Pregnant after a Loss

Needing prayer

Hi ladies, i just found out i am 5 wks pregnant. I of course am worried since i miscarried back in October 2015 at 9 weeks. My first pregnancy was successful and i have an almost 2 year old son. But for some reason my second didn't work. I'm wondering if it was from the lovenox shots i was taking. But i am just in need of prayer to calm my soul and just enjoy the pregnancy. Thanks ladies.

Re: Needing prayer

• I will pray for you! Those first several weeks were the toughest for me. I had two mc in 8 months prior to this pregnancy and no successful pregnancies so nerves and anxiety were bad! You should start to feel better as your pregnancy progresses. There is always some fear in the back of my mind but i am over that hump. When do you see your dr?
  • Like ALC08, I also had 2 losses this year and have no children. I was so nervous this time, but now I'm 12 wks pregnant with a little girl!  Try to relax for now, and every time you get good news, let it calm you and give you hope. Good luck!
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Loading the player...
  • Thank you ladies. I'm sorry for your losses and i wish you great success with your pregnancies. And ALC08 my first official doctors appointment is not until January 25th. It seems so far away. I hope i get a scan and see the heart beat. I'm just get worried when my symptoms come and go. Thank you for your encouraging words.
  • Get your mind distracted, find some hobbies or things to do, and the time will go by! I know that waiting for the next appointment is killer. 4 weeks seems so long in between appointments! Some days will fly by and others will crawl. But if I can get myself distracted I feel better. And when I am getting stressed out and worried, I like planning for the baby. I feel like the more confidence I put in this pregnancy, the better I feel about it.

Losing a pregnancy is AWFUL and I think losing one without a reason is even worse. I believe if they had been able to tell me why I lost the first pregnancy, perhaps I wouldn't be so worried this time. 17+ weeks along now though and tomorrow I'm going for my anatomy scan. Nervous but excited! You will do great and I send so many positive thoughts to you that your weeks keep adding up and your sweet baby keeps growing right along.
  • Prayers being sent.  I had a miscarriage in March of 15.  Nothing can prepare you for that heavy blow.  I agree with PPs try and distract yourself, but unfortunately for us PGAL gals the worry will always be there especially in the beginning.  Let us know how your appointment goes on the 25th.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Thank you ladies i will try my hardest to stay detracted. It just gets hard at times. But i can do it. I have confidence in this pregnancy. I will update you about my appointment.