Multiples
Options

Quads!

Hi all!  I just wanted to introduce myself.  My husband and I have been struggling with the decision to reduce or to keep all 4 babies and yesterday we came to the decision to keep them all.  It's going to be a challenge but one we are ready for.  I hope to learn some things from you all and get some tips on how to keep these babies cooking as long as possible!

Re: Quads!

• Options
    That's awesome!! Good for you!!! I would have done the same thing :) good luck during your pregnancy!

BabyFetus TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    That is amazing. :) Congratulations! Are they all looking good/measuring on target?
    BFP 5/2/11 DS born 1/19/12. 
    BFP #2 12/29/12, EDD 9/6/13, MC 1/2/13.
    BFP #3 5/4/13, EDD 1/9/14  Twin Boys! L&L born 12/18/13
    BFP #4 10/10/15 - Surprise!  Boy #4!.  EDD 6/19/16

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @theatremandy Yep!  They all are right on track with lovely little heartbeats!!  We go back today!
  • Options
    Congrats! Wow 4 babies! I haven't seen a quad mom posting, most are twin and a lot of the info and questions are RE: twins.
    I have one week old triplets :)

Two years, two losses and three IUIs...

We are having TRIPLETS!

EDD 1/26/16

GGB born November 2015!

• Options
    Wow, congratulations! If you don't mind me asking, do any of them share a placenta? Or are they all separate? I'm just curious, feel free to not answer if you prefer :)
  • Options
    @Theliops they all have their own placentas and sacs, which from everything I've read and everything the doctor has said it's the best possible situation for the babies. They are all so far measruing exacting the way they should be.  Most multiples will measure the same until a certain point and then they won't grow as rapidly just because there isn't enough room, which is the reason for preterm delivery.  Our goal is 32 weeks. 
  • Options
    Congratulations!  I can't even imagine what it's like with 4...I am 24 weeks with triplets right now.  My only advice would be to listen to your body.  If you feel like you need to rest, then rest....and so forth.  Best of luck!
  • Options
    Since this is the multiples group I figured I would ask in my own thread..  When we started this journey it was originally 5 gestational sacs.  the 5th one was empty and never developed. We had an U/s at 10 weeks and it only showed four babies and I can't even remember seeing the empty sac anymore... For some reason  I've got it in my head that when we go back there will magically be a 5th baby from the 5th sac..  Has anyone has an empty sac that stayed empty in a multiple pregnancy??  I'm really freaking myself out now and we won't have another ultrasound for over a week.. I'm being crazy I know but I can't stop myself from feeling like that 5th sac with have magically formed a baby..  Anyways..  Need someone to tell me to stop being crazy! lol
  • Options

Since this is the multiples group I figured I would ask in my own thread..  When we started this journey it was originally 5 gestational sacs.  the 5th one was empty and never developed. We had an U/s at 10 weeks and it only showed four babies and I can't even remember seeing the empty sac anymore... For some reason  I've got it in my head that when we go back there will magically be a 5th baby from the 5th sac..  Has anyone has an empty sac that stayed empty in a multiple pregnancy??  I'm really freaking myself out now and we won't have another ultrasound for over a week.. I'm being crazy I know but I can't stop myself from feeling like that 5th sac with have magically formed a baby..  Anyways..  Need someone to tell me to stop being crazy! lol

Oh my god! You're blowing my mind with the idea of QUINTUPLETS haha! My OB was mentioning that in higher order multiples (quads and higher) there is a chance of a missed baby, because you can't always see all the angles. But she also said it's rare because of the advancements in ultrasounds. We only got into this conversation because people would ask me "What if there's a third hiding in there?"
  • Options
    We've had atleast 6 or 7 ultrasounds one of them being on my stomach the rest vaginally and each one they thoroughly looked...  I'm not worried about one hiding, I'm worried about the empty sac magically having a baby in it.. In my mind I KNOW I'm being crazy..  I guess all I can do is wait.. and pray these crazy dreams and worrying goes away..  
  • Options
    Kelley421Kelley421 member
    edited December 2015
    Same fear here! This actually happened a few years ago, the mother was having identical triplets and they pulled a 4th baby out.
    Odds are, you won't even see the empty sac as your 4 little ones will crowd it out.
    The worrying with high order multiples is real! It takes quite some time to adjust to the idea of so many babies at once, and then you really are never prepared! I am just going with it for now and trying to enjoy. After having my three, I won't be pregnant again or ever have newborns again, so I try to live in these moments.

We are having TRIPLETS!

EDD 1/26/16

GGB born November 2015!

• Options
    *dirty lurker*

@MrsHandler How are you and the babies doing?
    Me {32} DH {34}
    Married 05/2014

PCOS baby due October 09, 2016
    Beta #1: 22.5
    Beta #2: 74

• Options
    Hi all,

I just wanted to let you all know that January 2 I gave birth to one baby and then on January 7 I gave birth to the remaining 3 babies.  I was only 18 weeks so they did not survive.  We are completely devastated and hoping to heal with time.  We are still desperate for a family but are going to give ourselves time to heal mentally and myself heal physically.  It was one of the worst experiences of my life.  

thank you to all that were so positive about this.  We were so surprised when this happened but ready to take on the challenge.  
  • Options
    I am so sorry for you loss! Thoughts and prayers as you heal. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
                    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm so sad to read this. Thinking and praying for you while you and husband grieve and heal.

We are having TRIPLETS!

EDD 1/26/16

GGB born November 2015!

• Options
    I am so sorry for your losses. Thinking of you and your DH

Ella Rose

1/17/15 born via IVF w/ ICSI

Spontaneous Twins!

Due January 2016

Follow our Journey

• Options
    I'm so sorry for your losses. {{Hugs}} I'll be praying for you and our husband.
    Me {32} DH {34}
    Married 05/2014

PCOS baby due October 09, 2016
    Beta #1: 22.5
    Beta #2: 74

• Options
    So sorry for your losses, sending prayers your way for healing and strength.
  • Options
    Im very sorry for your loss. Sending prayers for you and your husband.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your losses. I can't imagine the heartbreak. I'll be praying for you and your family.

• Options
    I am so sorry for your losses. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Take the time you need to heal.
  • Options
    Oh, this is heartbreaking. I am so very sorry for your loss.
    BFP 5/2/11 DS born 1/19/12. 
    BFP #2 12/29/12, EDD 9/6/13, MC 1/2/13.
    BFP #3 5/4/13, EDD 1/9/14  Twin Boys! L&L born 12/18/13
    BFP #4 10/10/15 - Surprise!  Boy #4!.  EDD 6/19/16