TTC After a Loss

TTC after loss, over 35 & classical c-section

Lovefor5inIDLovefor5inID member
edited January 2016 in TTC After a Loss
Does anyone have any suggestions for trying to conceive after 35, and a classical c-section? It took us a year to get pregnant with Griffin (we lost at 27 weeks). I just finished progesterone (12 day). I am not good at detecting ovulation (I use apps, BBT, and watch symptoms) but don't think I ovulate regularly. I have clomid to try but wanted to try other natural methods to increase ovulation and egg quality. I am getting older and don't have a lot of chances left. Please help wonderful friends?

Re: TTC after loss, over 35 & classical c-section

• Please only use clomid if you are being monitored by an RE. This thread explains why: https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/comment/88232159#Comment_88232159

I read a book called Making Babies by Jill Blakeway and Sami David, an acupuncturist and a RE, about their experiences treating infertility. They have quizzes in there that you can take to determine your fertility type, then make recommendations for things you can do to improve your fertility (diet, lifestyle, supplements, etc.). It took us 15 months to conceive between pregnancies, but I got the last BFP within two months of reading this book and starting to follow their recommendations.
    me 30; DH 35
    TTC since May 2014.
    Aug 2014 BFP, EDD April 22, 2015. Low progesterone, started suppositories. Loss at 5w6d.
    Nov 19, 2015 BFP at 13 dpo, EDD July 29, 2016. MMC discovered 12/29 (9+4). Natural miscarriage 1/16 (12+1).
    AMH results 0.42, 1.2; FSH 12.1, AFC 10, dx DOR. 
    RPL testing results normal. Nurse recommended progesterone suppositories in TWW.
    Clomid + trigger + TI cycle August 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Femara + trigger + TI cycle December 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Short LP (8 days).
    Acupuncture & Chinese herbs starting January 2017, lengthened LP to 10 days 

Summer 2016 LFAF awards: 

Winter 2016/2017 LFAF awards:

• Are you seeing an OB or an RE? What do they  have to say?

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
    BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
    BFP #3 11/2015, CP
    BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016

• Loading the player...
  • @Lovefor5inID I am hardly a role model in terms of either knowledge or track record (what emoticon works best for a weak and awkward smile?), and we are not yet committed to TTC, but I have ordered a copy of Taking Charge of Your Fertility as well as It Starts With the Egg, have downloaded Fertility Friend app, ordered Wondfos, and am taking vitamins.

@AL_TwinCities I will have to check out that book Making Babies.
  • Thank you! I will look into it, not getting any younger...I appreciate it
  • Yes I have an OB, and will be monitored if I have to take clomid, just wanted alternatives if available.
  • I think my OB realizes that conceiving has been difficult and that I am getting older so if I don't concede within six months we will try this. I was just hoping to find something in the meantime.