High-Risk Pregnancy

Help and opinions

I was diagnosed with an Archnoid Cyst just over a year ago. My doctor wanted a note saying that it would be ok to delivery regularly when the time comes so I called the nurologist and they said the doctor doesntsee pregnant patients and that shell just write the note. Should I be worried about delivering naturally? Anybody else have this??

Re: Help and opinions

• That's ridiculous that your neurologist won't see pregnant patients. You should find another neurologist that will work with you and your ob to make sure you have a healthy delivery. While I didn't have the same issue as you, I did have a subdural hematoma diagnosed at 35 weeks and I worked with 2 neurologists, the head of neurology at my hospital, an MFM and the head of anesthesia at my hospital. Likely they need to weigh whether or not you can have a spinal or epidural and whether it would be ok for you to push. Those were the concerns for me.

I had an unmedicated vaginal birth without issue. Good luck and go get that second opinion. If I wasn't so pushy I wouldn't have received the thorough care that I did. You have to be an advocate for your health and your baby's health.