March 2016 Moms

Nursery Photos!

Re: Nursery Photos!

• @eivaska I'd like to think ill store them somewhere pretty but the bows and headbands are likely being thrown in the top drawer with my DS's gender neutral bandana bibs.
  • @Jessimuca this is a good idea as well!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyName Tickerimage
    htXwtovaTJdpYWdwarEkJHzEUSRecZJa_lgjpg 
  • Loading the player...
  • Ordered it off of eBay!
  • szabodyn said:
    All done with the nursery, such a relieve!! Now the long wait.....

Soooooo this is the most adorable little nursery! You seriously have an eye for design. Snaps to you girlfriend!

Me: 29  DH: 31
    Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• Aww thanks @flowerpower5838, I've spent more time on her room than all the other rooms in my house combined! haha
  • szabodyn said:
    Aww thanks @flowerpower5838, I've spent more time on her room than all the other rooms in my house combined! haha
    I love your floor lamp and have been looking for something similar - where did you find it?

Caitlin 4.17.11     Madeline 10.20.13

• szabodynszabodyn member
    edited January 2016
    @Christine&Chris it's from target!
  • Perfect! Thank you :)

Caitlin 4.17.11     Madeline 10.20.13

• I miss target : (
    I'm Canadian and target was a massive failure up here for many reasons but it was my favourite store. I'm not entirely sure how I'm going to do our nursery without it. We stocked up on home decor essentials before they left (lamps, area rugs, baskets, pillows) but this time around I'll have to make due without cheap stylish crib sheets and other stuff.
  • I LOVE seeing all these pics!  I'm hoping our crib and dresser will be delivered/set up this weekend- so maybe I can add a pic or two :) And since my two will be sharing a room- it will be neat to see how that comes together, being a boy/girl room.
    February Siggy Challenge- Post pregnancy indulgences

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We ordered the crib and changing table today! Also found a stellar deal on a glider at a second hand store. So excited for them to get here so I can join you ladies!

• Question: we finished painting the nursery on December 23rd.  Since then we have gone between having a fan with the window open, to having the room door open, to me even putting a cut open onion in there.  I think it still absolutely wreaks of paint, is that just the smell of paint, what can I do to fade it, I'm not sure what to do.  I don't want to put the mattress or clothing in there until the paint smell is gone, but I'm at a loss for what else to do.  Don't get me wrong it is better,. but definitely not gone.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • I would ask a local paint store for advice.  You might need to repaint with some sort of sealant or a low VOC paint.  VOC paint is formulated for infant rooms, etc. and comes in many brands.  Be careful though, because according to our local store it's actually the color mixture that you add to the paint to tint it that contains the VOC.  They told us the brighter/bolder tones contain more of the VOC - so we actually went with more toned down versions of what I originally intended for our walls and furniture.  We painted near the beginning of my pregnancy, but I knew I would be around it during the application so we went low VOC.  I don't remember it having any smell, and we filled the room right away.  Don't quote me on any of this, just passing what I was told along - but a local store should be able to help you. 
  • @alligreer88 does your partner think it reeks too?? I'm ridiculously sensitive to smells when pregnant and could definitely see me waiting a few weeks.
    I might try a dehumidifier in there. The painters at our office used those.
  • It's really odd that the room still smells that strongly.  You didn't use an oil based paint or anything did you?  Most latex paints are fairly low VOCs, although like PP mentioned the more deep the color the more it will smell, but I can't imagine the smell lasting more than a few days at most.  Otherwise what you're doing sounds about right, leaving the windows open and running a fan, and you should also leave the door to the room open.
  • lightroxlightrox member
    edited January 2016
    Try baking soda in the room put 4 boxes one in each corner and closing the door. It should absorb most of the order in a few days. If not repaint with a low VOC sealant hopefully that will get rid of the smell. Goodluck
  • @bntfroggie I second the baking soda suggestion. That stuff will soak up anything. Even cat pee. So it's your best bet.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• No it is regular latex paint. I'll try the baking soda, I think it is lingering because we mostly have the doors shut and windows closed because it is winter outside and was making everything damp.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • We went out yesterday and bought so many things for the nursery! I'm so excited. :) I'm hoping to have some photos to show you all next week, as it's being painted this weekend. Progress! FINALLY.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @cmerribury YAY!!! And before the deadline, too!! Can't wait to see everyone's spaces come together.

