Pregnant after 35

Intro and hello from Florida

Hi Everyone,

I'm so nervous to even post...but seeing all of the beautiful support in the other threads has given me the extra little push I needed.

My husband and I are going on two weeks of shock and we're still holding our breath that this little one will stick around.  I'm 43 and my husband is 50 and this will be our first child.  With the holidays (and our advanced age =-) we completely lost track of my cycle. 

We went to the doctor on Monday estimating we were around 7ish weeks (we had been getting positive test results since Jan 7).  Based on the ultrasound, it looks more like 5-6 weeks.  We saw the gestational sac (yay!) but nothing else yet (boo!).  My first blood test came back at 10,030 and I should get my second test results tomorrow. 

Unfortunately, I've been bleeding for almost two weeks.  Rather than let ourselves get anxious and worried, we've decided to simply enjoy the process for as long as it lasts. 

I wish you all long and healthy pregnancies producing beautiful bundles of joy. 

Re: Intro and hello from Florida

• Congratulations, @AggieNut! Sounds like you two have terrific attitudes about everything! Keep up that positive spirit! Wishing you a healthy, happy pregnancy!!
  • Congratulations and I hope that you get good answers soon! It sounds like you do have an awesome attitude about everything! Glad you decided to jump in and join us. Let us know how your tests go!
  • Loading the player...
  • Hello from Florida as well!  I'll be curious to hear what happens. Good luck!
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Congratulations and welcome. I wish you the best during your pregnancy!
  • Welcome! Your positive attitude about this blessing is truly admirable. Wishing you all the best!!!
    Me: 40  DH: 43
    Married 5/30/15
    TTC #1 June 2015
    BFP #1 9/28/15, EDD 6/10/16. DS born 5/23/16!
    TTC #2 May 2017
    BFP #2 m/c 11/18/17 5w5d
    BFP #3 12/17/17 EDD 8/25/18. It's a boy!
  • Welcome! Your positivity will benefit you in so many ways, keep it up! Wishing you all the best!
  • Welcome and congratulations!  What a happy holiday surprise! :)
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Welcome!! Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly, keep up that awesome attitude!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Welcome! Sometimes we have to let go of the things we can't control and it serves us far more! Good luck with the 2nd results FX!!
  • Congrats and good luck! Your positivity surely gives you an advantage!