TTC after 35
Options

TWW Week of Jan 11th-17th

Hi everyone! This is a two week wait post for anyone who is or soon will be in the TWW. Tell us how many DPO you are, when/if you'll test, and any symptoms that have you wondering if this is THE month!  Also feel free to add anything special you're doing (or not doing) during the TWW to better your chances, and really anything TWW related that you'd like to comment on.   If you haven't already made a separate intro, please first do so in a separate discussion thread so we can get to know you!

*I tweaked the post a little this week. Hope that's ok! Also, does anyone want to volunteer to do a grad update post in the next week or two? The last person to do it (and her successor) are now grads :)

Re: TWW Week of Jan 11th-17th

• Options
    I'm 14dpo today, no sign of AF.
    Mild twinge-like cramping, sinus headache/migraine going on 4 days. Some breast tenderness, high cervix, creamy/watery cm.

BFN at 13dpo, so I don't know what's going on.
    I'm gonna wait another day or two and if no AF I'll test again.

I used progesterone cream again this month, and had a lot of symptoms up until this morning.
    Scratching my head over here....
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So exciting @Piperella!
    Best of luck to you! Fingers and toes crossed and lots of sticky baby dust! Xoxo
  • Options
    I am 6 or 7 DPO (my sleep has been terrible so I'm not 100% sure my crosshairs aren't a day off). I ordered Wondfo's off Amazon and am waiting for them to arrive. If they are here I will probably test at 10 DPO.

As for symptoms, I have a cold sore while I haven't had one in like 2 or more years. I know that's not a real sign, but still... It's still early so I don't have much else on the way of signs. I'm just trying to not get too nervous and excited and impatient.

@thistle8677 - sorry things are unclear. Hopefully 13 DPO was just too early!
    @Piperella - Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Options
    Best of luck @MollySm !
  • Options

Exciting week for you @Piperella! Will be thinking of you and keeping my FX!

I'm 6dpIUI. The earliest I plan to test is next Monday so doing nothing but waiting this week. I'm keeping my feet warm since I remember somebody on here mentioning it was important....Not sure if it really makes a difference, but I figure having warm feet is nice regardless ;) I'm also adhering to all the "don'ts" on the list the RE gave me. Specifically no alcohol. Feeling super moody today, but that's nothing new.

• Options
    Best of luck @BernieRae
    Fingers crossed for you xo
  • Options
    Fingers crossed that this is it for you @KLake42!
    Xoxo

I'm out AF came in the middle of the night.
  • Options
    aw, sorry @thistle8677
    DD 6/2007
    DS 4/2009
    m/c 11/12/2010 ~ 7 wks
    m/c 7/4/2012 ~ 6 wks
    DD 12/2013
    mmc Baby Girl 7/12/2015 ~ 14 weeks  <3
    Twin girls! 8/26/2017

• Options
    I'm sorry @thistle8677. I'm either really happy or really sad when AF comes to visit. Just another step on your path. Wishing you a quick AF so this next cycle be the one.
  • Options
    Thank you @Piperella.
    We got some bad news tonight from my man's dr.
    His already significantly low testosterone just plummeted in half. He's supposed to go see another endocrinologist. The last one blew him off, and the rheumatologist was equally dismissive until he got a positive ANA test. He has all the work up for lupus.

So we have second rheumatology appt with a new dr. in a couple of weeks, but I'm really trying to push for an RE.
    I think they will deal with his hormones and genetic testing right away.
    He's feeling defeated and very upset with me for pushing the issue of fertility, but I really think they will help him and give us answers so he can get help and so that we know if we have a chance at having a baby or not.

The past 18mo has all been a lot of loss and a lot of heartache. Sorry to be so down. I feel like I don't belong anywhere. I need to know so I can stop hoping and so I can start healing.
  • Options
    Thank you @sinnet xoxo
  • Options

@thistle8677 So sorry you guys are going through all of this :( I sure hope you can get some answers soon. It's tough feeling in limbo and not having a clear idea of what the future holds. 

@KLake42 Sorry things didn't go as planned with IVF this cycle. I read your post on the weekly check in discussion about the wonky timing for today's IUI. I could go nuts trying to analyze IUI timing. I waiver between thinking mine have bee too late or too early. The whole thing baffles me. Who knows, maybe this wonky timing is what your body needed the whole time! I'm just going to cross my fingers and be hopeful for you!

• Options
    Aw, so sorry @thistle8677 :(
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @thistle8677 I'm so sorry you're going through this. I do think a RE (endocrinologist specializing in reproduction) might be more focused on finding out what's happening with him. It's a very results-oriented field, so they may be more aggressive in getting to the bottom of things. But I also understand his frustration, to know something is wrong but not get a clear diagnosis. I'll keep you both in my thoughts.
    Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)

• Options
    @thistle8677 so sorry. I hope you get some answers soon.

I am 13 dpo. AF due in the next couple of days. Low expectations for a positive ( but you never know...) - mostly hoping to see my cycle get back on track post all the meds.
    Me (42) w/ partner for 16+ years
    TTC #1: 11/2012 - 9/2013; 6/2014 - present
    Follistim + TI (3x): All BFNs
    Follistim + IUI (1x): BFN 
    IVF #1: 17 retrieved,15 fertilized, Day 3: 15, Day 5/6: 3 biopsied
    Result; 1 frozen blast (inconclusive PGS results)
    IVF #2; ER: 6/22 16 retrieved, 6/25: 5 transferred (CP), 2 frozen
    FET 9/17: BFN
    Current FET -- Transferred 2 day-3 embryos - BFN

• Options
    I'm sorry, @thistle8677. That sounds so stressful for your guy (and you). :(  
  • Options
    BernieRaeBernieRae member
    edited January 2016
    @Piperellla - how did it go on Friday?!