Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Wrecked my body

Hello there! Just wondering if anyone else is still having aches and pains? My hips still hurt and get stiff. Especially if I'm sitting cross legged and nursing. Even my knees feel like they have been through battle. I feel old. :( I gained 40lbs and lost it all within 10 weeks. I was fairly active prior and during pregnancy. Now I can't find much time. Does it just take time? Thoughts?
SIGGY WARNING//TICKER WARNING//PAIF

Long of the Short:
 TTC since April 2013  DH 42 y/o I'm 30  Dh had vasectomy reversal Feb 2013 after 3 months developed scar tissue 
 First Re appt was September 2013 OOP for everything minus meds  
DH's TESE surgery December 2013
First cycle was February 2014 BFN none to freeze
 Second cycle was April 2014 BFP ending in Chemical Pregnancy none to freeze
 Third cycle June 2014 BFN none to freez
 Fourth cycle October 30th 28 retrieved, 13 mature and 12 fertilized
PICSI, assisted hatching and fresh sperm from my DH's TESE surgery used
5 FROZEN from a freeze all cycle! 
FET completed on DECEMBER 9TH!!!
Beta #1 13dp5dt BFP!! 800
Beta #2 15dp5dt 2100
Beta #3 17dp5dt 3600 
First Scan January 5th! Everything looks great! Heart rate of 121!
Second Scan January 20th. Baby Justone13 looks amazing. Heart rate of 175!
Baby Girl is due August 27th
Liv Annmarie born 8/25 7lbs 6oz 21 1/2 inches long 

Re: Wrecked my body

• Options
    My body has definitely changed after having 2 kids and I have to stay active to feel good. I know that my joints have loosened, my hips have moved and I've had to adjust accordingly.
  • Options
    My knees seem weaker for sure. I try to do some yoga stretches to help my back. I feel like I get so tight and hunchy from breastfeeding.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Have you tried using a boppy pillow to breastfeed? It's more ergonomically correct for mom. Breastfeeding is awkward at first so try to keep shoulders relaxed, use pillows to support baby, and practice sidelying while breastfeeding. Postpartum yoga is great too.
  • Options
    I was just saying this very thing to my husband yesterday. I now have arthritis in one hip and feel like I have been hit by a truck everyday. Everything aches all the time. I'm an aerobics instructor and luckily that is the only time I don't feel aches! I'm also a runner and tried to run a 10k on thanksgiving, thought it would be no big deal. Boy was I wrong! Lol. Very difficult....abs really felt it after run. I'm hoping it gets better! I realize I may never be the same, just hoping it gets better.
  • Options

Have you tried using a boppy pillow to breastfeed? It's more ergonomically correct for mom. Breastfeeding is awkward at first so try to keep shoulders relaxed, use pillows to support baby, and practice sidelying while breastfeeding. Postpartum yoga is great too.

Yes I use both the boppy and a pillow depending where I feed her. My back has been ok. Just my hips and knees always hurt
    :(

Long of the Short:
     TTC since April 2013  DH 42 y/o I'm 30  Dh had vasectomy reversal Feb 2013 after 3 months developed scar tissue 
    Beta #2 15dp5dt 2100
    Beta #3 17dp5dt 3600 

• Options
    I completely agree, there are days I feel like my whole body is arthritic! Or I've literally been hit by a bus. I do find staying active helps, I'm much less sore on work days then days off. ( I'm a nurse so lots of time on my feet, lifting and bending)
  • Options
    Your body is taxed to the hilt. Breastfeeding while wonderful for your baby wreaks havoc on your body, its why BF moms lose the weight so quickly. Its taxing. It will get better, but i'd try consuming more calories, healthy ones if you can. With weight loss that fast, you may not be consuming enough for a BFing mother.

I was forced to quit 4 weeks ago and my body feels a heck of a lot more normal, however when my baby has the occassional rough day or sleepless night, i'm right back to feeling like i've been hit by a semi.
  • Options
    I have been having aches under my belly whenever I try to sit up from lying position. I also feel it when I lie down flat and straight. It's kinda bugging me for a while. Anyone feeling the same? Baby is 13 weeks now. Does that mean i havent fully recovered yet?
  • Options
    I feel like a can't straighten up when I stand up from seated position. It seems like it takes me a few minutes to stand correctly. I feel like I'm hunched over for a bit before I can stand up straight. Irritating lol. I'm almost 20 weeks pp. I teach aerobics and started back at 8 weeks and I don't seem bothered while I'm teaching but ache afterwards. I'm assuming that I'm not fully recovered
  • Options
    @babywuwuf I never had pains like that. I would check with your ob?

@Mack2342 yes. This. Completely. I feel like an old woman

Long of the Short:
    Beta #2 15dp5dt 2100
    Beta #3 17dp5dt 3600 

• Options
    I hope it gets better! I was in pretty good shape before and felt pretty young despite being 40. Now I feel 80 lol
  • Options
    I was in great shape before I had kids. Now I am not fat, but I feel like I got steam rolled. Part of it is just getting older I think.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    The worse I have going for me, at 4 weeks PP even, is a bloated stomach and the muscles up under my ribs feeling tight and "heavy" feeling. :neutral: And those areas stay sore, because my LO loves to kick my around my stomach and lower abdomen area. Which is making the heaviness and soreness even worse! But I am still healing some. So this is all expected at the moment!
  • Options
    I feel your pain I am just the same. Baby is 5 months old and I am still going through physical aches and pain. I had a botched epidural and my dura punctured. I had a spinal headache and a blood patch. I xas a wreck for at least three months. Now I still have pressure in my head and ear and back pain where they performed the procedure. I feel old and damaged. I am trying to take it easy and take care of my body. It is hard. Hugs to you.