Trouble TTC
Options

Advice wanted on potential cyst

So ladies, 2016 hasn't started as hoped!

Last Monday (4th) I started spotting for a couple of days (not unusual for me). Had light flow in the weds (6th), so started my 100mg clomid. However, the folowing two days (thu & Fri) there was no bleeding at all, it was like AF had disappeared, no cramps, nothing.

Called hospital for advice on Thursday as something didn't seem right (pregnancy test was neg on weds). They called me in for a scan, the nurse said my lining was thicker than usual but not as thick as they'd think if pregnant. She thought I'd ovulated but after bloods and chatting to Dr it would seem that there's a cyst on one ovary.

Got another scan booked for this Fri which will be day 10 from first day only light bleeding, however, I'm still lightly bleeding 8 days after spotting started. Has anyone had this before?

Dr said there were two options to prescribe provera or to carry on with clomid (after missing one day to wait for blood results) & scan again this week. He recommended the second option, so that's what I did.

Re: Advice wanted on potential cyst

• Options
    What was your E2 on the bloodwork?   Also when they did your first scan, did they see a cyst, or did they tell you the size of your ovaries? 

Married for 7 years, TTC for 4 years
    dx:  Diminished Ovarian Reserve
    2 Clomid IUI's + 4 injectable IUI's= 5 BFNs and 1 mc

• Options
    @GoldenKeys
    I don't know.
    I had one cycle tracked and scanned and my follicle grew very quickly around day 24-26. The Dr said that I could take 2 cycles away with me and wouldn't need scanning, so I haven't had any scans this cycle.

Also, it's probably worth noting I'm in the UK under NHS care.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had a cyst after my second Clomid + IUI cycle, discovered at my baseline ultrasound at the start of my next cycle.  My RE was comfortable having me go right into another cycle w/Clomid so long as the cyst was not producing estrogen (which it wasn't, so I went on Clomid again).  It sounds like you may not have all of that info?  
    About me:
    /loss mentioned/
    TTC#1 July 2014
    dx: MFI (morphology)
    IUI #1 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Sept. 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #2 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Halloween 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #3 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Thanksgiving 2015 ~ BFP!!
    hb 146 bpm at 7w5d
    1/28/16 ~ began to say goodbye to our beautiful baby at 11w 
    d&c, followed by cytotec
    TTCAL April 2016
    IUI #4 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Apr. 2016 ~ BFN
    IUI #5 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ CP
    IUI#6 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ BFN
  • Options
    Are you seeing an RE (reproductive endocrinologist)? They should be monitoring you throughout your cycle when taking fertility drugs.

How many cycles have you used clomid? 
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    TTC #1 - Nov '14
    BFP 2/3/16  EDD 10/16/16
    DS born 10/18

LFAF: Frankly Disturbing
  • Options
    @BrightenMySky that's really helpful, thanks! I have another appointment tomorrow and scan so will ask more questions then.

@missteacherlady16 I can remember what cycle of clomid this is (that sounds really bad, but I had a break in the middle whilst I waited for a referral and then the Dr said he'd start over again). I'm under care at a centre for reproductive medicine and fertility, so am definitely under the care of the correct people.
  • Options
    @BrightenMySky that's really helpful, thanks! I have another appointment tomorrow and scan so will ask more questions then. @missteacherlady16 I can remember what cycle of clomid this is (that sounds really bad, but I had a break in the middle whilst I waited for a referral and then the Dr said he'd start over again). I'm under care at a centre for reproductive medicine and fertility, so am definitely under the care of the correct people.
    Well, since it doesn't sound like your doctor went over any of this with you, you have a max LIFETIME use of 6 months with clomid. It can cause irreparable thinning of your uterine lining (among other side effects).

Be careful with that stuff. 
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    TTC #1 - Nov '14
    BFP 2/3/16  EDD 10/16/16
    DS born 10/18

LFAF: Frankly Disturbing
  • Options
    You're not supposed to start clomid on day one of your cycle.
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• Options
    @TheBorg7of9 it was technically day 3 as the spotting counts as day 1 & 2.

@missteacherlady16 thanks, I did know that 6 cycles was maximum- I haven't got to 6 yet.
  • Options
    @SmileyMcGee Every doctor seems to operate differently, but did the doctor currently treating you tell you spotting counted as day 1? My RE stated that only a full flow would count as CD1, which it seems is the same thing told to several others on here. I just wanted to double check you and your dr are on the same page re CD1.

Good luck the rest of you cycle!
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
    Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
    Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
    One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"
  • Options
    @riveridgional yes, was told spotting was day 1.
    Had more scans since and the "cyst" seems to have disappeared and we're just waiting on a follicle to become recruited at the moment.