thanks for the info that does help!!

@emilyIRL thanks for the reply!
  • Options
    @NamelessAria & @BRogers24 my periods are always so light I wonder if it can possibly be "normal". I feel blessed when I hear my friends horror stories.
    ****TW****

Me: 39 DH: 40
    Married: 12/6/2014

BFP#1: 1/20/15      MC: 2/14/15
    BFP#2: 10/28/15    MC: 11/24/15
    BFP#3:  3/20/16     MC: 4/26/16
    BFP#4:  7/15/16     DD: 3/18/17
    BFP#5:  5/1/18     EDD: 1/12/19
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @BRogers24 I think the cervix is always more sensitive if it is soft, because both are caused by the increased blood flow. I know I spot after checking on the days my cervix is soft. But I may have made that correlation in my head. Sorry this wasn't your month!
  • Options
    @Mrsbinpa it wouldn't be terrible if that became the new "normal" ;)
  • Options
    @mattanderin15 that's good to know! I have never noticed any bleeding before when I had checked but I just recently started and thought maybe doing it that soon was a no no. Honestly it took me a little bit to actually figure out what exactly I was looking for and how to even tell the difference. Still not 100% sure I got it but I'm giving it a go!
  • Options
    Forgive me for maybe asking something super obvious, but are you sure that's where it's coming from? I once had a painless UTI and would notice some blood in the toilet/when wiping even with a tampon in and thought it was just it leaking a bit, but it continued after my period was over and that's when I thought it must be a UTI. All the other UTIs I've had made me miserable, so it took me a while to catch on with that one, especially since I was bleeding anyway. 

Otherwise, I think touching the cervix can kind of encourage things to come out, so it was probably whatever blood was kind of stuck behind it. Some people do have a super sensitive cervix that is easy to make bleed (I think that's what the term friable refers to), but I don't think it's any more sensitive when on your period or that just touching it would be likely to make it bleed. 
  • Options
    @FiancB I guess I could be wrong. Honestly a UTI never crossed my mind just b/c I haven't had to urinate frequently and when I did it never bothered me?
  • Options
    BRogers24 said:
    @NamelessAria I was really hoping such a light AF might mean a BFP but that was just wishful thinking! But I'm glad to know I'm not alone. Thanks for the info that does help!! @emilyIRL thanks for the reply!
    Kudos for admitting that!

Welcome to the world of light AF :) I have similar periods, I get one day of what I class as heavy bleeding for me, although for others they may class it as medium, or even light. And then it goes light/very light and only lasts 3 days. 

I havent every checked my cervis so soon after AF so unfortunatley can't help with the sensitivity issue. 

Me: 32 Him: 29 Live : London, UK
    TTC #1 since October 2015
    IVF Fresh Nov 16 = BFN
    IVF FET Jan 17 = BFP
    EDD: Oct 4th 2017
    TEAM: PINK!!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @babymish if I'm going to have an AF that was the way to go!! Lol :smile: maybe I checked to soon and should have given it a day? Still learning my body I guess..28 years later..;)