Me: 29  DH: 31
    Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• Cassie57 said:
    Baby Girls room is officially done! Even started washing some hand me downs and putting them in the dressers. Let me explain the hearts on the wall, our 2 year old wanted to help so a few of them are not lined up right, but it kinda makes me love it more
    Gorgeous!  I love that your 2-year old helped :)
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Our family of 5 is complete!!  Love our boys!

• Parker16772Parker16772 member
    edited January 2016
    Cassie57 said:
    Baby Girls room is officially done! Even started washing some hand me downs and putting them in the dressers. Let me explain the hearts on the wall, our 2 year old wanted to help so a few of them are not lined up right, but it kinda makes me love it more
    Very sweet! Love it!

I am pretty much done with our nursery and need to post an update!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • skruhmin said:

@arcanejinx we were gifted a new brown leather lazy boy style chair for our nursery and were very grateful but also didn't fit our furniture style (we shy toward modern) or the colour scheme but I was surprised how a fun pillow and throw totally made me love it! We are lucky because brown is such a neutral colour.

Your back will thank you. I love my leather rocker recliner.
    My mother had an old lazy boy in my nursery as well. She was wondering what type of rocker I was going to buy but said Dad gave me his old chair (he upgrades every 2-5 years) and she said perfect! You will be so comfortable. Which is true, typically I can't sit in a lazy boy without falling asleep-I assume a leftover from childhood. I have a nice grey blanket and some fun pillows so it will fit right in.
    DD: Beatrix Louise aka BeeBop. April 2 2016. H.I.E Warrior <3
  • Well I was hoping to post a few pic here tonight, but our crib was missing some key screws (it's a hand me down crib that we painted). DH and dad went to 3 hardware stores to try and find the proper screws and there are none that match. My dad said he would bring one to a metal shop to try and get them to make a few more from scratch. What a pain in the butt!!! :s:'(

Our hand me down crib is missing two key screws too!!! I hope DH can find replacements!!! Otherwise..... Oh well I really hate the style of the crib! Shhh! But it was free! Lol

Getting serious nursery envy. I desperately wish we had one.
  • @cmerriburythe wall color looks great with the carpet!  And I love those drapes.
  • @smushi Thanks!! After this comes more furniture and lots of fun pops of color. Downplaying the carpet is my biggest challenge (I know it's subjective, but it is not my favorite) so we will be adding a huge black and white geometric rug as well.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Coming from a house with blue carpets, I know the struggle all too well :)
  • cmerribury  I love how the color turned out!

@jmathi0149 - So cute! That wall color is beautiful!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @jmathi0149 it's people like you who make me want to redecorate my very useful Team Green, gender neutral, about to be used for the third time nursery. ;) Your nursery looks fabulous!
    It's a boy! Born 42 weeks, 2 days.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have a question! I'm just now starting to think about nursery furniture and I'm wondering how necessary a changing table really is. I feel like it's not something you really neeeeeeed, but is it nice to have? Or just if I want to? Working with limited space so I'm curious to hear what you all think. Thanks ladies.
  • annawestt said:

I have a question! I'm just now starting to think about nursery furniture and I'm wondering how necessary a changing table really is. I feel like it's not something you really neeeeeeed, but is it nice to have? Or just if I want to? Working with limited space so I'm curious to hear what you all think. Thanks ladies.

I used a dresser with a changing pad on top. That was a necessity for me.
  • I don't think change tables are necessary but I think a change area is. We use a dresser + keekaroo peanut changer. This works for us because we always change in the nursery, where we live in a small flat we wouldn't have a reason to change anywhere else. If I had a 2 story house w basement rec room id probably have a cheapie baby change pad (actually likely a towel) and a little plastic caddy with changing essentials.
    Personally I think the tables are kinda useless piece of furniture to buy. I'd rather spend the money on a nice dresser (top drawers can hold the diapers). We cloth diaper which needs more space so we have a small 4 drawer wicker-style storage unit (size of tall nightstand) right beside the dresser. All items will be repurposed around the house once the kiddos are potty trained.

• Finally :) after shopping this morning igot baby's half of the room done! Of course Sissy's side is now a big mess...again. She is such a pig!
    February Siggy Challenge- Post pregnancy indulgences

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers