April 2016 Moms

28 weeks baby doesnt move much

vampfreak1211vampfreak1211 member
edited January 2016 in April 2016 Moms
Im 28 weeks pregnant and baby seems to sleep a lot. He kicks sometimes but not really. I have to bother him and wake him up to get some movement. My friends who are farther along had more movement when they were 28 weeks. They said the baby kicked them all night and they couldnt sleep. Mine just sleeps all day. Should i be worried? I see my doctor in two days.

Re: 28 weeks baby doesnt move much

• Definitely talk to your doctor about it, but the biggest thing to worry about with movement is if your baby's "normal" changes. Most doctors recommend starting tracking/counting kicks around the start of the third trimester, so your baseline/normal may just be significantly less than your friends' babies. Here is a group has lots of information about how and why to track kicks that you can talk about with your doctor. https://www.countthekicks.org/
    Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • There was a post recently about the babies movements and habits in utero and their personalities now being very similar. A lot of women mentioned babies that were very calm and are now laid back kids.
    I would speak to the dr about it, but I don't think it means anything is necessarily wrong.
    Maybe you will have a chill little one!
  • Loading the player...
  • My first didn't move a lot, I would feel her daily but definitely not 10 movements every two hours like kick counters recommend and she would go large chunks of time asleep. Again it's what's normal for your baby. But talk to your dr and follow momma instincts
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • I'm having twins and don't feel them very often either. Mostly when they roll around or a hard kick. But my dr sd it's bc I have an anterior placenta so it is like a cushion for their lil blows. I was jus telling my fiance tonite that I wished I could feel more of their movements
  • Some days I feel her moving around all day. Some days (like yesterday) I barely felt her at all. By about 8pm I realized I hadn't felt her all day and after a few nudges I got a bump back. I think it was because I was cleaning house all day. Her movement seems to be dependent on my movement. I have a desk job and sit all day so I'm usually getting kicked and punched all day. I feel her most in the mornings though.

They say that babies sleep 85-90% of the day in the womb.
  • My first baby did not move as much either. I would still talk to your doctor about it and see what they think. You can always drink something sugary or with caffeine to see if you get movement. I had a scare with first pregnancy late and that's what they had me do and the baby started kicking. I think it was a Sunnny D or something.
  • For me, baby sleeps most of the day and I start feeling her more often in evenings/middle of the night when I'm laying down. I also have an anterior placenta so the small jabs are not as noticeable.
  • If I drink Dr. Pepper the baby goes nuts- way more than with coffee
  • cmjenkies said:

For me, baby sleeps most of the day and I start feeling her more often in evenings/middle of the night when I'm laying down. I also have an anterior placenta so the small jabs are not as noticeable.

^samesies
  • I had two weeks off for the holidays, and spent most of it sitting down; movement city in there! Since I went back to work though I've had less movement, to the point of freaking me out a little. Reading how vastly different everyone's experiences are on here calmed me a lot though, and I mentioned it to OB on Thursday to be sure. He said you're rocking the baby to sleep all day, of course he isn't kicking! Makes sense to me! Just getting used to our new normal lol.
  • My son moved more than normal babies. But when he was born we found out that he was so active due to a major heart defect. [He's ok though. Just lots of surgeries ahead still.] But now with my daughter.... she like never moves. Except at night and early in the morning. So it's very odd and used to worry me quite a bit in the beginning. We had a fetal echo done on her hear and no defects so I'm assuming that maybe healthy babies just don't move much? I've also read that once you get to the 3rd trimester they do tend to slow down because they're running out of room. But definitely ask your doctor if you're concerned!
  • Maybe he's active at night? Every time I wake up, my baby is moving but it won't wake me up.
  • Ask your doctor. I asked mine and she casually said it's because I have an anterior placenta. It's not bad thing we just can't feel much baby movement.