1st Trimester

Powerful Eats for You and Baby

BumpCaitlinBumpCaitlin admin
edited January 2016 in 1st Trimester
We hear a lot of chatter about what foods to avoid while pregnant, but not nearly as much about the foods to seek out.

Check out our list of nutrient-packed eats to keep you and baby healthy throughout pregnancy. Which of your favorite foods made the list?

P.S. Let's take our friendship to the next level. Like us on Facebook

Re: Powerful Eats for You and Baby

• Vmedina1, click on the "our list" above and scroll down to the topic of orange juice. There is a list of others foods to try as well. Hope this helps!
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah, I'm not a huge meat eater and I LOVE fruits and veggies, but not lately! It's my first pregnancy and I'm nearly 13 weeks in. I can't get enough meat, the aftertaste of fruit repulses me, and veggies are like...yech!
    I try to eat things like pumpkin ravioli Or at least a chicken sandwich with lettuce and tomato...that's some veggies! I hate coca cola, but crave it so bad! Avocados are always good (glad I still love those!
  • Dry Fruits, Leafy greens, eggs, milk, meat and fruits.
  • I usually love Mexican food but I cannot keep it down. I also crave a lot of unhealthy fatty foods. I try as much as possible to stick to a healthy diet though. Any good recipes??? :)
  • Do you have a recipe?
  • I was expecting a longer list...but from what I did see on the list, I am fortunate to like everything on it and I don't seem to have any food aversions *yet*.

• 7 weeks and craving cheese and peanut butter!! How do we even think of things like these?!!
  • Me too and I don't know why my doctor told me to try cheese crackers and fruit
  • I literally always want chocolate, fried food or cup of noodle. It's such a problem.most stuff makes me feel insanely sick
  • Catie,

I am 5 weeks along and I am the same way. I love food and I'm usually always snacking, but now I have to remind myself to eat. At least I'm not alone! 
  • I'm 5wk+5 and just want to eat lol. Fortunately it's mainly healthy stuff I'm eating, but still the odd choc bar or crisps but I am eating green smoothies, homemade soups greens, fruits etc.
  • I take vitamin C pills and that helps your immune system
  • Take your vitamins at least and talk to your ob and see what she suggest I take my vitamins and take vitimin C which is good for my immune system I'm 5 weeks and we think we're having twins
  • O:-) good luck
  • I've got ulcers too so I gotta watch what I eat so I take my vitamins and vitamin c I'm 5 weeks today
  • This is great because after reading about all the things I shouldn't eat, I was concerned that I didn't have many options.
  • My craving is salad with ranch dressing.
  • Jodi1980Jodi1980 member
    edited November 2015
    Only 5 weeks and 4 days but I seem to have the same appetite I had before I got here. Maybe I'm in for a rude awakening. Sticking to soup, salad, chicken, fruit and veggies.
    jodi
    whitehall, pa
    every adventure requires a first step- C.C.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • How can you tell if you are having twins? Is it just a feeling you have? I am curious because I have been having dreams of multiples and they run on both sides of our families!
  • It's interesting that oj is on here - wouldn't that be a lot of sugar and not much fiber compared to an actual orange?
  • Every night, I blend a smoothie for my next day's breakfast. I add banana, carrots, beet, spinach, kale, berries, flax, chia, and hemp seeds and then add water. Once I get it down, I feel like I've already taken in lost of my daily nutrients, so I can forgive myself a little bit if the thought of veggies over lunch makes me queasy. 
  • Mine is salad and peaches
  • I'm a little under 5 weeks and the only thing that seems to turn me off so far is chicken and eggs. Other than that I love everything on that list. Especially Salmon. Yum.
  • I feel so hungry all the time and if I don't eat a small snack every hour or two I get really nauseated. Anyone else? Cravings are salad and pasta. New foods that make me nauseated any red meat.... :(
  • I'm 5 weeks along and during the day, I have literally no appetite. Then, by dinner I'm starved! Haven't really experience any aversions yet (although PB and J seems less appealing every day) ; I can still mostly eat normally but the CRAVINGS. Those have definitely started!
  • I'm a vegetarian and I'm worried about getting enough protein. Any suggestions for meat free high protein meals/snacks?