Babies on the Brain

Just got burned

BelincaBelinca member
edited January 2016 in Babies on the Brain
So I have been TTC with no success so far. I am now obsessing about it for a bit pondering every twinge and weird feeling. I posted on the TTC board (title: Need some tough love) hoping someone will just tell me I'm being stupid/silly about my situation. Instead, I got a couple people telling me to take a pregnancy test and shut up.
So I guess what I am really looking for is some help in not trying to think about it while I'm waiting. Does anyone have any advise for me or am I still barking up the wrong tree?

Re: Just got burned

• Try out a new hobby, take a community or fitness class, read a book, plan a trip, weekend get away or staycation, or work on a health or financial goal. Or a few of these things. It is hard not to obsess about TTC. I have found staying busy and working toward a goal make the time pass faster.
    Married 5/21/2011
    DD 1 10/2012
    CP 9/2013
    DD 2 6/2014
    CP 3/2016        
     BFP 12/8/2016        
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I can understand you don't want to take an early pregnancy test if you think it's to early to tell. Try to find logical explanations for any kind of symptoms and try to get your mind of it by doing other things.
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Lysta85 said:
    I can understand you don't want to take an early pregnancy test if you think it's to early to tell. Try to find logical explanations for any kind of symptoms and try to get your mind of it by doing other things.
    OP had her period and apparently wants to be pregnant so badly she is hoping that we will tell her that she's pregnant, despite having had her period.

OP, I'm sorry but I'm not buying the fact that you wanted to be told you were being stupid or silly about your situation.  That's exactly what you were told.  You tried to ask in a round about way if anyone thought you could still be pregnant but really all you're doing is aggressively symptom-spotting.  This practice is ill-advised and it was really unwise of your husband to encourage it.  The fact that he suggested that "maybe it wasn't a real period and that you are pregnant" shows a shockingly low level of understanding how pregnancy works.  It was a really dim-witted thing to say, not to mention obviously gave you false hope.

You've been a member of this site long enough to know it's against the TOU to ask if you're pregnant and users were quick witted enough to spot that that's what you were doing despite your somewhat convoluted approach.  If you lurked the board or the site you would learn that symptom spotting is a losers game.  You are pregnant when you can turn a test.  Period. (No pun intended).  It can take a healthy couple up to a year to conceive so going bananas after a month is really juvenile.  

Anyway, if you are really serious about this then why don't you take the time to learn about the process and read the book everyone recommends, "Taking Charge of Your Fertility".  The knowledge in the book will calm your nerves and the education you get (and can share with your husband, who clearly needs it) will put your mind at ease during this process.  

Good luck to you, I hope you get your positive soon but if you're looking for someone to tell you you are "totes preggers" after trying for a month and getting your period, try Baby Center.    
    Or a Facebook group. They tend to tell you what you want to hear.

Also it doesn't seem like you got burned as you said. In my opinion,  It seems like you came hoping for answers and are now in a pitty party mood because you didn't get the answer you were looking for.
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Lysta85 said:

I can understand you don't want to take an early pregnancy test if you think it's to early to tell. Try to find logical explanations for any kind of symptoms and try to get your mind of it by doing other things.

OP had her period and apparently wants to be pregnant so badly she is hoping that we will tell her that she's pregnant, despite having had her period.

OP, I'm sorry but I'm not buying the fact that you wanted to be told you were being stupid or silly about your situation.  That's exactly what you were told.  You tried to ask in a round about way if anyone thought you could still be pregnant but really all you're doing is aggressively symptom-spotting.  This practice is ill-advised and it was really unwise of your husband to encourage it.  The fact that he suggested that "maybe it wasn't a real period and that you are pregnant" shows a shockingly low level of understanding how pregnancy works.  It was a really dim-witted thing to say, not to mention obviously gave you false hope.

You've been a member of this site long enough to know it's against the TOU to ask if you're pregnant and users were quick witted enough to spot that that's what you were doing despite your somewhat convoluted approach.  If you lurked the board or the site you would learn that symptom spotting is a losers game.  You are pregnant when you can turn a test.  Period. (No pun intended).  It can take a healthy couple up to a year to conceive so going bananas after a month is really juvenile.  

Anyway, if you are really serious about this then why don't you take the time to learn about the process and read the book everyone recommends, "Taking Charge of Your Fertility".  The knowledge in the book will calm your nerves and the education you get (and can share with your husband, who clearly needs it) will put your mind at ease during this process.  

Good luck to you, I hope you get your positive soon but if you're looking for someone to tell you you are "totes preggers" after trying for a month and getting your period, try Baby Center.    

------boxes-----

I am seriously confused about what the OP was going for. Maybe some regs can help me out? I haven't posted a lot or been on these boards that long, but how would random women on the internet saying "oh, yea, those symptoms definitely mean you're pregnant!" help a poster in any way shape or form? Posters telling another poster "yea, you're pregnant" does not make said poster any more or less pregnant. (General) You'll find out soon enough. Eventually you'll turn a test or you'll get your period. Why do you need to do everything in your power to try to find out or "tell" a few days or a week sooner?