February 2016 Moms
Options

Maternity Photos

My search feature is broken...

Have we already started a thread to AW our maternity photos? If not, anyone want to start? Has anybody not gotten theirs get?

Re: Maternity Photos

• Options
    I have yet to do maternity pics. I'm 34 weeks today and I'm waiting till I'm bigger. I got mine done at 40 weeks with my third baby but I definitely don't want to wait that long again. I want to order a gown, so hopefully within the next couple of weeks they are scheduled and shot.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Twindling You look radiant! I love the dress. It's one of my favorite colors!
  • Options
    @Twindling beautiful pictures and family.

Im doing mine at 36 weeks im barely showing now and just about 34 weeks. Im thinking of pushing it back to 38 weeks. Depending on weather im hoping we can do some of them outside. I am planning on topless photos (with my husband) just to have since im loving my pregnancy body!
  • Options
    Cute pics ladies
  • Options
    love all these- I haven't done any yet, nor have I booked them so maybe we won't be doing them. Seeing these makes me want to though!

*Kate*

February 2016

• Options
    I love them all! DH and I did our own around 24 weeks, so I wasn't huge yet. I haven't booked anything yet but may end up doing more later on ourselves again. I'm mobile, but maybe if I'm feeling ambitious I'll post some later :)
  • Options
    I wasn't planning on doing these but now I definitely want to! Your pics look great, girls. I would LOVE to do an earth mama ethereal flower crown look, but it's winter in NYC so the setting doesn't quite fit... Hmmm.
  • Options
    I love these all so much!! I think I've decided that I need to choose between maternity and newborn due to money... So I think we will be doing newborn. I thought maybe for next baby since I won't be doing any showers or anything I'll get maternity photos as something special and get newborn photos as well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise BFP! 06/08/15
    Nadine GraceMarie  02/10/16
    Diagnosed with placenta increta post delivery: emergency partial hysterectomy - cervix and ovaries still intact 
    Gestational surrogacy or adoption TBD

• Options
    I think I found the reason k never got the pregnancy glow.. It went to all of you ladies!! You guys all look amazing!

And @g0lightly8706 I'm definitely feeling the whimsical vibe! The photos came out great!
  • Options
    @thisusername aw thank ya!! I was trying super hard not to turn as blue as my dress! :D
    Married: 8/25/12
    Started TTC: 1/1/14
    BFP: 6/1/15
    Baby Girl Athena Born: 2/7/16

• Options
    @MrsSmithA
    Where did you get that dress?

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @MrsSmithA
    it's from pinkblush - it barely covered my boobs though so i had to wear a cami underneath
  • Options
    MrsSmithA said:
    @MrsSmithA
    it's from pinkblush - it barely covered my boobs though so i had to wear a cami underneath
    LOL. Mine are like an I so nothing covers them. I am in love with that dress though. I must have it. I'm off to find it.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    We aren't doing them this time around! But wanted to say all of yours are awesome :smiley:!!!
  • Options
    @flowerintherain love your pics, I want to take some like that just me and DH maybe on our own :smile: I don't think we'll have the time/$ to get any professionally done at this point
  • Options
    @Kimbarbour08
    Thank you!! :smile: It's worth the memories to do some, even if you do them on your own. We found our photographer on Facebook and ended up getting a great package deal.. Only $200 for both maternity and newborn session.
    October 2017 May siggy challenge - Parenting fails

DS-02/25/16
    Pregnancy #2-Due 8/24/17 MMC-01/09/17
    DD-Due 10/24/17
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

cvolkmar Sooo cute! I love them.. Very unique maternity and super sute horses.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Is it super sketchy to get them done somewhere like Picture People? I see that they do maternity pics. The only photographer I can find (that does maternity and has responded) charges $400 for the session and 5 (!) digital images. I get that professionals cost money, but we just can't do that right now.

On the other side of it, how easy are DSLR cameras to use? I'm really not looking for super fancy maternity pics (but better than iPhone ones, that's for sure!) and H has been asking about getting a new camera for about 2 years. Costco has a Canon EOS Rebel T5 for $500 that we could split three ways (my acct, his acct, joint acct) to make it more financially feasible and then maybe we could do some pics with that?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    VitaLuna said:

Is it super sketchy to get them done somewhere like Picture People? I see that they do maternity pics. The only photographer I can find (that does maternity and has responded) charges $400 for the session and 5 (!) digital images. I get that professionals cost money, but we just can't do that right now.

On the other side of it, how easy are DSLR cameras to use? I'm really not looking for super fancy maternity pics (but better than iPhone ones, that's for sure!) and H has been asking about getting a new camera for about 2 years. Costco has a Canon EOS Rebel T5 for $500 that we could split three ways (my acct, his acct, joint acct) to make it more financially feasible and then maybe we could do some pics with that?

We just bought a new camera and they're super easy to use. Most of the time you can stay on Auto and it'll adjust everything for you. We got a great deal right before Christmas and used it as our presents to each other. We're really excited to take pictures of the LO!
  • Options
    JMarie1291JMarie1291 member
    edited January 2016
    @VitaLuna ..... Try finding photographers through facebook pages. Thats how they advertise these days. I won't post mine due to last name in them and I don't like putting face all over the bump boards. I paid 125 and got 15 edits on a flash drive all prints are extra. I've never heard of anyone charging more then 200 and I live in Chicago. Ours were reasonably priced and professionally done. Ask friends that have got photos taken who they used. You have to know someone who has a good photographer connection or look on fb pages like I said!
  • Options
    VitaLuna said:

I don't think a dslr is necessary. IMO most of the "professional" photos look that way because of photo editing or filters. Unless you need some high resolution to blow up the image to 30x30 or something that's my two cents!