September 2015 Moms
Options

High Chairs

It's a bit early... My lil guy doesn't even sit yet, but I'm starting to look at hair chairs. Have you guys decided on one? Which one? And why? Gracias

Re: High Chairs

• Options
    We have the ikea high chair-my sister recommended it and then bought it for us for Christmas lol. Haven't used it yet but pros are it is inexpensive (but not poorly made) and easy to clean!
  • Options
    We got the graco sous chef system as a gift. It has 5 different modes and I freakin love it. He's still in the newborn piece but it fits up to 20 lbs. it's a cradle vibrating thing that keeps him at counter top level and he sits in it happy as a clam while I cook and clean. And it has wheels so I can wheel him around in it if I need him someplace safe and off the floor. Then when he's eating real food (for us at 6 months) it converts to a full on highchair. And then that piece can also disconnect and attach to a normal dining room chair so he can sit at a table too. Highly recommend it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have this Fisher Price chair. It sits right on top of a chair at the table, so it's a huge space saver. It reclines so he sits in that now while we eat and he watches haha. Then it can sit upright and it comes with a tray, and then turns into a booster seat when he's bigger. Multifunctional and doesn't take up my whole kitchen!

• Options
    @mrscheetah do you have link to that chair?
  • Options
    https://m.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/spr/79046142/

The tray is $5 extra or you can buy them together for $19.99 :)

• Options
    The ikea one is very highly recommended for easy cleaning.
    I have a Peg Perego Siesta from DD1 and I've actually been using it as another place to put DD2 because it fully reclines and has a harness and I don't have to bend over to put her in. It also folds flat for space and rolls easily across wood floor. I like it because it wipes clean too.
    When DD1 was done with using it I took it in the yard and cleaned it with a stiff brush before storing and it's good as new. The only thing that was difficult to clean were the straps.
  • Options
    I have a fisher price chair like the pic above. I used it for a few months with DD1 before switching to an ikea jr chair, plan to do the same (6-9mo). We already bought a second jr chair, and I'm making a fabric harness for it. I prefer having kids at the table, and a chair is way easier to wipe down than a high chair/tray combo.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My LO loves his already. He was so happy that I let him play in it for a half hour and he was perfectly entertained lol

• Options
    We have the Stokke Tripp Trapp chair. While pricey, it's a piece of furniture that can grow with your kiddo and they last forever. My parents still have the one my sister and I used over 30 years ago. There are separate attachments you can buy (infant seat and tray) for use when they're little and then it acts as a booster and regular chair as they get older.

• Options
    We too have the ikea high chair. Simple, inexpensive, and you could just take a hose to it if need be.
  • Options
    @MW5280 I was looking at those and also the keekeroo. My mom had one that would grow with is but I can find them anywhere... At least reasonably priced.
  • Options
    @bijouxbleu it is definitely not a bargain and we were gifted it by my folks or else we wouldn't have it :-) but I'm so glad we do.

I think my mom got it through target during one of their baby sales and got a gift card (not quite a sale...but as close as you'll get?).
  • Options
    The inglesnia fast table chair is amazing. Easy to set up, sturdy, and portable :)
  • Options

I have this Fisher Price chair. It sits right on top of a chair at the table, so it's a huge space saver. It reclines so he sits in that now while we eat and he watches haha. Then it can sit upright and it comes with a tray, and then turns into a booster seat when he's bigger. Multifunctional and doesn't take up my whole kitchen!

We have this same one in a different color and love it! He's been sitting in it reclined when we eat dinner since 2 months old ... figured we might as well get him used to it early on and then we have our hands free to eat! Now that he's 4.5 months and has really good head control, he's in the upright position and we put toys on his tray for him to play with while we eat ... but lately he just stares at us as we eat :) We have 6 chairs at our dinner table and there's only two of us plus baby, so it made more sense to use one of those chairs rather than clutter up the kitchen with a big chair. And bonus, it's easily portable so we've taken it to relative's homes with us and even a restaurant (until he's old enough to use the ones at the restaurant).
  • Options
    @kabaczewski I have one similar that I received as a gift for my baby shower. Good to know! I even considered buying an actual high chair but it would definitely take up space.
  • Options
    I just bought the Peg Perego Siesta! I got a great deal! I haven't used it yet, but I will update y'all I if its worth it!
  • Options
    I got the chicco stack only around 129 and it grows with your kid too.
  • Options
    Just bought an eddie Bauer one from Target because I really wanted a wooden one, tired of all the plastic. Works great and he loves sitting in there and watching me cook