Baby Showers
Options

planning a baby shower ... questions.

2»

Re: planning a baby shower ... questions.

• Options
    I am planning my own shower. I love planning parties, the food, desserts, and games - plus I'm really good at it. In the past people have helped me or thrown my bridal shower, and it never went the way I had envisioned. So, I am taking matters into my own hands.
    I designed and bought the invitations that are only going out to those family/friends who are not online; everyone else is getting an invite via the Internet from my husband (since I am making him host). I have planned the menu, desserts, games, music and decorations. Girlfriends are going to help set up tables and last minute things the day of, and my husband is going to keep my mom and his mom out of my hair before the beginning of the party. When the party begins, my husband and girlfriends will run the games and host for me, all the while I enjoy the party I really want while being taken care of by those mothers I mentioned previously.
    Yes, it is not traditional, but who cares! I rather be happy. :)
    Girl, you do you.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ETaulbee said:

I am planning my own shower. I love planning parties, the food, desserts, and games - plus I'm really good at it. In the past people have helped me or thrown my bridal shower, and it never went the way I had envisioned. So, I am taking matters into my own hands.
    I designed and bought the invitations that are only going out to those family/friends who are not online; everyone else is getting an invite via the Internet from my husband (since I am making him host). I have planned the menu, desserts, games, music and decorations. Girlfriends are going to help set up tables and last minute things the day of, and my husband is going to keep my mom and his mom out of my hair before the beginning of the party. When the party begins, my husband and girlfriends will run the games and host for me, all the while I enjoy the party I really want while being taken care of by those mothers I mentioned previously.
    Yes, it is not traditional, but who cares! I rather be happy. :)
    Girl, you do you.