Babies on the Brain
Options

Trying for baby #2

My husband had a vasectomy May 2014, I got pregnant January 2015, we're wondering if I will be able to get pregnant again?

Re: Trying for baby #2

• Options
    Um...what? I'm so confused.
  • Options
    After my husband's vasectomy in May of 2014 I became pregnant with our first child in January of 2015. We would like a second child, but we are unsure if I will be able to get pregnant again. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh! Well obviously the vasectomy didn't work but I would definitely ask a doctor. I'm not trying to be rude but how in the world would anyone here know the answer to that question???????
  • Options
    It's quite possible I'm not the only person that this has happened to. Also I'm pretty sure doctors and nurse have children, and would be apart of such a board. 
  • Options
    Ask your urologist.
  • Options
    It's quite possible I'm not the only person that this has happened to. Also I'm pretty sure doctors and nurse have children, and would be apart of such a board. 

Fair enough.

I would much rather get a medical opinion from own doctor instead of strangers on the internet that might have experienced something similar because their history plays no part in my reproductive chances.

• Options
    He should consult his urologist like @als1982 suggested. That being said, from my research, I have read that it can take 6 months for a vasectomy to be 100% effective. January could have been within that time frame depending on when it was done and when you got pregnant. Did he have the follow up tests to make sure it was successful and to check if there were sperm in his ejaculations?
    Married 5/21/2011
    DD 1 10/2012
    CP 9/2013
    DD 2 6/2014
    CP 3/2016        
     BFP 12/8/2016        
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    We just decided we wanted another child this weekend, which is why I wanted to see if something similar had happened to anyone else. I know that he went to one of his appointments for his sperm count, but I'm not sure about the second, I didn't see anything come in the mail from the urologist. He's making an appointment with his doctor.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    My husband had a vasectomy May 2014, I got pregnant January 2015, we're wondering if I will be able to get pregnant again?

I believe this is a question for your doctor.

Edited to add - just saw where you said he's making an appointment with his doctor. Best of luck with his appointment.
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @baseball08 I am glad he made an appointment with his doctor.
    Married 5/21/2011
    DD 1 10/2012
    CP 9/2013
    DD 2 6/2014
    CP 3/2016        
     BFP 12/8/2016        
    BabyFruit Ticker