April 2016 Moms
Options

STM+ who used a postpartum girdle/belly binding

If you did use a postpartum girdle or did belly binding with a previous pregnancy, what did you buy? Did you like it? Did it make your organs feel like they weren't floating? I never did it with DS, and I've been debating it for this time around. I remember being really uncomfortable for a while because it did feel like my internal organs were floating around...

Anniversary

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: STM+ who used a postpartum girdle/belly binding

• Options
    ::Lurking::
  • Options
    I used and loved the belly bandit.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I tried to use it with #3, but it just wasn't practical. I ended up ripping it off while nursing, sitting, and bending over, which was pretty much all day long. When standing, it was quite comfortable. I know the organ floating feeling you speak of. It's worst for me when sleeping on my side at night.
  • Options
    I didn't do a belly binder, but I did do shrinx, it goes around you hips to bring them back in. We have the relaxin in our systems for 12 weeks post partum I think, so I wore it off and on during then. Obviously the more you wear it the better, so I made sure to sleep with it on. It worked amazingly well for me, got me back into my pre pregnancy jeans that I hadn't been able to wear in forever.
    DS 10/19/09

DD 3/14/11

BFP 8/8/12 EDD 4/20/13 MMC @ 9+ wks D&C 9/27/12

DS2 9/12/13

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I had a binder that I used after my CS, but they just gave it to me at the hospital. Idk about the organs floating feeling, but it definitely helped me feel like I was held together and helped with incision pain. I still have it and have used it as a support belt a few times with this pregnancy.
    kids with flags
  • Options
    This talk about organs floating is totally creeping me out! :(
  • Options

This talk about organs floating is totally creeping me out! :(

After everything being crammed above baby for so long, they spend some time finding their way back to their appropriate places. Not painful, but kind of weird.
  • Options
    I used a belly binder with my first one 17 years ago but not for the 2 year old. I remember it never doing anything for me the first time around and I stopped using it. The last time I asked about it with my 2 year old my doctor said they don't suggest using them anymore and if I do, it's on me. So I didn't use one and I was fine.

It's a boy! Grow baby, grow! EDD: 4/22/2016

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    As always, your experience will vary. I definitely didn't feel like my organs were floating around (!!!) and didn't consider wearing a girdle. I just didn't look at or touch my midsection for a few weeks, this technique worked surprisingly well for me. ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Lurking from O15 here ... I used the Belly Bandit and it saved my life. I'm a FTM that ended up with a C Section -- not only did it help my stomach go down so so much it made me feel like I could move confidently and not worry about my incision ... Also made me feel better about my tummy post baby :) would definitely recommended one ! (I bought two ... Large and medium)
  • Options
    I didn't use one after DDs vag delivery and also never had the "floating organs" feeling. My c/s Mom friends swear by theirs though to feel more comfortable when they sneezed etc during healing. If I have to Ec/s for some reason I'll either get one from the hospital or do a Amazon Prime 2 day ship so I have it when I'm released.
    Anniversary 
  • Options
    dayj11dayj11 member
    edited January 2016
    Yes! Yes! Highly recommend. I didn't use anything with my first and there is a HUGE difference! I used the belly bandit with #2 & #3. This time I have a bellifit. We weren't planning on a forth so I already got rid of my belly bandit and a friend gave me her bellifit. Going to see how it goes. It worked great for her. They are all the same concept. I brought mine with me to the hospital and put it on as soon as i was moved into my own room. I wore it religiously day and night for close to 3 months
    It helps with the post baby cramping. It also helped with bloating and helped me get back down to size quicker. It also helped hold everything in. After the baby everything feels like it's all in a bowl of jello. Using kidding felt more comfortable. I had all my kids natural I've heard it does wonders for those with c sections too I just have no personal experience with that
  • Options
    I used one after c-section and it did help with some of the pain. However, it often became uncomfortable by rubbing over my scar and the seam of my panties.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    AnnikaD20AnnikaD20 member
    edited January 2016
    I wore a belly binder, and liked how it felt. I threw out my back at about 8 months pregnant, and my abs were a wreck, and I just felt more stable with the binder on. I can't really say if it helped shrink things faster or not, since I have nothing to compare it to, but it was useless to help my diastasis recti resolve. I tried the belly binder, all the exercises, and still have some pretty major abdominal separation. Surgery for me (after I'm done with the baby making.) I still have my belly binder, and I'll probably wear it again this time if it feels comfortable. But I won't have my hopes up about any noticeable benefit to my abs.
    DS1 12/30/13
    Miscarriage 3/15 at 10 weeks
    BFP 7/23/15 EDD 4/3/16

• Options
    I'm not worried about shrinking back. That'll happen when it happens. I'm hoping for back support and to help alleviate the "floating organs" feeling. I'm short, so my LOs take up a lot of space... Plus I seem to have a lot of fluid (based on watching it break and just keep flowing heavily for an eternity with DS), so my poor organs are pushed to the limits.

Anniversary

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    I didn't use anything with my son but I also didn't feel uncomfortable or like my organs were floating. Sounds scary! But with my daughter my mom gave me a pair of spanks or something. Some sort of tight panties that go way up under your boobs. I'm going to try that this time just to see if it will make a difference. I totally understand the babies taking up all your room! I'm tall but my torso is so short. I'm a lot smaller with her than I was with my son so I wonder how that will effect anything.