Pregnant after 35
Options

Stressful Job: Can It Harm Baby?

Hello All!
I'm a teacher who teaches Gifted Education for Kindergarten through 5th grade. I have a new student who's mom spends her day harassing me via phone, email, and goes to my administration including the superintendent. This has been going on for a week and the stress of this mom and lack of "having my back because this mom is 50 Shades Of Crazy" is killing me. Is this daily stress hurting my baby? I'm 37 and this is my first baby and I'm 8 weeks along.

Re: Stressful Job: Can It Harm Baby?

• Options
    I'm sorry that you're having to deal with this situation. It certainly sounds difficult, stresssful and unpleasant! Worrying about baby will add to your stress. I think that babies have been born to mothers undergoing all kinds of stress and they turn out okay. Maybe you could call your OB and check for piece of mind? Do you have people around you can vent to or who can give you some extra support during this time? I highly recommend meditation or deep breathing to relieve stress and anxiety.
    I hope helps! I wish you the best and I hope this pain in the ass goes away real soon!
  • Options
    I feel a million times better just being home and venting about her to my close friend and my fiancé. It helps so much having people who have your back:)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    that sounds awful ... i have teachers in my family and those out of control parents can be so stressful! ideally, i think we all want to do to provide our babies with a peaceful time in the womb but life doesn't always give us that luxury. thankfully, babies are tough! i'm a federal prosecutor at 15 weeks and i've had some sweat producing deadlines to meet. my little girl has been a trooper. we've had many women here at the office have families over the years and the babies have come out fine. my best friend across the street in the DA's office was handling murder trials up until she had her baby and her little one is darling. i'm sure your little peanut is doing fine. :smile:
  • Options
    Yes, remember that healthy babies are being born in war zones all over the world every day. The stress won't harm your developing baby, but it's certainly not good for YOU. I'm glad you're getting some support from your SO and friend and your medical professionals. Don't be afraid to ask for that help when you need it.
    Me: 40  DH: 43
    Married 5/30/15
    TTC #1 June 2015
    BFP #1 9/28/15, EDD 6/10/16. DS born 5/23/16!
    TTC #2 May 2017
    BFP #2 m/c 11/18/17 5w5d
    BFP #3 12/17/17 EDD 8/25/18. It's a boy!
  • Options
    I've read that job stress is fine (although, as @redheadbride15 said, I'd avoid it for your own sake). I looked it up in regards to TTC because so many people were telling me it would interfere with getting pregnant. The articles that I read said only major stress like the death of a loved one is something to be concerned about. (Again, that was for TTC, but I imagine the same applies.)
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)