Trouble TTC

PCOS and OPK's

I tried to call my RE's office and ask but they didn't call back -_-

I got a positive opk today. The first one without medicine since August. With PCOS, is it true that I can get a positive and still not release an egg? It's actually 2 days before I would usually be getting a positive on Clomid.
I have PCOS and was diagnosed 7 months ago and since I never actually got positive opks, I never thought of the question!
I did start tempting but I forget occasionally. I'm not sure if that will help in knowing. I have only been tracking this month so far, missing a few days.
Thanks ladies!
DS born 2016

Re: PCOS and OPK's

• I've learned that having PCOS can give you false results on OPKs. Both ways, but it's a toss up. When I was using the cheap strips, they seemed to work better than the expensive kits. But I would get positive one day, then a negative the next, then a positive again for like 3 days. It was all over the place! I just started paying more attention to my CM and that helps me to know when I'm about to ovulate. Not that I've been successful in conceiving with this method, it's better than spending all the $ on OPKs and not knowing if the results are reliable. Oh PCOS, so much adventure... :)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I started temping all and all last week I was in the 96 degrees range. Ever since the day after the positive opk, I've been in the 97 range and it hasn't gone down yet. I forgot to temp two days last week but since this past Monday I have. I thought that you get a spike and then it goes back down? PCOS is driving me nuts lol
    DS born 2016
  • Loading the player...
  • And the positive opk showed up on the digital but the wondfo strip looked close but wasn't a true positive. So I don't know which one to even believe lol
    DS born 2016