April 2016 Moms

Nervous

Happy New Year, ladies! With the start of the new year, I can't help but to realize how close we all are to our due dates. I'm due April 3rd and that's right around the corner! This is my first go around being a mom. I'm also in the midst of finishing my undergraduate degree (one more year). I don't have the pleasure of having a present partner. I don't want to complain because I have an awesome support system in my family. But, needless to say, I'm freaking out as my due date approaches. Is anyone else getting nervous?

Re: Nervous

• Yes! It's been 9 years since I've given birth. I love being pregnant and feeling my baby's kicks, but once in a while I'll realize that she has to come out eventually, and then I break into a cold sweat, haha.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • This is my sixth baby, and as ridiculous as it is, I'm more nervous for this one than I have been with my others. We were sure we were done having kids, and this surprise pregnancy has really thrown me for a loop.
  • Loading the player...
  • My DD is April 30th, so I've got a little more to go than most of the ladies on this thread.

It feels like an eternity to me though! I try to break it down into smaller milestones... Viability Day, Valentine's Day, Mom's visit in February, baby shower in Feb or March... But it doesn't help. I want him here with me already :)
  • After my l&d experiences, I'm preparing for the worst and hoping for the best. Once the baby's here, I'll be fine. I'm already not sleeping at night with the littles I already have.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Bootsie327Bootsie327 member
    edited January 2016
    I'm nervous, for two reasons. 1) I've pushed out one baby already and even though everything with my induction went superbly well, it is still very difficult and painful! Before, I was blissfully ignorant about the process. Haha. Oh, and the recovery sucks, I had a 2nd degree perineal tear and severe internal tears that bled all night even after being stitched, I almost was sent to OR. And 2) I will have a 2yo at home with this new baby, so I'm not sure what to expect balancing both. Should be an adventure!

Mommy to my sweet boy, JG, born May 15, 2014

Baby #2 due 4/26/16!

• I'm getting nervous too! So far pregnancy hasn't been too much of an anxious experience for me and I've done this before. When it comes to being a FTM (previous baby was adopted) I'm so scared. I stared at his car seat for a good 20 mins thinking "there's going to be something THIS small in my life?!" It's partly being worried about baby being so dependent and how well I will be able to adapt to that, but it's mostly expectations. I've spent a lot of time dreaming about being a mom and what I want for my child. I'm nervous about when it comes time for those things to come to fruition.
  • I'm a FTM and due April 6th and I'm getting more and more nervous now that 2016 is here! Our lives will completely change and even though I'm so fortunate to have a great husband and wonderful parents that live 5 mins away it scares me to be responsible for a little person! I think it's completely natural to be nervous...having a baby is a big deal!
  • spatter1spatter1 member
    edited January 2016
    Something about the new year has me super nervous too! Like others have said its day to day for me. One day I can't wait for her to be here and the next I'm like omg no I'm not ready! Like @Missingchampagne I'm due at the end of April so I have longer than a lot of others and it feels like FOREVER to go still. We'll have to have some late-month check-ins in March and April to help us stay sane!

Edited bc I tagged the wrong person before!

• I try not to let myself think of the delivery , or else I start to get really nervous and freak out. Been there and done that once already and so I know I will get thru it but definitely know it ain't gonna be easy.
  • I'm due April 3 :)

I am nervous too and this is baby #3. I am having some complications so have even less time. I'm hoping for atleast 37 wks. My others were induced at 39 and 38 weeks because of pre e and high bp.
    Plus I will be having gall bladder surgery post partum. Taking care of three littles while post op terrifies me
  • I'm only nervous about the actual giving birth part, ftm here due April 1st. My pregnancy has been utterly miserable so far and I literally cannot wait for it to be over. I think my suffering has overridden any nervousness I would probably be feeling.
  • I'm most nervous about managing my time between DD and new LO. DD is going full on toddler: tantrums and crazy activity level. I can barely keep up now. Also dreading full on exhaustion for first few months. Ugh.
  • I was super nervous about giving birth leading up to it, and then like magic, I became very calm at 38 weeks or so. I guess I had accepted my fate.