Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Should I move my son's room for nursery or not?

I'm having a hard time deciding what to do with the new baby coming. Our house is set up with two bedrooms across the hall and one in the very back thru the kitchen. I had originally felt that we would move my 3yr old to the back of the house and create a cool "Thomas" theme room for him so he felt special and not like we were taking away his room and banishing him or something. Plus we figured we would give him 2mo to get use to his new room before baby comes.

Now I'm thinking that even though it's a ways to walk during late night cries, maybe having baby in the back would be better since its away from the living room where my son likes to play (he's not the quietist child.) that way the baby is away from the chaos and loud noises. Not that we plan to be super quiet, we never were with my son but I'm not sure how he will be with new baby.

If you have two kids, did your toddler wake up the baby a lot? I need to make a decision soon so I can start the decorating etc.

Re: Should I move my son's room for nursery or not?

• Options
    We were going to move my 2 yr old DD to the other bedroom and put DS in her room, but ended up putting him in the other bedroom and keeping her in her room. I didn't want to disrupt her any more than necessary. Right now, at almost 3 weeks old, DS sleeps through everything, but when he's older, that may change. I'd probably keep your 3 yr old's room where it is and put the baby away farther, just in case.

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Thank you redfallon, I think that's what we're going to do too now that I think about it.