Options

Weight gain !!

28 weeks and I have gained 30lbs !!!!!
Damnnnn hahahaha !
Anyone else in the same boat !?
Start weight was 145 and im 5'7

Re: Weight gain !!

• Options
    I usually gain at least 40 during my pregnancies, so I'm right there with you. I started at 120/125 at 5'7" this time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am 28 weeks and have gained 27 lbs. I am just under 5'7" and started at 150.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    26 weeks and only 13 lbs so far... Makes me nervous, I feel like it should be more 
  • Options
    brenlo42 said:
    As someone who was near having an eating disorder as a teen, these threads need to die. OP, I am both fatter and shorter than you, and weigh more than I have in my entire life (which is hard enough to deal with). Everyone is different regardless of current or pre-preg size, and there is a huge spectrum of what is considered normal. If your doc isn't concerned, neither should you be. If your doc is concerned, follow his/her recommendations.
    THIS!!! ^^^^^ 

I have also battled with eating issues in the recent past and these threads do nothing but give me anxiety. I currently weigh more than I ever have in my life and I'm battling between being amazed at my body for growing a little human and completely disgusted with myself. 
  • Options
    Makes me feel better !!! I have thyroid probs so it makes me nervous !!
  • Options
    fourtsixand2fourtsixand2 member
    edited January 2016
    I don't mean to be rude, but congratulations....you started at a perfectly normal weight and you've put on some baby weight.
    I can't stand these kinds of posts.  While I understand it's all a matter of opinion and public forum, this is actually an insult to some of us.  
    This is a prime example of why women have body issues.  We are already insecure about our weight, then add pregnancy on top of that.  I would've loved to have started at a 'normal' weight, but that didn't happen.  Luckily, despite my being overweight, I was at a healthy stage and working out regularly.  
    But I was still overweight.  
    I often feel insecure about packing on the pregnancy pounds, but even more so when women come around laughing about it.  
    I guess my point is that there's a different way to approach this topic, rather than gloating about your start weight and making a joke of what you're gaining during pregnancy.  Just seems like an insensitive statement to laugh about amongst a lot of women who aren't feeling so secure in their own bodies.

• Options
    yodiggity said:
    Even though I just said its not the same as getting fat, this is hilarious and was one of my fave scenes when Gloria announced she was pregnant. Claire is such a B! I love to hate her!
  • Options
    If these threads get on your nerves, maybe you should not open them. There have been several, but Jesus... if you have struggled with an eating disorder and are sensitive to topics regarding weight gain, why would you click on a thread titled "weight gain!"

Uhh... duh? Long day at work I guess... but people need to calm down.
  • Options
    Geez do I feel bad for OP. While I understand that there are several threads about this already, a whole bunch of you came out of the woodwork and have been downright mean to her and ganging up on her for no real reason than your own insecurities. She was not "gloating" as one person put it, just listing the stats for those interested. If you're not interested, don't open the thread, it's that simple.

There is no reason to be so rude here.

• Options
    Yeah I don't get the hostility. I don't have an eating disorder, but I struggle with the weight I've gained and my body image. I knew I would gain weight, but coping with how my body looks now isn't easy. I assume everyone is going through the same feelings, and I don't see the problem with others reaching out to find people who feel the same way. I have no one to talk to about my weight gain, my friends and family all say the same thing "oh you look great, don't worry about it" but what I need is someone who can say "yeah, I k ow how you are feeling, its scary to see our bodies change so much and I also worry about how I will look postpartum." I assume this is what the OP is looking for too.

The only problem I see with this thread, is the OP should have lurked a bit and commented on one of the other recent weight gain threads. I also think A16 is better than stooping down to this level of snark. I imagine the OP feels like shit now, when all we needed to do was point her in the direction of other weight gain threads.
  • Options
    NOLA520 said:
    mswizzard said:
    Geez do I feel bad for OP. While I understand that there are several threads about this already, a whole bunch of you came out of the woodwork and have been downright mean to her and ganging up on her for no real reason than your own insecurities. She was not "gloating" as one person put it, just listing the stats for those interested. If you're not interested, don't open the thread, it's that simple.

There is no reason to be so rude here.

You obviously cared enough to reply, so....
  • Options
    fbanke42 said:

loveymay said:

Yeah I don't get the hostility. I don't have an eating disorder, but I struggle with the weight I've gained and my body image. I knew I would gain weight, but coping with how my body looks now isn't easy. I assume everyone is going through the same feelings, and I don't see the problem with others reaching out to find people who feel the same way. I have no one to talk to about my weight gain, my friends and family all say the same thing "oh you look great, don't worry about it" but what I need is someone who can say "yeah, I k ow how you are feeling, its scary to see our bodies change so much and I also worry about how I will look postpartum." I assume this is what the OP is looking for too.

The only problem I see with this thread, is the OP should have lurked a bit and commented on one of the other recent weight gain threads. I also think A16 is better than stooping down to this level of snark. I imagine the OP feels like shit now, when all we needed to do was point her in the direction of other weight gain threads.

I think everyone is just tired of ALL of the weight gain threads in such a sort amount of time combined with the third trimester "I'm done with everything" feeling. Yes, all of us are struggling with weight gain and body image. Comparing exact numbers will likely get anyone down, since not everyone started at a healthy weight or gained as much/little as they had hoped for this point in their pregnancy. The nice thing about Wednesday bump sharing is that you can see how pregnancy looks on different people without looking at those numbers. You get a sweet reminder than all of us are here because we are growing amazing little humans that we want to come out as healthy as possible.
    Yeah I can understand why people are tired of seeing a lot of similar threads in a short time period. I've just seen threads (not on this board) get ugly really quick, and I hope our board doesn't ever get like that.
  • Options
    Same here!!! AHHHHH exact same as you
  • Options
    I think it's safe to say that some people find posts like these annoying and they are at their wits end with them and some are fine with it and don't see why others get so upset. Let's all agree to disagree. I'm sure there will be other weight gain posts in the future.

It's a boy! Grow baby, grow! EDD: 4/22/2016

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    yodiggity said:

Was this directed at me?
  • Options
    loveymay said:
    Was this directed at me?
    Not specifically to you. It was a broad "Don't be dramatic" to everyone who came into this thread who was for and against weight gain. But mostly to the "You don't have to be rude" people because I don't think anyone was really being all that rude.