2nd Trimester

C reactive proteins

I had a blood test done and had very high(78) levels of c reactive proteins.. I'm only 15 weeks pregnant but at the time I was only 13 weeks. Should I be worried?

Re: C reactive proteins

• Should probably ask your doctor....

• Loading the player...
  • The on call doctor had no idea what that even meant.. Just told me to schedule an appt for Monday. I was just wondering if anyone else has had a similar test result.
  • Usually If there was an issue they would call you instead of just hand over results. I would just wait until Monday and call your regular nurse or OB
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• You really have to ask your doctor- high CRPs can be attributed to a fairly wide range of things
  • It's a sign of inflammation or infection. It's very unspecific.
  • It's a sign of inflammation or infection. It's very unspecific.
    This. I have rheumatoid arthritis and my CRP is always high. I've had one normal level (4.8) in the last 10 years, and I have blood tests every 3 months. My doctor stopped testing the CRP because it's always high and has no correlation with how I feel. 

I'm concerned that the on call doctor had no idea what it meant. I suppose if it's an OB, inflammation markers might not be their specialty, but they did go to medical school right?