Babies on the Brain
Options

Happy New Year! For those waiting to TTC...

What are your plans for the year and ways you are distracting yourself until the time comes?

DH and I just returned from a three week trip to Europe. It was fun, exciting and exhausting. We had been planning and saving up for it for 5 years and now it's over. So glad we did it, but that was a major source of distraction for me regarding baby fever. So, now on to new distractions until Jan/Feb. 2017 when we start TTC!

My plans:
  • Grad school: I re-start on January 19. I have 7 classes left and should finish May 2017. So with two classes a semester (one in person and one online), that should help a little with distractions.
  • Health/fitness: I was in a good rhythm for a little while, but our vacation and other things side tracked. I want to get back to 4-5 days a week of exercise and  at least one run a week.
  • Sewing: I used to sew more, but I haven't for years. I took a class last summer and want to pick it up again. My goal is to make a few skirts and shirts for myself.
So ladies, what are your plans for the new year and when are you going to start TTC?

Re: Happy New Year! For those waiting to TTC...

• Options
    We will start trying in June, so until then I plan to do everything I won't be able to as much once kids do come - spending more time just the two of us, pleasure reading, doing whatever I want whenever I want. I have a girls only trip to Nashville, TN in July, and we're going to celebrate our 6th anniversary at Disney this year, he has a boys weekend planned next month.

Where all did you go in Europe? I would like to go eventually.
    Married: 10-2-2010
    Punk's birthday: 3-28-17
  • Options
    We are also going to start trying in June. It seems like time is dragging its feet!

-Money: We have started a baby fund (Post below). We are hoping this will help us see that we have dedicated money towards baby and we will feel comfortable TTC. We also have one more student loan to pay off.

-Photography: I have always had an interest in photography. I got a new DSLR camera a few months ago and would like to dive in and familiarize myself with it.

-As @schuette2 said, just spending quality time together as just the two of us...enjoying nice dinners, sleeping in, being lazy, etc. :)

Ideally, we would like to travel in 2016 but I am not sure if our budget will allow.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are going to try in February and again starting in July.

We are going on an all inclusive vacation in July.

We are going to train for a half marathon in June, and potentially a 10k in July.

I have 2 more baby blankets to finish for friends that are due in the first half of the year.

My husband also is starting grad school again in the beginning of February and that takes him away from home two nights a week.

Where did you go in Europe? Is sounds like an amazing vacation!
    Married 5/21/2011
    DD 1 10/2012
    CP 9/2013
    DD 2 6/2014
    CP 3/2016        
     BFP 12/8/2016        
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I signed us up for a half marathon in May, we are doing a 12 week "kickstart" for fitness for a new years resolution right now, (we both gained a little weight this winter.) I have 2 professional exams to sit for this year, it's like the equivalent of a rigorous masters program, as well as working full time.

We are going to start ttc in september... I am planning a road trip in september that will hopefully coincident with ovulation... he knows I have a baby making agenda, so I get to look forward to that trip too!
  • Options
    We got all sort of things going on, but time still seems to be dragging a bit (we're TTC starting June-July).
    - I'm in grad school (first week back, yaaaaay)
    - DH and I are headed to Hawaii in February on a trip with his family
    - DH and I are gearing up for his deployment
    - Our puppy Kara keeps us busy
    - I'm getting back on track with my fitness routine (it always tanks a bit during the holidays)
    - I've learned to sew ( @bmo88 - I just took a class too and it was great! My mother, who also sews, had been waiting years for that moment, haha!).
    - I'm also doing my best on paying off as much of my student loan money as possible this summer. DH has told me he would like to throw the extra money he earns on deployment towards the loans, which would help a lot and I would be so grateful for.
    So lots of stuff to do, but all I still want to do is look at baby stuff....
  • Options
    bmo88bmo88 member
    edited January 2016
    Great distractions and goals ladies! 

For those who asked, we visited London, Paris, Zurich, Venice, Rome and Barcelona. It was a 19 day trip that was exhausting and fantastic.
  • Options
    That sounds like a great vacation @bmo88!
    Married 5/21/2011
    DD 1 10/2012
    CP 9/2013
    DD 2 6/2014
    CP 3/2016        
     BFP 12/8/2016        
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Europe sounds amazing!!

Currently waiting on ttc for baby #2. Unfortunately I was that 1 out of 6 who developed a perinatal mood disorder with baby #1 (postpartum ocd in my case) so I have to get that under control first. Plus my son is only 8 (almost 9 months old) so I want to enjoy a little bit more time with him without adding in pregnancy just yet... Even though baby fever has hit me again hard! My things to focus on until we are ready to try again:

1) Work on my mental health and get back to normal.

2) Get our credit cards and medical bills paid off completely (we were prepared financially when ttc last time, but we had a lot of unexpected things come up while I was pregnant AND after having our son... That's life for you though). Hubby should hopefully be getting a nice raise soon, so that should help!

3) Buy a new home- renting just no longer makes sense for us.

The main thing we are waiting on is getting my mental health in check... We have a set plan on the financials and are on track to have everything paid off before the year ends. So as of right now we have agreed to ttc again starting at the end of the year, probably in December. BUT we also decided that baby #2 wouldn't be the end of the world if it happened sooner as long as my health is in order, so we will probably start ntnp at that point. We'll see though, nothing is set in stone.

My fun distraction til then??? My adorable little boy!! He is into everything these days and is always on the move, so he keeps me pretty busy. I'm excited to start party planning for his first Birthday in April!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    borgie05borgie05 member
    edited January 2016
    Edited since I couldn't delete--- caught myself giving unsolicited advice. Everyone hates that.. Heck I hate that. Sorry!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    edited January 2016
    Our plans are to save money and hopefully figure out what we want to do in terms of H starting his business and figuring out where we want to settle. It seems like every time we get money saved, something comes along to take it away. A move, a wrecked vehicle requiring buying a new one, etc.

Also, I very much had baby on the brain for a few months, but now I'm super chill and good with waiting for a while longer. I plan to be a STAHM once we start having kids. My job was not going the greatest for awhile, but I have a new boss and it's been great lately, so that pressure of really wanting an excuse to quit that job (not a whole lot of options in my field where we live now, plus I wouldn't want to switch jobs, get pregnant, and then be quitting 8 or 9 months into it) has gone away.

I still expect we'll start trying (or more accurately, we'll be not overly trying and not preventing. I don't expect problems and won't be charting unless we don't get pregnant relatively quickly) in the next 6 months or so, but in the meantime I'm happy and not feeling super baby obsessed, so that's good!!